Prince

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i used to have a live version of u2 playin the cross i think it was in the eighties but i can't find it:( does any one have it?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I own not a single Prince song (on CD, anyway).

That's sad. :reject:

I only have a greatest hits CD. It just happened to jump from my parents' CD collection to mine one day...:whistle:

it's weird ... i used to hate prince when i was a kid, and got angry whenever "Kiss" would be on MTV (though i remember liking "doves cry" and was reminded of that when i saw the Leonardo/Claire Danes "Romeo and Juliet" in college) and i thought the "cream" song was ridiculous and those assless yellow pants were gross and that he was disgusting looking ... and, now, i wish i could go back and slap my 11 year old self.

Irvine511 said:
it's weird ... i used to hate prince when i was a kid, and got angry whenever "Kiss" would be on MTV (though i remember liking "doves cry" and was reminded of that when i saw the Leonardo/Claire Danes "Romeo and Juliet" in college) and i thought the "cream" song was ridiculous and those assless yellow pants were gross and that he was disgusting looking ... and, now, i wish i could go back and slap my 11 year old self.

:lol:

I loved Cream - come to think of it, I probably should have gotten that album with the NPG but never did. Must not have had enough allowance money, cause I was 11 or 12 at the time myself.

wendi said:
i used to have a live version of u2 playin the cross i think it was in the eighties but i can't find it:( does any one have it?

I'm pretty sure that was a live Prince track with Bono making an appearance somewhere in it.

I'm watching the set again on You Tube now (thank Isis I found one with some AV quality--the first one I looked at was terrrible) and this man is freaking sexy, nasty, talented, SICK!

This makes me miss my high school days (sorry, y'all I've been doing the midlife thing and getting into all my 80s bands again) and seeing Purple Rain in the theater when it came out.

love him, loved the show.

I didn't see Purple Rain until recently, and man, that was one bad movie. The only thing that makes it watchable are the amazing performance parts.

corianderstem said:
I didn't see Purple Rain until recently, and man, that was one bad movie. The only thing that makes it watchable are the amazing performance parts.

don't even go near Under the Cherry Moon or Graffiti Bridge.

wendi said:

i think yes

but its terrible recording quality

I've been meaning to get into his music. What would be a good starting point?
I only know the hits - When doves cry, Purple Rain, Kiss, Cream, Little red corvette, Diamonds and pearls...and more recently Musicology.

Last edited:
i've been into prince since 1983 and i've got all his stuff! :drool: i only recently discovered u2 when a mate took me to see the vertigo show at croke park dublin. i was blown away! anyway i would get sign o the times to start with it's awesome but then i like them all :wink:

I've got the Hits/B-Sides, Purple Rain, Musicology, and 3121. 3121 is bloody fantastic.

And wow, never thought I'd see Prince cover the Foo Fighters, but I guess he's returning the favor for their cover of "Darling Nikki." Which was not quite as good. Prince on "Best of You" was the coolest thing I've seen in a while.

its on soulseek btw

wendi said:
i've been into prince since 1983 and i've got all his stuff! :drool: i only recently discovered u2 when a mate took me to see the vertigo show at croke park dublin. i was blown away! anyway i would get sign o the times to start with it's awesome but then i like them all :wink:

do you have the long version of computer blue?

it would be a good thing to start with that. i second sign O the times, love that album! aussi, lovesexy would be a good one to start.

i also recommend the prince live concert at paisley park.

and the 19-minute live version of purple rain. it shows you what kinda song this really is. 7 minutes of guitar solo at the start, before he even begins to sing. he played some of the same guitar riffs at the superbowl show.

in no particular order I heartily recommend the albums/ singles/ EPs

Controversy
Sign O The Times
Lovesexy
Black Album
Kiss (Single w long version)
Diamonds and Pearls
Prince and The New Power Generation
The Beautiful Experience
Exodus (by the New Power Generation)
Come
The Gold Experience
Emancipation

If you like Prince, there´s no way around these albums. He´s so talented you can´t just get three or four and then think it´s done.

lovesexy is my favourite album. it sounded nothing like anything else in 1988.the title track is amazing and anastasia.
yes i have the long version of computer blue- not played it for ages

Back
Top Bottom