Preliminary Discussion for namkcuR's next Best Song Survivor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which one?

• Radiohead

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for Zep. Yeah, Stairway, Whole 'Lotta Love and Kashmir might threaten to take the whole thing, but then A Day In The Life always threatened to take Beatles from the beginning too. It was still a lot of fun though.

Radiohead survivor just sounds like it could get really ugly! :yikes:

namkcuR said:
I might have been thinking of the Best Non-Single U2 Song Survivor...that was Axver.

But the original one was you.

Yeah, DaveC did the original Best U2 Song Survivor, then I did a few. I can't remember all of them, but I definitely recall Best Album and Best Single.

I've thought it might be interesting to do a "Rest Of" U2 Song Survivor. Cut anything on the Best Ofs and U2:18 and see what comes out the top. It eliminates almost all of the predictable fodder like One, Bad, and Streets. It wouldn't just be a "best non-singles" sort of affair either, as popular non-singles on the Best Ofs would be gone while songs like In God's Country would stay in contention.

Last edited:
DaveC said:
In God's Country FTW! :drool:

No wait...Heartland.

No...Love Comes Tumbling.

Nah, Heartland...maybe...

Aw fuck it. :huh:

That one flew right over your head. The obvious answer is Zooropa. :grumpy:

Unless, of course, you count the Zooropa promo as a single, in which case I'll just go over to the corner and hide.

LemonMelon said:

That one flew right over your head. The obvious answer is Zooropa. :grumpy:

Unless, of course, you count the Zooropa promo as a single, in which case I'll just go over to the corner and hide.

Damn, you might be right.

No, wait - Please.

No...

Crap, this would be tough. :slant:

Lancemc said:

Led Zep are one of the more boring and redundant bands on the planet.

:wink: That's why I don't wan Led Sep survivor.

Radiohead or REM all the way....

And I'd be hapy to run Ginblossoms or Travis survivor if anyone would be up for it.

LemonMelon said:

:heart: I was just joking...you know that's my way.

Live At Leeds is my lover :drool:

I'll have to see if we have that one, and then steal it away from hubby. If I could only get the Springsteen CD out of the CD player. Don't worry darlin', now baby don't you fret. We're livin' in the future and none of this happened yet. :dance:

\sidetracked

Lila64 said:

I'll have to see if we have that one, and then steal it away from hubby. If I could only get the Springsteen CD out of the CD player. Don't worry darlin', now baby don't you fret. We're livin' in the future and none of this happened yet. :dance:

\sidetracked

Live At Leeds deluxe is the best. The version of Tommy on there makes the original obsolete. :up: Plus, that amazing version of Quick One. :combust:

Bruce is awesome, but I'm not sure how long such a tournament would take, and I'm pretty sure votes would dwindle down once we got to Human Touch, Ghost Of Tom Joad, et al.

I really don't know Springsteen's catalog much at all :reject:
I know less about Radiohead, as I'm not a fan.

Again, I'll have to see what WHO CDs are hiding in the closet :shifty:

I'd also be open to doing Metallica, but there just aren't enough 'fans' that I now of here that would be interested.

There are a couple of bands that could be used for a 'quickie' best song survivor due to modest amounts of output...mainly thinking of Nirvana(3 LPs) and Alice In Chains(3 LPs, 2EPs) here.

RHCP would be a fun one to do, but I really don't feel like going through the early draws - self-titled, Freaky Styley, Uplift Mofo Party Plan, etc. If it could start with BSSM or maybe Mother's Milk, I'd be more excited to do it.

If you anybody would rather do any of the above instead of the two poll options, let me know.

I set the poll to be infinite, btw - it will never close. It's essentially deadlocked at the moment.

namkcuR said:
I'd also be open to doing Metallica, but there just aren't enough 'fans' that I now of here that would be interested.

There are a couple of bands that could be used for a 'quickie' best song survivor due to modest amounts of output...mainly thinking of Nirvana(3 LPs) and Alice In Chains(3 LPs, 2EPs) here.

RHCP would be a fun one to do, but I really don't feel like going through the early draws - self-titled, Freaky Styley, Uplift Mofo Party Plan, etc. If it could start with BSSM or maybe Mother's Milk, I'd be more excited to do it.

If you anybody would rather do any of the above instead of the two poll options, let me know.

I set the poll to be infinite, btw - it will never close. It's essentially deadlocked at the moment.

PEARL JAM

:drool:

Lila64 said:
any Who fans? :shifty:

I certainly am- do not feel alone.:hi5:
I believe that a Rolling Stones survivor would be great, as I can think of no single tune that would represent a favorite to win the whole thing, with the exception perhaps of Gimme Shelter. The extensive back catalog, however, would probably require each album draw to be restricted to three or four songs, which might be problematic as well. In any case, I vote for Zeppelin in this round.

I don't know Pearl Jam's whole catalog quite well enough to do that.

11-8 Zeppelin right now.

But I just know that are a lot of people who would want RH who just haven't clicked the button yet(think Xavi, AtomicBono, etc).

Given that fact, I still say we're essentially deadlocked right now, and my gut is still leaning towards Radiohead.

Last edited:
namkcuR said:
I don't know Pearl Jam's whole catalog quite well enough to do that.

11-8 Zeppelin right now.

But I just know that are a lot of people who would want RH who just haven't clicked the button yet(think Xavi, AtomicBono, etc).

Given that fact, I still say we're essentially deadlocked right now, and my gut is still leaning towards Radiohead.

So basically the poll means jack shit all :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:

:lol:

We can vote which one of their 2 songs is the best.

They've actually got about 60-odd songs. Most are awesome.

I bet most here would struggle to name more than 6 or 7 LedZep songs.

intedomine said:
I bet most here would struggle to name more than 6 or 7 LedZep songs.

:huh:

I could grab any random person off the street over the age of 18 and I promise you at least half of them could name more than 6 or 7 Zeppelin tunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom