Primal Scream - Any Fans Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ah yes

as Bobby Gillespie, the band's singer (and former drummer of Jesus and the Mary Chain) once said: 'The thing with Primal Scream is that we've always tried to make something Beautiful"

and that they did

basically Primal Scream makes two kinds of music, something which sounds pretty much the essence of soul/ funk/ blues, and the other side which is a techno band that is very filmic and features on lots of movie soundtracks

for any fans of an album like Rattle and Hum i strongly recommend Give Out but Dont Give Up, which is a funky outing which sounds as good as anything of that genre

the techno side, which is the direction the band has taken since the mid 90s have always been interesting, danceable and catchy. With Bobby Gillespie's voice is unmistakeable

favourite songs:
Loaded - Just What is it that you want to do?
Moving On Up
Damaged
Cry Myself Blind
Long Life
Ms Lucifer
Jailbird
Burning Wheel
Get Duffy
Autobahn66

Ooh, you just asnwered a question I have been pondering for some time. I got Give Out But Don't Give Up years and years ago, I think it was a relatively new release, but a good purchase. I then forgot all about them until a while ago I reheard Kill All Hippies which coincidently a friend recommended to me about 2 years ago and I hated because I thought it was too different from Give Up...But point is, I now love it and never understood the 2 distinct directions they took musically.

Good band though.
:up:

Back
Top Bottom