Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, Ian, what the fuck has been happening in the cricket? Bold as hell declaration by Vettori, and where the fuck is the English batting?

coolian2 said:

Mt Smart is :drool: for football codes.

But yeah, QEII is small, surrounded by only hill, has no public address system and no perimeter fence nor gates.

And a small set of shops about a five minute walk away, which do a great fish and chips.

Yeah, Mt Smart seemed nice. I hope that with the Onehunga Branch railway being reopened, they put in a station closer, though.

So, in other words, QEII is only used for bumfuck nobody-cares provincial matches? :wink:

Sounds nice though.

mysterious_jen said:

drop MOTD but the rest is WIN !

HERESY! MOTD is one of the best songs on JT. :drool:

Also, Screwtape gets tsked for heresy too because MOTD is a natural closer. :tsk:

Axver said:
Holy shit, Ian, what the fuck has been happening in the cricket? Bold as hell declaration by Vettori, and where the fuck is the English batting?

Well, you may have seen me crying yesterday afternoon in the last thread.

It looks like Vettori wanted the psychological edge on England by declaring instead of being bowled out, and today their batter has no fucking idea.

Screwtape2 said:

Thanks. :)

I'm curious, what's wrong with MOTD? It reminds me of the Faith era Cure. It has the right level of darkness for a bluesy record.

i just dont like it . it has never really done anything for me.

EXIT on the other hand :combust: now that is dark shit.

coolian2 said:

Well, you may have seen me crying yesterday afternoon in the last thread.

It looks like Vettori wanted the psychological edge on England by declaring instead of being bowled out, and today their batter has no fucking idea.

Yeah, I suppose they were pretty fucked with Martin at the crease anyway.

We've got to get Bell out now before he starts to pile on the runs.

Axver said:

Yeah, I suppose they were pretty fucked with Martin at the crease anyway.

We've got to get Bell out now before he starts to pile on the runs.

Nothing to worry about, we are not going to lose this one. The worst thing that can happen is a draw.

The Poms haven't played a serious shot all day. Every run seems to have come off the edge of the bat.

Collingwood 2 off 50, that says it all.

coolian2 said:
Collingwood gawn!

OH FUCK YES.

COME OOON, DANNY!

Vettori > any other spin bowler you care to name, really.

coolian2 said:

Nothing to worry about, we are not going to lose this one. The worst thing that can happen is a draw.

The Poms haven't played a serious shot all day. Every run seems to have come off the edge of the bat.

Collingwood 2 off 50, that says it all.

The way this is going, I hope we can skittle the bastards and clinch the win.

Holy fuck, 2 off 50, that's just disgraceful. Why even bother? That really just hurts your team more than it helps.

Axver said:

The way this is going, I hope we can skittle the bastards and clinch the win.

Holy fuck, 2 off 50, that's just disgraceful. Why even bother? That really just hurts your team more than it helps.

We're the only team that's played cricket in the entire game.

Ironically, Sidearse yesterday really pulled us back into the game by getting the English excited and forcing a quick declaration really.

coolian2 said:
Martin gets Ambrose, oh shit yeah!

They're dying like flies!

I love Cricinfo's comment just two balls before Ambrose went: "What's Tim Ambrose made of? Don't say custard. He has kept beautifully all game, and his fifty in the first innings showed plenty of resolve and quality...but this situation is entirely different."

Commentator's curse?

coolian2 said:

We're the only team that's played cricket in the entire game.

Ironically, Sidearse yesterday really pulled us back into the game by getting the English excited and forcing a quick declaration really.

:lol:

I almost feel like we need to do a Sidebottom thread. Sure, he's not a place, but ... what a name!

So, explain what you're talking about to me real quick, and which teams you root for and how they are doing.

phillyfan26 said:
Overall, how are they doing?

We're in the fifth and final day with England needing to score 240 runs to win, but they've forgotten how to bat and only have 3 wickets in hand, so they're fucked.

Haha, Cricinfo's reporting England's fans are already leaving the ground.

ENGLAND = OWNED.

Every time I refresh Cricinfo now, I expect another wicket to have fallen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom