Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread - Page 51 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #751
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Twenty times in a week, more like.

God, they'll never do something like Lovetown again, hey. Too stuck up a Yank's arse to care about the rest of the world, at least after almost losing their audience there in the late 90's.
I don't get why they're so fucking obsessed with the US, considering the way their economy's going. The next tour's schedule will be very telling. Right now, it makes bucketloads more economic sense to tour the EU. If U2 still stick with their usual idea of two big tours of America and a quick run through Europe in midsummer, we'll know Paul McGuinness's brain is stuck somewhere in 1987.

Quote:
Greece also has a pretty huge U2 fanbase, to my understanding. At least a very vocal one. And not playing Russia, SK and India is just rubbish. Japan the only country in the Orient they've heard of, much?
Apparently they once considered playing India. The end of the War Tour was meant to hit India, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. As it happened, the band was exhausted and they just did Japan, and that's why we got Under Australian Skies to kick off the UF Tour. But India somewhere between 1983 and 1984 disappeared. Singapore was also on the original Popmart plan but vanished.

I love how Australia and New Zealand have gotten shafted on EVERY tour. Well, almost every tour for Australia. The War Tour was meant to come here; we got UF. JT was meant to come here; we got Lovetown (a fair trade, I think!). ZooTV was meant to come in late 1992 but came in late 1993. Popmart came to Australia as scheduled; New Zealand was on the original schedule but, like Singapore, vanished. And then we all know about Vertigo being bumped back.

Quote:
I'll have to make a deal on the day then, I buy Bono a yiros and they play a big band version of Babyface instead, with a snippet of the other Babyface as made famous by the likes of Eddie Cantor.

This is quite possibly the worst idea ever.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #752
Vocal parasite

Quote:
They will if their hats are awesome enough.
That was the best call of the night.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #753
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:51 PM
U2 should start the next tour in Iran. It's not as bad a place as people think, though Ahmadinejad might ban The Edge for coming, mistaking his beanie for a yarmulke.

Quote:
This is quite possibly the worst idea ever.
I know, but I bet you can't wait for 56 seconds of low quality phone-camera footage of it on Youtube.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #754
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by mandy1973
Axver, just be glad you're not in Adelaide - we're on track for 16 days straight above 35!!!!!
HOLY SHIT.

We're looking at 37 tomorrow, then a plummet to 26 for Tuesday, then back to 30 on Wednesday, and every day from Thursday to Sunday is forecast to be 33 or hotter.

I miss our cool, mild February.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #755
Refugee

Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

That was the best call of the night.

I agree

Off topic, kinda, but just an example of "race day" in little ole adelaide - one of my friends won "fashion on the field" at the Melbourne cup day here last year, and her "prize" was to get her photo taken with Warwick Capper

...who proceeded to grope her throughout the photo shoot....that's how classy our race days here in adelaide are
Old 03-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #756
Vocal parasite

Quote:
U2 should start the next tour in Iran. It's not as bad a place as people think, though Ahmadinejad might ban The Edge for coming, mistaking his beanie for a yarmulke.
I was thinking Iraq might be more up Bono's alley. Then he can do some big speech about how "Sunnis, Shiites, and Kurds need to all come together ... as ... One!" and sound all deeply profound while Larry sits there scowling, Edge plays the same three notes over and over again, and Adam gets shot for flirting with militiamen's wives in the crowd.

Quote:
I know, but I bet you can't wait for 56 seconds of low quality phone-camera footage of it on Youtube.
... touche. But it's just to identify the snippetry, honestly!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #757
Refugee

26!!!! You are being spoilt Axver!!!!
I generally love summer, and whinge and moan like nothing else when it's cold, but even I'm finding this a little hard to take!
Old 03-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #758
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
ZooTV was meant to come in late 1992 but came in late 1993.
I thought Zoo TV probably wasn't going to come here at all? Paul McGuinness said something like that in 92, at least.

Even though we got a pretty raw end of the deal and they came in 93 when Bono was fat and tired, I'm still glad they came rather than 92, if only for the Zooropa goodness.

Not that it affected me at all since I was only about a thousand days old.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #759
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I hope not, I put a lot of trust in that bird. He does a pretty pisspoor job with the internet, though.
That pigeon must give you shocking pings for online gaming.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #760
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I was thinking Iraq might be more up Bono's alley. Then he can do some big speech about how "Sunnis, Shiites, and Kurds need to all come together ... as ... One!" and sound all deeply profound while Larry sits there scowling, Edge plays the same three notes over and over again, and Adam gets shot for flirting with militiamen's wives in the crowd.

I can see it now....
Old 03-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #761
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Off topic, kinda, but just an example of "race day" in little ole adelaide - one of my friends won "fashion on the field" at the Melbourne cup day here last year, and her "prize" was to get her photo taken with Warwick Capper

Okay, that's the funniest thing I've heard tonight.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #762
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Indeed there is, it's a chance for us backward bogans to dress up for the day and pretend, just for a moment , that we're as awesome as Melbourne

Of course, I bet the Adelaide Cup preceded the Melbourne Cup and we just decided to steal the status. After all, Melbourne's like that. It was founded much after places like Sydney and Hobart and whatnot! I love how in 1834, Melbourne didn't even exist, but by 1884, was arguably the richest city in the entire world. Rock the fuck on, marvellous Melbourne.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #763
Refugee

Quote:

Not that it affected me at all since I was only about a thousand days old.

S#$% you're making me feel old!!! ZOOTV wasn't even my first U2 show! Tho, I was glad they made it here for it - it's the only show that I managed to get pretty much front row for
Old 03-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #764
Vocal parasite

Quote:

...who proceeded to grope her throughout the photo shoot....that's how classy our race days here in adelaide are

You didn't even really need to say the part about the groping part - that comes as given!

Oh, I'm with Saddo on this, that was bloody hilarious.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #765
Blue Crack Addict

No matter how marvellous Melbourne may be, it was still founded by descendants of convicts, unlike SA which, like your beloved NZ, is the product of fine upperclass ladies and gentlemen.

Mandy, how I wish I could have been there, at Lovetown and at Zoo. We're still figuring out with time machines and whatnot.

Tags
superthread