Pranks: College, Work, whatever.... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2002, 10:36 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 05:42 AM
Pranks: College, Work, whatever....

Post your best prank here.

Here's a couple of mine.

High School:

Staged a fight with a friend of mine hoping that it would incite a riot. Didn't work too well. We were physically separated and put on detention. They didn't buy our story that we were just kidding.

College:

I was the phone prankmaster in college. I had my usual bit where I would call in the middle of the night impersonating a professor that was studying the affects of sleep apnea. After my introduction and the victims permission (I offered money) I would make them do simple math equations (times tables and the whatnot). Another favorite of mine was when a band would come to our school. After the concert, I would call numbers on campus impersonating a radio DJ and asking them to answer questions about the band (the two I did were Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds and Phish). If they got them right, I would promise them tickets to an upcoming show.

The absolute best phone prank I did spread out over many years. I was friends with members of the baseball team. So, one night after a couple of Big Bears, they decided that I should prank the coach. We knew it was going to go to voicemail (it was at night). So, I get this bit together saying that I was an agent of a player (not the most popular kid) and yelling at the coach that my client was not getting enough playing time. I emphasized that he was being recruited by major league teams and that he was going to leave the school. By the end of the phone call, I was demanding the coach to give my client some money for the tool that he stole from him (my client was a 5 tool player, the coach stole one). So anyway, this lasted from about sophmore year until about a couple of months ago when I called the coach again with the same prank (I graduated 3 years ago).

Grad School:

Nothing too crazy, but I did do the most popular prank. A buddy of mine who was the class peeon (great guy though) was the victim. I filled a garbage pail of water and leaned it on his dorm room door. Then a quick knock with an answer of the door resulted in a tidal wave of moisture funneling througout his room.

Work:

Nothing special. I just plastered WOW (from O&A fame) stickers all over everyone's cubicles after hours.

So, what are all of yours?

-Knute

[This message has been edited by Knute Rockne (edited 01-21-2002).]

Old 01-21-2002, 10:39 PM   #2
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:42 AM
I superglued a quarter to the floor and watched people try to pick it up.

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

Old 01-21-2002, 11:12 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

as a child i was with a friend at his mothers work, she was a customer service person at the ontario drivers license issuing office. so we were in back and we thought it would be hilarious to call my house(i knew nobody was home) and leave a message for my parents that megan's license was ready to be picked up(megan is our golden retriever, and oh yeah i was only 14), i left reference #'s and phone #'s and people's names that i saw around the office. my parents were so confused, they thought some records had gotten mixed up and really there license was there or megan's doggy registration came through to the motor vehicle people. it all lasted like a week and my parents still don't know me and dustin were behind it...

------------------
reflective panelling
Old 01-21-2002, 11:16 PM   #4
Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner

Local Time: 12:42 AM
This really isn't a good one, but in 6th grade my friends and I would prank call all the time for "Oliver" and eventually we found a house with an Oliver. It was really funny, but then our parents all found out and we were in trouble

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

You give your life for rock n' roll
Old 01-21-2002, 11:22 PM   #5
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Heh...I found a guy in the phone book named Clayton Mullen, and my friend and I used to prank call him. lol

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"
Old 01-21-2002, 11:35 PM   #6
the invisible woman

Local Time: 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick:
Heh...I found a guy in the phone book named Clayton Mullen, and my friend and I used to prank call him. lol

LOL Poor guy!

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(.(*. .*).)
.. *Monica*..
(.(.* *.).)
Old 01-21-2002, 11:42 PM   #7
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:42 PM
Some guy on the radio the other morning said he once bricked up his neighbour's windows.

Alcohol eh?
Old 01-21-2002, 11:57 PM   #8
I Serve Larry's Stick

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick:
I superglued a quarter to the floor and watched people try to pick it up.

HA! Great idea!

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy
Old 01-23-2002, 02:30 AM   #9
War Child

When I was in college I got opened by buddy's dorm phone with a screwdriver, and took out the spring. Whenever someone called him, he'd answer, but the phone kept ringing. Also, another time I unscrewed the two ends of the receiver and took out the speakers. He couldn't hear a damn thing.

[This message has been edited by Clark W. Griswold, Jr (edited 01-22-2002).]
Old 01-23-2002, 08:59 AM   #10
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Hahaha.. Pranks.. They're beautiful.. Here's just one of the many I've done.. The night before a Dance night in a neighboring dorm, I took ALL the shower heads from the 1st and 2nd Floor.. Dance nights mean that everyone showers, and the next day, they all had these running hose like apparati douching them in water.

L. Unplugged
Old 01-23-2002, 09:28 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:42 PM
high school..hijacked a friend from her class by holding up the teacher with water pistols

uni...

*while my dorm neighbour was out 3 girls and i made a pyramid of garbage bins in front of her door decorated with toilet paper. I should find the pic.

* at 6am on a freezing cold winter morning, we crept with a bucket of ice cold water we'd had in the freezer over a nasty girl while she was showering. We called her Poochie.It was SO worth it just to hear the scream.
The same had been done to me by someone else the week before.

*threw water and flour over the annoying kiwi boy who lived in our block/dorm.

*stole all the boys shirts and pants off the clothesline and sat in my room and sewed all the cuffs and pantlegs up. Then returned them to the clothesline. Now that was funny.

* broke into the same garbage binned friend's room and took out her 300 cds and switched every single cd into the wrong case.

Boring but fun while you're doing it.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:35 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Did I do that? Poor Nat. I wonder where she is now, she was a U2 fan. Hi Natalie if you're out there!
Old 01-23-2002, 10:25 AM   #13
Refugee

When I was a teenager I had a summer job at a day camp, and we would always play pranks on the other camp. Our camp was in a park with a small hut that held our office, nurses room, supplies, etc. The other camp was at a beach, and they had a building that held all of their water equipment, an office, nurses room etc. One morning when we came in we found honey on everything. The telephones, the lockers, etc. So this is what we did to get back at them....

We went to their camp in the middle of the night and we broke into their building. We took everything, the paperwork, the telephones, any clothes that were left there, their sports equipment, lunches from the fridge, etc, we loaded everything up into the canoe's and boats that they used to teach the kids water sports. We brought all of the oars, and every single piece of water equipment. Using rope we tied everthing together, then we rowed it all out into the middle of the lake. Swam back to shore, and went home!!

Needless to say, the prank war was over, and we had won!!!
Old 01-23-2002, 01:52 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Well this isnt THAT funny but me and my little sis left an answer on the answering machine...like this,

My sis...Hello
(then she pauses for a while so the person can say hello)

Then.... sorry you want Mr Jones..sorry, you have the wrong number

bahahaha it was funny b/c my friends woould start into conversations with a machine but the best thing was my dad foned up the phone company and shouted at these poor ppl about how they were supposed 2 ring 2 arrange getting a 2nd phone line in.....gawd he was so mad.....but the guy said i foned your number and they told me it was the wrong number

bahahahaha he was sooooooooo MAD.....needless to say me and my sis never did that again
Old 01-23-2002, 02:37 PM   #15
The Fly

Another prank that I just thought of....

My mother used to work at a Catholic Friary answering phones about 3 or four years ago. As it was getting closer to Christmas, I pranked her disguising my voice as an old, demented man:

Mom - "Good Afternoon, XXX Friary!"
Me - "Yes, hello Friary. I have an important question regarding my brand new pretty baby jesus that I bought for my nativity scene. I was wondering if I could put the baby jesus out in the crib before Christmas? He's so beautiful, and it would be a waste to have to wait until Christmas morning to display him."

Mom - "Ummm, huh, I'll have to connect you with Fr. XXX"

Me - "Just kidding, mom. Its Knute!"

Mom then hung up the phone.

Knute