Pride and Prejudice (2005)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
The date verification is because there are about fifteen thousand versions of P and P. I must say this is the most visually interesting movie I've seen in a while, mostly because it doesn't rely on tricky shots or special effects. It just uses (extremely) long takes and tracking shots to soak in the atmosphere. I'd say it's probably the best Jane Austen film I've seen, along with Emma from a few years back. Haven't seen Sense and Sensibility, though. :reject:

Yes, this is the fourth movie I've seen in a week. Fifth if you count Harry Potter twice.

I want to see it this weekend, every review I've read says it's so good.I am in the mood for some sappy romance even though I don't believe in that crap :wink:

I was under the impression that it was released in the US months ago, but there you go.

It's a great adaptation. Not quite as good as the BBC version (with Colin Firth), but still enjoyable. Matthew MacFadyen surprised me at how well he pulled off the Darcy character - he's always seemed very dull, but he brushes up wonderfully in it :up:

this is a great movie! the only thing i didn't like was the very last scene, which they didn't include in the british version- only the american one... :eyebrow: very enjoyable, beautiful to watch. thumbs up!! :up:

I still enjoy the BBC version very much so really want to go see this one now. Darn and I hate going to the movies. Guess I'll make down there sometime next week.

Here we go again, another holiday season full of movies I want to see. When I go to the theatre at this time of year I always manage to pick up some kind of a cough, cold or flu! This is another movie I've added to my ever growing list of new flicks I want to see!

I can't bring myself to watch this version. The BBC A&E version is the best adaptation of Pride and Prejudice out there.

I haven't seen it, but Keira Knightley doesn't strike me as an Elizabeth type. The commercials make them seem poorer than they are and the guy who plays Mr. Darcy just isn't Mr. Darcy.

I just can't do it. :|

The BBC/A&E version is so wonderful that I can't even bring myself to contemplate seeing another one. Just beyond fantastic, really.

The BBC version was on the Biography Channel this past weekend (or was it Friday, :hmm: ). I watched it again, this is probably my 7th or 8th time seeing it. I just love that version. I love Jane Austin and can't tell you how many times I have watched Sense and Sensibility. Hugh Grant :drool:

I'm looking forward to seeing this version. Although I will be sitting alone in the theater because there is no way my husband will go and see this. Too much of a chick flick for him.

:hmm: someone asked me to see this movie... but from the sound of it, it sounds like that BBC version is the better one? Would that one be easy to find from a library, or maybe like a typical rental place?

For Honor said:
:hmm: someone asked me to see this movie... but from the sound of it, it sounds like that BBC version is the better one? Would that one be easy to find from a library, or maybe like a typical rental place?

You'll have to note that most mentions of the BBC ones dont' say it is better. Because they're from people who refuse to even try a new one. :wink:

I've seen both the BBC and the new 2005 version with Kiera. The new version isn't bad, it's actually "tolerable, I suppose, but not enough to tempt me". It just doesn't hold a candle to the BBC version. Kiera just isn't believable as Elizabeth Bennet.

For Honor said:

You can rent it at Blockbuster, and is available for purchase on amazon, and I've also seen it at Borders.

I'm going to see the new version, and I love the BBC/A&E version. I'm interested to see what gets cut in the new version, as it is considerably shorter than the BBC version.

A couple of my friends are bonkers over Jane Austen (P&P especially), but I never got into it though after all the things they've said I'm curious. My local library has the BBC version from a few years ago. Any thoughts?

(I'm currently up to part III, but that's on the lowdown. Actually, it's a fairly interesting movie, considering the cultural dynamics, and the general human qualities that are displayed in it. It's interesting :ohmy: )

....:shh:.....

I think it's out on DVD either next week or in March

I don't even remember this guy from the movie :der: it's not Mr. Darcy, at least I don't think it is..

Best Actress nominee Keira Knightley can take pride in her new catch: Rupert Friend. The Pride & Prejudice costars were spotted getting sun-kissed Thursday in the Bahamas. "They looked very happy to be together," an onlooker tells People. "It was very romantic." No word yet on whether Knightley, whose two-year relationship with model Jamie Dornan ended last August, will be bringing Friend as her Oscar date.

kknightley.jpg

Back
Top Bottom