Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2008, 06:53 AM   #676
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:26 PM
Alright, just sent out what should be my last e-mail for the day with U2 rarities. I hope you guys enjoy, and I'll get more to you in future.

Melissa, sometime before next weekend, I'll have to burn some discs for you with this stuff on it.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 06:58 AM   #677
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Alright, just sent out what should be my last e-mail for the day with U2 rarities. I hope you guys enjoy, and I'll get more to you in future.

Melissa, sometime before next weekend, I'll have to burn some discs for you with this stuff on it.
Wow, thankyou very muchly Ax

I'm trying to think of some good stuff from the Melissa collection to copy you as well

Old 03-09-2008, 07:01 AM   #678
Refugee

I'm going to do some Church stuff for you I think ... I'm a huge fan and think they are genius - but I really do think that you'll appreciate their stuff.

Or else
Old 03-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #679
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by TranceEnding
Wow, thankyou very muchly Ax

I'm trying to think of some good stuff from the Melissa collection to copy you as well
Quote:
I'm going to do some Church stuff for you I think ... I'm a huge fan and think they are genius - but I really do think that you'll appreciate their stuff.

Or else
Yeah, I've been wanting to hear some of their stuff.

Are data CDs OK, or do you need audio discs? Basically, I can fit a stack more music onto a data CD. Then you could put it in your computer and play it, but you couldn't use it in a stereo or anything. If I do audio CDs, I'll have to be more selective with what I include.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 07:19 AM   #680
Refugee

I think I need audio discs Is that alright??? Oh crap, I'm so computer challenged. I just don't have any speakers on this comp, so I just don't think to play music on it. My sis popped a CD in the other day and listened to it on headphones though.

What does that mean

audio discs to be on the safe side

Is it alright if I do the same for your CDs???

You will love the Church I must convert you
Old 03-09-2008, 07:24 AM   #681
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:56 AM
Wow what the fuck, I completely cold fell asleep for a while. Too much beer during the day, perhaps.

Quote:
If you don't have most/all of those, I have that CD in lossless and can burn it for you when we do our trade. Also, I feel bad about that, so in my cleaning that I need to do tonight, I'll go through and find all your boots.
A copy of that disc wouldn't hurt either, actually. I'm not fussed with when the trade goes down, I haven't collected any blanks yet.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:26 AM   #682
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I think I need audio discs Is that alright??? Oh crap, I'm so computer challenged. I just don't have any speakers on this comp, so I just don't think to play music on it. My sis popped a CD in the other day and listened to it on headphones though.

What does that mean

audio discs to be on the safe side

Is it alright if I do the same for your CDs???

You will love the Church I must convert you
Oh, no, it's no problem! I'll just have to be a bit more selective with what I include. I could probably fit about 5x the amount of music on a data disc as I can on an audio disc. So instead of doing ALL of the rarities I have, I'll just do the ones that are actually good/listenable/decent quality. In other words, I'll include something like The Dream Is Over, but all the recordings of Father Is An Elephant sound like SHIT.

So audio CDs it is, for both of us.

Just to jog my memory, can you e-mail me and let me know what U2 stuff you don't have? I can't remember if you said you've got many of the eighties b-sides or not.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 07:35 AM   #683
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Wow what the fuck, I completely cold fell asleep for a while. Too much beer during the day, perhaps.

A copy of that disc wouldn't hurt either, actually. I'm not fussed with when the trade goes down, I haven't collected any blanks yet.
I was wondering where you'd got to.

Righto, I can do that one too then. Hopefully I'll get to the boots tonight. I've got to finish cleaning the lounge first, since my mother will be sleeping in here. I have a tendency to keep most things clean, but to accumulate small piles of random junk in the corner ... now I've no idea where to put the bloody stuff. Ugh, cleaning sucks.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 07:36 AM   #684
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

1. Out Of Control (U2:3 version)
2. Stories For Boys (U2:3 version)
3. Boy/Girl
4. Another Day
5. Twilight (b-side/demo version)
6. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
7. Touch
8. Things To Make And Do
9. J. Swallow
10. A Celebration
11. Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)
12. Boomerang I
13. Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
14. Boomerang II
15. Deep In The Heart (unremastered)
16. Race Against Time (unremastered)
I have all these tracks Ax, but of course, it's all on vinyl and I don't have a turntable to play them on Far out, some of these songs I haven't heard in YEARS. So, if you are able to copy any of these tracks, I'd really, really appreciate it
Old 03-09-2008, 07:39 AM   #685
Refugee

I'll email you anyway Ax, but I think I need to go to sleep! I'm just exhausted now!

Goodnight all

Old 03-09-2008, 07:43 AM   #686
Blue Crack Addict

Night Melissa, have a good one.

Quote:

Righto, I can do that one too then. Hopefully I'll get to the boots tonight. I've got to finish cleaning the lounge first, since my mother will be sleeping in here. I have a tendency to keep most things clean, but to accumulate small piles of random junk in the corner ... now I've no idea where to put the bloody stuff. Ugh, cleaning sucks.
Hey, at least you're actually cleaning things up. That's already a +1 against me.

Now to search for some cold water to drink...
Old 03-09-2008, 07:43 AM   #687
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I'll email you anyway Ax, but I think I need to go to sleep! I'm just exhausted now!

Goodnight all

Sounds good. I can certainly copy the b-sides collection for you, and there will be room on the disc to fit a few more songs too.

Have a good night!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 07:58 AM   #688
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:56 PM
So this is where everyone is! or where everyone has just left!

I'd have been here earlier but it was just too fucking hot to sit in front of a PC. Fuck why does it have to be 40 fucking degrees in this city, 2 days in a row! And for the rest of the fucking week!
Old 03-09-2008, 08:01 AM   #689
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by blueeyedgirl
So this is where everyone is! or where everyone has just left!

I'd have been here earlier but it was just too fucking hot to sit in front of a PC. Fuck why does it have to be 40 fucking degrees in this city, 2 days in a row! And for the rest of the fucking week!
You need to keep up with our world tour.

Fucking hell, this hot weather sucks. I'm trying to clean my lounge right now and just dying of the heat. WHAT HAPPENED TO AUTUMN.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 08:01 AM   #690
Blue Crack Addict

No kidding. And I was outside for a good part of the day, too.

Another day over 34 tomorrow and this'll be the longest heat wave in March here for about sixty years. And it's especially annoying, because Autumn when it's actually Autumn is my favourite season.

Tags
superthread