Pregnant women at concerts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvLady

War Child
I'm pregnant, and two bands i really wanted to see are touring at the end of the year, Jamiroquai and the Chili Peppers. I'll be about 7 months when Jamiroquai are playing and 8 months when the Chilis are.

Obviously I know I probably won't be able to stand up for two hours by then, but the idea of just sitting for the show is alright with me. My concern is more about the noise. I know the baby can be startled by loud noises, and a rock concert will certainly be loud!

Does anyone have any advice on what i should do? I can ask my doctor about it tomorrow but i thought maybe someone here could help. Have any of you gone to gigs when you were pregnant or know anyone that has?

:) :)

Well, a friend of mine and I went to a concert or two when she was pregnant. It's been several years ago, but I think one of the concerts we went to she must have been at least 7 months or so along...no adverse reactions that we know of. I guess it's still a good idea to ask your doctor. I wouldn't suggest standing next to the speakers or something, and try not to get pushed around by the crowd.

chili peppers + 8 months pregnant = probably not a good idea.

i don't know. clearly i'm not pregnant, but i don't know if i'd go to the peppers show.

ask your doctor though, definately.

I'd be also thinking about going in and leaving the venue. You dont want to be caught up in lots of pushing shoving nutbag fans. If your doc says the noise is ok, you might want to just carefully plan how you can get in and out safely, without harm.

Bono saw a pregnant woman in the GC circles in Montreal last October, had her up on stage and danced with her during Bad.

:love: :love: :love:

then he sang "Be my, be my little baby..." :love:

the picture is a little hard to see but still:

bono_dance2.jpg

and here he asked her to show him her belly, which you can see, and then he kissed it
bono_belly.jpg

um.. *looks at topic* yeah but I dont know the answer to your question- ask the doctor! It would *probably* be okay ..

oliveu2cm said:
Bono saw a pregnant woman in the GC circles in Montreal last October, had her up on stage and danced with her during Bad.
then he sang "Be my, be my little baby..." :love:

and here he asked her to show him her belly, which you can see, and then he kissed it

Not to get all PLEBA in the LS, but ....

Awwwwww.

That is so sweet.

Back
Top Bottom