"Pride and Prejudice", the movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I watched this whole movie yesterday. It's a great movie, very interesting. It's a commentary on the superficialiy and silliness of the society Austen lived in, early nineteenth century England. The whole thing lasts six hours, so you need to have some time to kill.

I take it you are talking about the BBC production from approx 1996. It's awesome I don't think there has ever been an adaptation that has done justice to the book to the extent this did.
At the end of the day in story terms you can't beat boy meets girl.
To begin with I thought this thread was about the movie which is in production at the moment. Whoever thought it was a good idea to cast Keira Knightly as Elizabeth wants bloody shooting.

why they feel the need to redo the movie is beyond me. with kiera knightley, no less. :scratch:

'emma' with gwyneth paltrow is on the telly this afternoon. :up:

no mr. darcy, though.

verte76 said:
They are re-doing that movie? That's insane! Jennifer Ehle was excellent as Elizabeth.

Yeah, very insane. It's not just the fact that they're going to have to cram it all into two hours but nobody seems to have realised that Keira Knightly can't actually act. The best thing about it was that tons of people turmed down the role of Mr Darcy because of how good Colin Firth was.
On another topic has anybody been to a Pride And Prejudice 'Party'. Basically just popcorn a lot of friends and watching the whole six hours non-stop. Quality evening and not just because I was the only guy there.

There are so many versions of this movie.

I saw a preview for "Bride and Prejudice", a Indian movie that comes out sometime this year....it looks sooo cute!

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

lauren430 said:

I saw a preview for "Bride and Prejudice", a Indian movie that comes out sometime this year....it looks sooo cute!

No, I haven't heard anything about this.

dandy said:
fantastic stuff. :up:

mr. darcy

:drool:

We watched this last year in english. I go to an all girls school so you have to imagine a classful of girls swooning over the scene where he jumps onto that pond :shifty: :drool:

lauren430 said:

I saw that preview, I thought it looked highly amusing.

Plus it has the guy from "Lost" in it and I like him. :up:

Souly said:

We watched this last year in english. I go to an all girls school so you have to imagine a classful of girls swooning over the scene where he jumps onto that pond :shifty: :drool:

Omigosh! I can see it now.
*swoon*

lauren430 said:

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I remember seeing the preview but can't remember with what movie.

It looks hilarious. One of the cast from Lost is in it as well as that cute guy from The Ring, martin Henderson?

Also, I dont' know why they need to remake Pride and Prejudice. The BBC version with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth is amazing. How bout Mr. Darcy taking a dip in his pond at his estate.!!

wooo

Back
Top Bottom