Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What pisses me off is that here in Melbourne, the heat's lingering. It was still 29C at 9:30pm! It's just dropped a little now, down to 26C, but it's still uncomfortable in my place because the heat from earlier hasn't really dissipated.

Ax, are we going to Bumberry next? I mean, I just hope an Aussie is making the next thread so we don't end up with something lame like Fenway again.

Yeah, I was thinking we'd do Bumberry next. It's time for another silly joke location. Hopefully I'll be awake and around for it, but I'm not optimistic.

Axver said:

You need to keep up with our world tour.

Yeah I just read the first page of this thread, this is worse than trying to keep up with the Desperate and Dateless threads from 05!

Fucking hell, this hot weather sucks. I'm trying to clean my lounge right now and just dying of the heat. WHAT HAPPENED TO AUTUMN.
Autumn got fucked. :| ANd our daylight saving won't end till about April, gah!

The Sad Punk said:
How much more cleaning up do you have to do? I'll send an eBroom.

I've still got to vacuum the lounge and kitchen, clean the bathroom sink, do some dishes ... fuck. How does all this stuff just creep up on me?

Oh yeah, and I need to finish unpacking my suitcase from a trip I took in January.

:|

blueeyedgirl said:
Yeah I just read the first page of this thread, this is worse than trying to keep up with the Desperate and Dateless threads from 05!

I don't think I remember those ...

Autumn got fucked. :| ANd our daylight saving won't end till about April, gah!

We had a nice pre-autumn going here in Melbourne for much of February. A couple of days didn't even pass 18. It was lovely. Now this hot bullshit. Way to fail, weather.

blueeyedgirl said:

No you only wrote most of them :wink:

It's too warm and my brain's melting; I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here or referencing something or what! :lol:

Just had a mooch around this place trying to catch up, didn't realise it's been a megabanning weekend! :lol:

I get the feeling things around here will be a bit quieter and less colourful without Canadiens ...

unico said:
ax i woke up this morning to a mailbox of goodies! thanks dude. i can't wait to listen to these songs.

Hope you enjoy them. :)

Or in the case of songs like Tonight, get a good laugh from them ...

Axver said:

It's too warm and my brain's melting; I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here or referencing something or what! :lol:
[/B][/QUOTE]Here's one Of course, when one post whores a whole fuckin lot, one may forget one's previous moments of genius/brilliance/stupidity... :wink:

blueeyedgirl said:
Here's one Of course, when one post whores a whole fuckin lot, one may forget one's previous moments of genius/brilliance/stupidity... :wink:

OH, THOSE. Those were great.

I miss timothius. :(

Where did he go? :(

OK matey I'm going now, I may pop back in here tomorrow morning (going to go to the beach first thing before it gets hot again, gotta do SOMETHING on this holiday weekend other than sit in front of the air con and watch bad telly :grumpy: )

Man, I look forward to seeing future threads where Australians and New Zealanders complain about lack of U2 dates in their states.

Come on U2! We need something to talk about and a new album to not enjoy!

blueeyedgirl said:
Where did he go? :(

OK matey I'm going now, I may pop back in here tomorrow morning (going to go to the beach first thing before it gets hot again, gotta do SOMETHING on this holiday weekend other than sit in front of the air con and watch bad telly :grumpy: )

I think he's just lost interest and only pops in every now and then. I'd love him to participate in these threads.

Have a good one. I'll have to go to bed soon too, as I've got an early start. Mum's coming down on an early flight, and I've got to meet her as she doesn't know the way to my place.

The Sad Punk said:
Man, I look forward to seeing future threads where Australians and New Zealanders complain about lack of U2 dates in their states.

Come on U2! We need something to talk about and a new album to not enjoy!

Yeah, it's going to be fun watching Americans bitch about "OMG ONLY TEN NEW YORK GIGS". And then when we point out how infuriating they are, someone like Headache will rock up with some blather about how America's actually poorly treated per capita or some bullshit.

And assuming U2 come down here, the pattern says you lot in SA will get to miss out in favour of Perth. Bet you can't wait for that. :yes:

And I need another U2 album to slag off and over-performances of One to shake my head at. :drool:

The pattern will lie. U2 are coming to Yorke Peninsula.

yorke_peninsula.gif

Ten minute version of Zooropa at Pt. Vincent. :drool:

Also, U2 definitely need to pay more attention to Greece, since I'll probably be there when they're touring next anyway. Just one Popmart concert at Thessaloníki, right? That's not very good.

The Sad Punk said:

I've already spoken to the band, and after that ten minute version of Zooropa, they're going to play ATYCLB in its entirety just for you! :happy:

Also, U2 definitely need to pay more attention to Greece, since I'll probably be there when they're touring next anyway. Just one Popmart concert at Thessaloníki, right? That's not very good.

Yep, that's it. :|

U2's touring schedules just unbelievably suck. How is it even possible that they've played Greece ONCE and NEVER been to countries like Russia, Turkey, India, and South Korea? Meanwhile, they seem quite capable of playing Bumfuck, USA - twice, even.

Twenty times in a week, more like.

God, they'll never do something like Lovetown again, hey. Too stuck up a Yank's arse to care about the rest of the world, at least after almost losing their audience there in the late 90's.

Greece also has a pretty huge U2 fanbase, to my understanding. At least a very vocal one. And not playing Russia, SK and India is just rubbish. Japan the only country in the Orient they've heard of, much?

I've already spoken to the band, and after that ten minute version of Zooropa, they're going to play ATYCLB in its entirety just for you!

angry10.gif

I'll have to make a deal on the day then, I buy Bono a yiros and they play a big band version of Babyface instead, with a snippet of the other Babyface as made famous by the likes of Eddie Cantor.

:drool:

The Sad Punk said:
The pattern will lie. U2 are coming to Yorke Peninsula.

yorke_peninsula.gif

OK....I just stumbled into this post, and had to make comment. I actually believe it is more likely that U2 would consider the Fleurieu Peninsula over the Yorke Peninsula.
I think Horseshoe Bay, at Pt Elliot, will be the ideal spot, I can already see myself lounging on the beach, wine in hand while Acrobat is played in concert for the very first time.:yes: :drool:

section_4.gif

Oh man, good idea - a show down by the Coorong. :drool:

Fleurieu is more likely than Yorke (although both are obviously not going to happen), but is there any love for Eyre? Port Lincoln and Whyalla are pretty big, after all. I know that occasionally big names show there - not to the degree of U2, but still that actually doesn't sound completely unlikely. :hmm:

Yeah, Augusta's pretty awful. :| Shame really. I can't remember what Whyalla's like these days, since the ferry from Arno to Wallaroo started up I haven't been through it.

I guess the last time I was around there I was more in the country areas around it.

I'm surprised the population's only 20,000 - I thought it was quite a lot more than that!

Where do you live, Mandy? Adelaide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom