Preferred web browser?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Preferred web browser?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Netscape

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Mozilla

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Opera

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Lynx

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
IE definitely. Opera doesn't support nearly as much as IE does, not sure about Lynx or Mozilla, and of course Netscape has tons of support issues. :p

Sicy said:
I've never heard of these two. :scratch:

Mozilla is sort of a free version of Netscape (I.E. Mozilla is a nonprofit organization), but better (in my opinion). It's also open source, and one of the main browsers for Linux people such as myself. In my opinion, it's the best browser out there because of two main features: No pop-ups (impossible to go back after experiencing this) and tabbed browsing (it's kinda annoying having 3 different instances of your browser open if you are on 3 different webpages at once). They have regular bugfixes/updates, and just released version 1.1 alpha.

www.mozilla.org

I've never used Opera and don't know much about it, but I know it is a fairly popular browser and thought I should stick it on the poll. Maybe laouen can tell you why it's so great ;)

www.opera.com

(By the way, I also use Lynx/Links occasionally, just because it's fun to see what webpages look like in text mode. Interference is kinda hard to read in Lynx.)

http://lynx.browser.org
http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mikulas/links/

Used Netscape for ages, now use Mozilla, which is basically the same only a little slimmer.

Internet Explorer is awful, its for people who dont want to bother considering an alternative.

Mozilla-based browsers have the best email client too, and the personal toolbar folder rocks, oh and the toolbars dont take up half the screen.

IE is messed up on my system after a crash that happened about a year ago, so the best I can use is Opera, which isn't bad considering it's the fastest browser I've ever used. Heh, glad to see that theirs other Opera fans out there, according to the poll.

cloudimani said:
Internet Explorer is awful, its for people who dont want to bother considering an alternative.

*hehe* I know who you mean. :rolleyes: :D But I'd just say that I'm too lazy trying out something new - that sounds nicer. :D :D

another thing is glaringly omitted from IE is a "View Image" in the right-click context menu, and I think view source too...

plus Mozilla has the cool Dragon, fry Bill Gates' fat ass :)

Back
Top Bottom