Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
I wonder when we're going off daylight savings here ...
April 6, for some reason. I'm sure it used to be late March... but I think they're trying to get all the states on the same schedule. :shrug:

KhanadaRhodes said:

ooh tell me.

I'm thinking along the lines of stuff on Frenzy. Will have to listen to the two back-to-back to get the best idea though.

Alisaura said:

April 6, for some reason. I'm sure it used to be late March... but I think they're trying to get all the states on the same schedule. :shrug:

the whole world extended it because it apparently saves energy

unico said:
i thought you were going out tonight?

yeah he should call in a minute. it's a late drinks thing, he was at a movie. i think. we might not do it cause i have to be at something at 10am and dst and all.

Axver said:
I'm thinking along the lines of stuff on Frenzy. Will have to listen to the two back-to-back to get the best idea though.
ahh i see. i don't get really technical with music stuff, i just say "oh this sounds better" even when comparing the original record vs. cd version vs. remaster.

i will say though i think all cd versions of time and tide sound like crap, although i think that has more to do with equalisation or something rather than breathing. i dunno. if i'm not lazy, i pull out the record and play it if i wanna listen.

Alisaura said:

The lyric change? It was originally "She's the wave/She'll turn the tide/She sees the man inside the child, yeah", but on the Best Of, it's "She's the wave/She'll turn the tide/And no question, she knows why".

Screwtape2 said:
It only happens on a couple tracks. Pop is pretty good at giving song air but Please for instance feels very rushed and the tempo seems to be off. If the band stretched it out like they did for Popmart. They would have made the song have room to breathe. That's what I mean. :)
Fair enough... I guess I'll have to have another listen to things. Thanks for trying to explain it! :up:

And fair point Ax... I think someone once said that writing about music is like dancing about architecture :wink:

And about the daylight savings thing... I just keep changing my timezone so that the correct time shows here, even if I find myself on Japanese time for half the year. :lol:

Alisaura said:

Pretty sure it was late March last year.

I remember the original Vertigo Tour schedule meant I would have experienced two reversions to normal time. Victoria was changing back the night of 24-25 March and NSW the night of 31 March-1 April, i.e. right between the two gigs in each city.

Varitek said:

yeah he should call in a minute. it's a late drinks thing, he was at a movie. i think. we might not do it cause i have to be at something at 10am and dst and all.

ah okay. yeah i don't like springing forward. i know it is only an hour, but it throws me off for the whole week

yeah we called it off. i have an early morning, who knows when bars close tonight (fuckin blue laws) etc.

soooo...now that i have shaved my legs, what movie should i watch?

coolian2 said:
Thank you daylight saving, yankee style.

My interference clock is FUCKING FINALLY right

Watch out, it'll be wrong in a few weeks.

Axver said:
The lyric change? It was originally "She's the wave/She'll turn the tide/She sees the man inside the child, yeah", but on the Best Of, it's "She's the wave/She'll turn the tide/And no question, she knows why".
Wow. I never listen to the Best Of so I never noticed that. :lol:

unico said:

ah okay. yeah i don't like springing forward. i know it is only an hour, but it throws me off for the whole week

i hate it. i hate losing an hour of sleep. now gaining one in the fall, that is lovely.

I'm going to the later mass tomorrow morning so that it doesn't throw me off as much.

unico said:

hmm maybe.

i'm really sad, the power outage took down the computer for our campus file sharing network and it hasn't come back yet; hte host is probably away and figured he'd just leave it on. and there were some good new movies i hadn't gotten yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom