Preferred way of navigation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Hey! I got a question for y'all. How do you tend to navigate between forums? Do you click on the desired forum, then the sub-forum and so on or do you go with the 'view new posts' link at the top of the home page? For instance, if you wanna get to WTAHNN from LS, do you click on 'U2 Feedback' (main page), then EYKIW, then finally WTAHNN like I do... or use the 'view new posts' link?.. or use the drop down menu??? Just curious.

I'm actually so lazy, I have a homepage that has all the forums I go to on a regular basis (also has other links for work, weather stickers, and our school's live webcam). So, Instead of scrolling to the bottom and choosing one from the list, or going back to the main forum and choosing, I click my Home button and then choose. The best part about this method is that on my homepage, you can see the forum titles, but no reference to U2, b/c my co-workers already think I'm crazy enough. We all made our own homepages b/c a lot of the functions we use have web interfaces and it's nice to have it right there on your browser and a bit easier than using bookmarks, so I just slipped in a column of Interference :D

www.calvin.edu/~lar3/home.htm

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Nice. :up:

The thing with the 'view new posts' method is... though it saves time, you end up missing out on many new posts esp. if you refresh the results page after some time. But sometimes it's soooo tedious to click on the main page and then click back into a different forum.

By the way in case anybody's wondering, I didn't post this in the Help forum cos I just wanted opinions on everybody's preferred way of surfing Interference.

I go to the main site, click on forums, then when the list of all the forums and sub forums come up I start at the top of the page and work my way down through the spots I like to visit. I always hit FYM then LS then Zoo Confessionals. I sometimes will hit Discotheque when there are new posts and sometimes I go to everything you know is wrong and sometimes Dream Out Loud.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I'm actually so lazy, I have a homepage that has all the forums I go to on a regular basis (also has other links for work, weather stickers, and our school's live webcam). So, Instead of scrolling to the bottom and choosing one from the list, or going back to the main forum and choosing, I click my Home button and then choose. The best part about this method is that on my homepage, you can see the forum titles, but no reference to U2, b/c my co-workers already think I'm crazy enough. We all made our own homepages b/c a lot of the functions we use have web interfaces and it's nice to have it right there on your browser and a bit easier than using bookmarks, so I just slipped in a column of Interference :D

www.calvin.edu/~lar3/home.htm
I noticed you used the Blue Crack background too! :D

Back
Top Bottom