Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2008, 08:51 AM   #706
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by blueeyedgirl
Where did he go?

OK matey I'm going now, I may pop back in here tomorrow morning (going to go to the beach first thing before it gets hot again, gotta do SOMETHING on this holiday weekend other than sit in front of the air con and watch bad telly )
I think he's just lost interest and only pops in every now and then. I'd love him to participate in these threads.

Have a good one. I'll have to go to bed soon too, as I've got an early start. Mum's coming down on an early flight, and I've got to meet her as she doesn't know the way to my place.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 08:54 AM   #707
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Man, I look forward to seeing future threads where Australians and New Zealanders complain about lack of U2 dates in their states.

Come on U2! We need something to talk about and a new album to not enjoy!
Yeah, it's going to be fun watching Americans bitch about "OMG ONLY TEN NEW YORK GIGS". And then when we point out how infuriating they are, someone like Headache will rock up with some blather about how America's actually poorly treated per capita or some bullshit.

And assuming U2 come down here, the pattern says you lot in SA will get to miss out in favour of Perth. Bet you can't wait for that.

And I need another U2 album to slag off and over-performances of One to shake my head at.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 08:57 AM   #708
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:46 PM
The pattern will lie. U2 are coming to Yorke Peninsula.

Ten minute version of Zooropa at Pt. Vincent.

Also, U2 definitely need to pay more attention to Greece, since I'll probably be there when they're touring next anyway. Just one Popmart concert at Thessaloníki, right? That's not very good.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:05 AM   #709
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I've already spoken to the band, and after that ten minute version of Zooropa, they're going to play ATYCLB in its entirety just for you!

Quote:
Also, U2 definitely need to pay more attention to Greece, since I'll probably be there when they're touring next anyway. Just one Popmart concert at Thessaloníki, right? That's not very good.
Yep, that's it.

U2's touring schedules just unbelievably suck. How is it even possible that they've played Greece ONCE and NEVER been to countries like Russia, Turkey, India, and South Korea? Meanwhile, they seem quite capable of playing Bumfuck, USA - twice, even.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 09:13 AM   #710
Vocal parasite

Alright, I'm out for the night.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #711
Blue Crack Addict

Twenty times in a week, more like.

God, they'll never do something like Lovetown again, hey. Too stuck up a Yank's arse to care about the rest of the world, at least after almost losing their audience there in the late 90's.

Greece also has a pretty huge U2 fanbase, to my understanding. At least a very vocal one. And not playing Russia, SK and India is just rubbish. Japan the only country in the Orient they've heard of, much?

Quote:
I've already spoken to the band, and after that ten minute version of Zooropa, they're going to play ATYCLB in its entirety just for you!

I'll have to make a deal on the day then, I buy Bono a yiros and they play a big band version of Babyface instead, with a snippet of the other Babyface as made famous by the likes of Eddie Cantor.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #712
Blue Crack Addict

Ah, dang. Have a good one, Axxo.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #713
Refugee

Local Time: 11:46 PM
Quote:
The pattern will lie. U2 are coming to Yorke Peninsula.

OK....I just stumbled into this post, and had to make comment. I actually believe it is more likely that U2 would consider the Fleurieu Peninsula over the Yorke Peninsula.
I think Horseshoe Bay, at Pt Elliot, will be the ideal spot, I can already see myself lounging on the beach, wine in hand while Acrobat is played in concert for the very first time.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #714
Blue Crack Addict

Oh man, good idea - a show down by the Coorong.

Fleurieu is more likely than Yorke (although both are obviously not going to happen), but is there any love for Eyre? Port Lincoln and Whyalla are pretty big, after all. I know that occasionally big names show there - not to the degree of U2, but still that actually doesn't sound completely unlikely.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #715
Blue Crack Addict

Look, there's even a stage in Eyre that they can perform on.

http://www.fgcsa.bigpondhosting.com/...ninsula040.jpg
Old 03-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #716
Refugee

Quote:
Look, there's even a stage in Eyre that they can perform on.

http://www.fgcsa.bigpondhosting.com/...ninsula040.jpg
HA!! awesome - instead of "Red Rocks" it will be "kinda funny Pink Rock"

....I'd be a bit too scared to go to Whyalla, but at least it's better than Pt Augusta LOL
Old 03-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #717
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, Augusta's pretty awful. Shame really. I can't remember what Whyalla's like these days, since the ferry from Arno to Wallaroo started up I haven't been through it.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #718
Refugee

I've actually only been thru Whyalla once, on the way to somewhere else...so I can't REALLY comment...but I do know a whole heap of ex-whyallans...
Old 03-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #719
Blue Crack Addict

I guess the last time I was around there I was more in the country areas around it.

I'm surprised the population's only 20,000 - I thought it was quite a lot more than that!

Where do you live, Mandy? Adelaide?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #720
Refugee

Yep, I'm up in the North Eastern Suburbs...sweltering at the moment, as I assume you are too!

Tags
superthread