Predictable UK charts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmmm

Refugee
One Million Advance Orders For Leona

As if there was any doubt X Factor winner Leona Lewis would score the Xmas number one spot, one million advance orders of her single have been taken and 50,000 copies of the download were sold within 30 minutes of going on sale on Saturday night.

Download copies of her debut track are being snapped up by fans and are soon expected to hit the 200,000 mark.

The CD version will be available in shops on Wednesday when it is expected music fans will rush out to buy copies.

Leona says: I'm just shocked. It's unbelievable. I feel like my dream has come true, the dream I've been dreaming since a little girl has come true."

"There were points I thought, 'You know what, I don't know if this is going to happen.' But with the help from my friends and my family, they all kept telling me to believe in myself and keep on doing it and I did, and now I'm here and thank you so much to them."

Am I the only one, or does this shit get on anyone else's nerves as well.
It wouldn't matter if she farted to the tune of any nursery rhyme, whatever she released is guaranteed to be a massive hit, irrelevant of whether its a good song or not, the whole scenario of that show just stinks of record company laziness, & the general publics willingness to accept anything thrown at it in the name of "entertainment." How many winners of these shows stay around for much longer than 12-18mths, can anybody remember the name of that walking advertisment for junk food who won a couple of years ago, have any of the winners ever released a song that will be remembered as a "classic," unlikely, but every year millions tune in habitually, I swear if the TV stations filmed grass growing for long enough, & put a tune to it, & lined up 4 "expert" judges to spout total bollocks about it, people would still tune in.
Elton John made a point awhile ago about these shows, and how the participants aren't ever going to become major stars due to the lack of serving an "apprenticeship," he, & many other major acts like him spent years perfecting their craft, not just of writing, but also performing LIVE, by touring & playing live, starting at the bottom(no pun Intended) & working their way to the top perfecting their acts along the way. These talent show acts are thrust straight into the studio after winning, normally have ateam of songwriters for any "original" material, & spew out & dreary rendition of an MOR "classic", then in a few months, when the publics attention span has turned to big brother, or some other "reality" show, they'll dissappear as fast as they were chucked at us, its not good enough, record companies should get out there, find genuine acts with real song writing ability, able to play live, & stop assaulting our ear drums, & insulting out intelligence with this constant stream of over rated karaoke pub singers!
Wow, that feels better!

I thoroughly agree. These acts have absolutely zero artistic credibility as they get told what sing and how to sing it. Sadly it's all for TV ratings and money. Every time Leona sings a note it's like a big fat £ sign falling out of her mouth. Shame really 'cos she's got a very good voice.

Originally posted by jimmmm It wouldn't matter if she farted to the tune of any nursery rhyme, whatever she released is guaranteed to be a massive hit,

:lmao:

Yeah I hate this stuff two. Fairs enough, the girl has real talent and is probably one of few that will actually stand the test of time. But did it need a talent show to 'discover' her. NO. It's just a cheap ploy to guarantee a number one xmas record and to make some quick money.

I used to look forward to finding out the xmas number one. Now it just bores me.

They've already got the next X Factor planned for next year, oh joy :|

There've been so many of these crappo reality tv "stars", I've forgotten most of them, and give it 10 months and I'll have forgotten Leona too. Maybe I just have a shit memory, or maybe they're all crap musicians :shrug: One of the two.

LOL at 'that walking advertisement for junk food'.

The gullible general public fall for it hook line and sinker. The worse thing is the in-house bickering between the judges. All manufactured to raise viewing figures of course.

Christmas #1 is always manipulated isn't it?

X Factor Sets New Records

According to ITV the season finale of X Factor set a new record drawing in 44% of the UK TV audience on Saturday.

The show attracted an impressive 12.6 million viewers smashing last years 9.3 million.

ITV also claim 8 million viewers cast votes by phone.

God, it makes you despair, doesn't it?
The future of music in this country doesn't look too bright does it?

Spice Girls Reunion At Diana's Concert?

Emma Bunton has said she would love to get the Spice Girls back together again for a one off performance at the Concert for Diana in July.

Emma says: "I would love to do something with the girls again. And it would be great to sing at Princess Diana's concert,"

"We were very close to doing Live8 but Mel B was working and couldn't get out of it."

Jesus Christ, it just gets worse!!!

i hate reality shows like xfactor ect. theyre shown at that point in the year where the winner releases their single in time for xmas, obv loads of people are goin to buy it therefore it takes away the "novelty" of the xmas no1.
hell, even if the winner next year relases a cover of summer holiday by clifff richard it would get xmas no1!! :| :huh:

^
Where in S Yorks?

I was speaking to STAFF at school today about X Factor and even THEY were completely taken in by it all.

I can't stand reality shows. :sad:
I know nothing about anything that's happening on any of these programmes. It's been over a year since I watched tv. I'm happy being oblivious. :drool:

Total U2 Nut said:
They've already got the next X Factor planned for next year, oh joy :|

There've been so many of these crappo reality tv "stars", I've forgotten most of them, and give it 10 months and I'll have forgotten Leona too. Maybe I just have a shit memory, or maybe they're all crap musicians :shrug: One of the two.

U2 Nut, there's nothing wrong with your memory, Its definetly the LATTER!

LEONA LEWIS
A MOMENT LIKE THIS

TAKE THAT
PATIENCE

MCFLY
SORRY'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH
GIRLS ALOUD
I THINK WE'RE ALONE NOW
CASCADA
TRULY MADLY DEEPLY
POGUES
FAIRYTALE OF NEW YORK
CLIFF RICHARD
21ST CENTURY CHRISTMAS/MOVE IT
BOOTY LUV
BOOGIE 2NITE
AKON FT EMINEM
SMACK THAT
CHRIS CORNELL
YOU KNOW MY NAME

Predictable, maybe, SAD, definetly

Wow, that looks less like a chart and more like a trainwreck.

Take That sold over 400,000 last week - I know it's Christmas and everything - but that is first week sale figures - not fourth week - huge. That's a big first week figure for the USA - let alone the UK...

Back
Top Bottom