Preliminary Discussion for namkcuR's next Best Song Survivor - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Which one?
Radiohead 16 51.61%
Led Zeppelin 15 48.39%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-04-2007, 03:22 AM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 12:27 PM
I'd also be open to doing Metallica, but there just aren't enough 'fans' that I now of here that would be interested.

There are a couple of bands that could be used for a 'quickie' best song survivor due to modest amounts of output...mainly thinking of Nirvana(3 LPs) and Alice In Chains(3 LPs, 2EPs) here.

RHCP would be a fun one to do, but I really don't feel like going through the early draws - self-titled, Freaky Styley, Uplift Mofo Party Plan, etc. If it could start with BSSM or maybe Mother's Milk, I'd be more excited to do it.

If you anybody would rather do any of the above instead of the two poll options, let me know.

I set the poll to be infinite, btw - it will never close. It's essentially deadlocked at the moment.
__________________

__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 11-04-2007, 05:05 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict
 
liamcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: deep in absolutely bullshit historical theory/trauma theory
Posts: 16,695
Local Time: 03:27 AM
King Crimson.
__________________

__________________
liamcool is offline  
Old 11-04-2007, 06:16 AM   #48
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by liamcool
King Crimson.
It would get an epic 2 votes per round.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 11-04-2007, 07:18 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


It would get an epic 2 votes per round.
Three votes per round.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 11-04-2007, 07:23 AM   #50
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2


Three votes per round.
Nah, I only have about four albums, so it'd be you and Liam for a lot of it.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 11-04-2007, 09:06 AM   #51
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
I'd also be open to doing Metallica, but there just aren't enough 'fans' that I now of here that would be interested.

There are a couple of bands that could be used for a 'quickie' best song survivor due to modest amounts of output...mainly thinking of Nirvana(3 LPs) and Alice In Chains(3 LPs, 2EPs) here.

RHCP would be a fun one to do, but I really don't feel like going through the early draws - self-titled, Freaky Styley, Uplift Mofo Party Plan, etc. If it could start with BSSM or maybe Mother's Milk, I'd be more excited to do it.

If you anybody would rather do any of the above instead of the two poll options, let me know.

I set the poll to be infinite, btw - it will never close. It's essentially deadlocked at the moment.
PEARL JAM

__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 11-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #52
Refugee
 
cdisantis83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Among Badgers
Posts: 1,033
Local Time: 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
any Who fans?
I certainly am- do not feel alone.
I believe that a Rolling Stones survivor would be great, as I can think of no single tune that would represent a favorite to win the whole thing, with the exception perhaps of Gimme Shelter. The extensive back catalog, however, would probably require each album draw to be restricted to three or four songs, which might be problematic as well. In any case, I vote for Zeppelin in this round.
__________________
cdisantis83 is offline  
Old 11-04-2007, 02:06 PM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 12:27 PM
I don't know Pearl Jam's whole catalog quite well enough to do that.

11-8 Zeppelin right now.

But I just know that are a lot of people who would want RH who just haven't clicked the button yet(think Xavi, AtomicBono, etc).

Given that fact, I still say we're essentially deadlocked right now, and my gut is still leaning towards Radiohead.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 11-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,666
Local Time: 01:27 PM
doooooooooo it.
__________________
Lancemc is offline  
Old 11-04-2007, 03:13 PM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life
 
BonosLil'Pal94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the Darkest Timeline
Posts: 14,504
Local Time: 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC


That was me.

I wasn't registered yet....which U2 song won?
__________________
BonosLil'Pal94 is offline  
Old 11-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #56
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
We need a Gin Blossoms survivor.


We can vote which one of their 2 songs is the best.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 11-04-2007, 06:38 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosLil'Pal94



I wasn't registered yet....which U2 song won?
It was a tie between Streets and One.
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 11-04-2007, 06:38 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
I don't know Pearl Jam's whole catalog quite well enough to do that.

11-8 Zeppelin right now.

But I just know that are a lot of people who would want RH who just haven't clicked the button yet(think Xavi, AtomicBono, etc).

Given that fact, I still say we're essentially deadlocked right now, and my gut is still leaning towards Radiohead.
So basically the poll means jack shit all
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 11-04-2007, 11:13 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
intedomine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,952
Local Time: 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto




We can vote which one of their 2 songs is the best.
They've actually got about 60-odd songs. Most are awesome.

I bet most here would struggle to name more than 6 or 7 LedZep songs.
__________________
intedomine is offline  
Old 11-04-2007, 11:27 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine
I bet most here would struggle to name more than 6 or 7 LedZep songs.


I could grab any random person off the street over the age of 18 and I promise you at least half of them could name more than 6 or 7 Zeppelin tunes.
__________________

__________________
DaveC is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com