Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread - Page 60 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #886
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
I've never dreamt a dead person being alive, ever.
if i have it didn't make much of an impression on me

Old 03-09-2008, 05:03 PM   #887
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

It is crazy, agreed. As I said before, I have very colorful, vivid and detailed dreams....some are awesome, I love them....some are truly fucked up.....
what are some of the awesome ones?

Old 03-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #888
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:30 PM
Quote:
I've never dreamt a dead person being alive, ever.
I normally don't. My Grandmother pops up in my dreams rarely, but she is the only one. She was my favorite and died when I was 15. Only funeral I ever attended where I sort of lost it. My Aunt, who rarely talked to me or my sister came up to me after the funeral and said to me "Your Grandma is gone now, but maybe I can be like her for you" and my reply was "I fucking doubt it". 15 year old NSW was getting started on being an asshole early on!
Old 03-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #889
Blue Crack Supplier

I've never suffered a major injury, thank God. My right foot was the only thing close. In a basketball game four years ago, I was running down court, and, as I was running, my right toe was pointed to the ground and my heel pointed up. At that moment, a teammate tripped and fell directly on the heel of my foot, and sprained the middle of my foot. Only time I ever left a game for an injury. It was in the first quarter, and I spent the whole second quarter trying to walk it off, to no avail. I spent the next few days heavily limping, and working it out in my pool by sitting on the edge and just moving it around. It still swells up when I run in games early in the season, and progressively gets better as the season goes on.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:06 PM   #890
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

what are some of the awesome ones?
Oh, no one thing....some romantic in nature when I was a lot younger.....some just action-packed and crazy but fun....some are simple, me on a train overseas pops up now and then, which I love.....other simple ones are my 3 closest friends and I at Yankee Stadium, etc.....I wish I could remember some of the more positive but bizarre ones, but I don't.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #891
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
I normally don't. My Grandmother pops up in my dreams rarely, but she is the only one. She was my favorite and died when I was 15. Only funeral I ever attended where I sort of lost it. My Aunt, who rarely talked to me or my sister came up to me after the funeral and said to me "Your Grandma is gone now, but maybe I can be like her for you" and my reply was "I fucking doubt it". 15 year old NSW was getting started on being an asshole early on!
My mother's father died eleven years before I was born. My father's parents died within a year of each other, when I was two and three years old. My mother's mother was around till I was eight, when she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She died a year and a half ago, when I was 15. I haven't cried, to be honest, since her funeral. I was perfectly fine for the whole mass, and then, as we walked out with the casket ... a guy was playing Amazing Grace on bagpipes (we're all Irish) as we were walking out and that sort of did me in a little bit.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #892
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

My mother's father died eleven years before I was born. My father's parents died within a year of each other, when I was two and three years old. My mother's mother was around till I was eight, when she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She died a year and a half ago, when I was 15. I haven't cried, to be honest, since her funeral. I was perfectly fine for the whole mass, and then, as we walked out with the casket ... a guy was playing Amazing Grace on bagpipes (we're all Irish) as we were walking out and that sort of did me in a little bit.
I was solid as a rock at my Grandmother's, but for whatever reason, right in the middle of the service, I lost it out of nowhere. I did not fight it or anything, I loved her a lot and was upset that I was not more upset prior to. That's the last time I cried over a lost relative, but, certainly, I've shed tears since.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #893
Blue Crack Supplier

I haven't really had anything to cry over since then. I'm not an outwardly emotional person, for the most part.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #894
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I've never suffered a major injury, thank God. My right foot was the only thing close. In a basketball game four years ago, I was running down court, and, as I was running, my right toe was pointed to the ground and my heel pointed up. At that moment, a teammate tripped and fell directly on the heel of my foot, and sprained the middle of my foot. Only time I ever left a game for an injury. It was in the first quarter, and I spent the whole second quarter trying to walk it off, to no avail. I spent the next few days heavily limping, and working it out in my pool by sitting on the edge and just moving it around. It still swells up when I run in games early in the season, and progressively gets better as the season goes on.
I had a very serious head/neck/back injury that took months to recover from physically. I am now fine, sometimes my back gets tense but a heating pad does it. The worst was the PTSD which I really shook the next fall while I was abroad and then this fall I talked to someone about it a little. But once in a while it pops up, some idiot mentions the incident at school or soemthign happens that I overreact to. PTSD FTL.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:12 PM   #895
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I haven't really had anything to cry over since then. I'm not an outwardly emotional person, for the most part.
I'm surprisingly sensitive to certain things. Odd moments during songs or films, or even things I observe move me and I'll well up. We're not talking major flow of tears here, but, I definitely am more prone to it than one would think.

I'll also fight someone, so, there's that.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #896
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:

I had a very serious head/neck/back injury that took months to recover from physically. I am now fine, sometimes my back gets tense but a heating pad does it. The worst was the PTSD which I really shook the next fall while I was abroad and then this fall I talked to someone about it a little. But once in a while it pops up, some idiot mentions the incident at school or soemthign happens that I overreact to. PTSD FTL.
Major injuries suck. What happened exactly, if you don't mind me asking of course?
Old 03-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #897
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

That's a shame.

I remember when someone made a "your mom" joke to the kid who's mother died of cancer.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #898
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:

I remember when someone made a "your mom" joke to the kid who's mother died of cancer.
People can be such fucks sometimes.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #899
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:30 PM
Quote:
i hear you. that kind of stuff can take forever to recover from, especially mentally. i'm glad to hear you're doing better though
Old 03-09-2008, 05:17 PM   #900
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:30 PM
I'll suck the soul out of a person if they cross me and then I will weep for his/her family's loss.

Tags
superthread