Pregnancy cravings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LoveTown said:
mint aero bars are to die for. I have to cross the border to get them though. Do you know how weirdly customs officers look at a person when they ask "and what's the purpose of your visit?" and you respond with "I'm going to buy candy bars"

I'm shocked they've never checked me for dope....

aero :drool:

leaving England once the lady at the check in desk asked what was in my box :shifty: so I said candy bars, she laughed and said (joking) that I wasn't taking those out of the country :lol:

When my wife was pregnant, early, with our first child I was on a trip and came back and opened up the fridge. Inside was the largest hunk of Velveeta Cheese you've ever seen. It had 3 or so slices taken out of it and it was just laying there in the fridge.

So I say "what's up with this"? She looked at me sheepishly and said "I was out shopping and I suddenly had the craving for Velveeta, so I bought the biggest chunk I could find. Then I brought it home thinking I'd make all kinds of things with it and I had three slices of it." OK, I was thinking so this must have been earlier today, so I asked "well what are you going to make with it". She replied back "that was two days ago, I had the three slices and now whenever I look at it it makes me sick."

I just had to laugh and then I asked "honey if it made you sick, why did you leave it here all weekend?" Seems she just couldn't seem to bring herself to throw it away...she was afraid she might crave it again. Needless to say it was in the garbage that evening. :huh:

When I was pregnant with my son, I didn't get any cravings til about 4 and a half months. I craved pistachios. I would wake up and want them, so I would stop by the market every single day and buy a bag on my way to work.

I also craved pears. The green kind not the brown. The texture of the brown pears turned me off.

I also ate so many potatos (everything from baked spuds to fries to gnocchi) during my pregnancy that when my son was born, my husband commented that the top of his head smelled like a potato.

I also loved vanillla. I loved the smell probably more than eating anything flavored vanilla.

My son today loves pistachios and french fries and prefers vanilla to chocolate, but doesn't care too much for pears.

LoveTown said:
well my mom worked in a pizza place when she was pregnant with me. As a child if I so much as walked through the door of the place I would immediately vomit.

However, I love all other types of pizza.

LOL, my mom can't eat sausage pizza anymore thanks to me...when she was pregnant with me, she couldn't even go past a pizza place without getting nauseous. She can eat any other kind of pizza now, she just can't eat the sausage kind, 'cause that was the kind that really did it for her (heh, my dad remembers one night making a pizza and getting ready to eat it, and then he heard my mom getting sick. That kinda killed his appetite :p). Which is a shame for her, as she used to like sausage pizza.

My mom says that when she was pregnant with me, she would eat Lorna Doone shortbread cookies a lot. That was one of her big cravings. I don't know what some of her other cravings were right now.

Angela

the rockin edge said:

yet more confusion, rally for gender in the profile box in don't expect suggest:wink:

I second that motion! (even as a premium member, you still wonder sometimes...)

As for cravings, I don't remember having any at all. I did give up caffeine while I was pregnant and for the next 18-24 months while I was nursing. No Coca-Cola, iced tea, nothing! Then I remember my first Coke after that period of time, and boy, was that SWEET! Then I got used to it again, and I drink it daily (I'm not a coffee drinker at all).
Soif16.gif

daygloeyes2 said:

I was being sarcastic. Nothing wrong with a little self-deprecation.

And yes, despite my post count I do have a life outside of Interference. :wink:

YOU DO:ohmy: *cough*postwhore*cough:wink:

clone:love:

My mom craved pickles and now I eat those things by the jar:drool: Claussen:drool: :drool:

My friend craved lest oil. We would go to the store and she would just stand there sniffing the bottle saying she wanted to drink it. I think that usually means your lacking some important nutrient. Her son is fine, for the most part.

ILuvLarryMullen said:
when my mom was pregnant with me she would eat peanut butter straight out of the jar.
:shifty: I still do that
Doctor reccommended for blood sugar :yes:
But its been a secret...okay not so secret habit of mine since I could remember.
People actually gave me peanutbutter for a wedding gift

Back
Top Bottom