Prank on Tom Cruise gone sort of bad... What do you think of his reaction?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Girl1978 said:
I'm not sure what to think of his reaction. Do you think those guys should have been arrested though?

Not sure either! It was a prank for a British TV show on celebrities. I understand why Tom would be upset but grabbing the guy's arm.

Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Tom didn't think it was funny and someone tell me when getting water in your face is assault!???

Ha ha, I posed this in the marriage thread.

I think he behaved like an ass. It's just water. For someone who likes to pretend he's Mr. Jolly, it's hilarious he reacted so badly.

AvsGirl41 said:
Ha ha, I posed this in the marriage thread.

I think he behaved like an ass. It's just water. For someone who likes to pretend he's Mr. Jolly, it's hilarious he reacted so badly.

I probably would've reacted the same way. It really was terribly rude.

Well, if I was trying to do interviews and someone just all of a sudden sprayed water at me I would be pissed too. But I don't think those people should have been arrested. :shrug:

Tom's probably used to people treating him like he's the greatest human being ever, so the water squirting must've been a real shock to him.

Yeah, that guy was rude, but there was no need to arrest him.

i'd be pissed too. it was his movie premiere. kind of disrespectful. if someone i didn't know just sprayed water in my face, i would have done more than grab their arm.

Actress Katie Holmes, who recently got engaged to Cruise, was at the premiere but not by his side at the time of the incident.

i found this to be the most shocking part of the whole incident.

mikal said:
i'd be pissed too. it was his movie premiere. kind of disrespectful. if someone i didn't know just sprayed water in my face, i would have done more than grab their arm.

yeah, i agree. if it were me i would've at least dropped an f-bomb here or there...and there...and there...oh and over there too probably.

he reacted very well, even for a weirdo.

If someone had done it to me, I would have thought it was funny. Have a sense of humor!

When I was in the receiving line at my best friend's wedding (I was the maid of honor), I started laughing at something and had my mouth wide open, and a guest purposely threw her handful of birdseed right in my mouth. She threw a bunch more directly at me. It was raining a bit too, so I was wet, which made the birdseed stick even more. It was in my hair...down my dress. I could have been pissed beyond belief...but it's better to just laugh and take it with good humor. I mean, come on, it WAS funny.

Don't have a cow, Tom.

i am officially a TC fan, now.

i am sick of the piling on.

i saw him interviewed on ET

he seems like a decent, sincere guy

his acting is pretty good

his personal life is less freakish than a lot of people

why all the hate?

lots of reporters would love an interview
these childish pranksters aren't really funny.

deep said:
i am officially a TC fan, now.

i am sick of the piling on.

i saw him interviewed on ET

he seems like a decent, sincere guy

his acting is pretty good

his personal life is less freakish than a lot of people

why all the hate?

lots of reporters would love an interview
these childish pranksters aren't really funny.

And I quoteth from the Cruise -

"When you talk about postpartum, you can take people today, women, and what you do is you use vitamins. There is a hormonal thing that is going on, scientifically, you can prove that. But when you talk about emotional, chemical imbalances in people, there is no science behind that.

"You can use vitamins to help a woman through those things."

Those are dangerous things to say.
And belonging to a religion that requires money to progress -

:down:

Sparkysgrrrl said:

"When you talk about postpartum, you can take people today, women, and what you do is you use vitamins. There is a hormonal thing that is going on, scientifically, you can prove that. But when you talk about emotional, chemical imbalances in people, there is no science behind that.

i believe as Americans

we are over prescribed

esp. children

having one voice in this direction is not dangerous

Are you sure about this?

I am sure that they are getting my tax dollars as "faith based initiatives:, I wish I could say that about what some call "main stream religions.'

I don't know any messed up Scientologists, I can't say that about others.

I think he handled himself pretty well. Imagine if they'd tried that with Russell Crowe??

I doubt he pressed charges but I think it serves them right being taken away like that. There is a basic human respect that is missing. We are beginning to treat people like we've treated lab mice let's poke them and see what they'll do. I imagine celebrities that are chased all over the world and provoked so that a photographer can get a good picture for a tabloid are getting sick of it.

deep said:

i believe as Americans

we are over prescribed

esp. children

having one voice in this direction is not dangerous

Are you sure about this?

My head will explode if I even begin to get into this lol
Telling someone with clinical depression that all they need is some vitamins.....seriously?

(And I also believed that many times meds are prescribed willy nilly, but when dealing with someone thinking of harming themselves or another person, a little Vitamin C probably ain't gonna do the trick.)

And did you mean am I sure that CoS requires you to pay money to take classes to be enightened?
Yes.

And back to the goofiness-
I think he handled himself pretty well. Imagine if they'd tried that with Russell Crowe??

DUCK!

Sparkysgrrrl said:

My head will explode if I even begin to get into this lol
Telling someone with clinical depression that all they need is some vitamins.....seriously?

(And I also believed that many times meds are prescribed willy nilly, but when dealing with someone thinking of harming themselves or another person, a little Vitamin C probably ain't gonna do the trick.)

And did you mean am I sure that CoS requires you to pay money to take classes to be enightened?
Yes.

And back to the goofiness-

DUCK!

I've seen Co$ instead of CoS which I think is funny.

If you look at forum boards of ex-scientologists they will tell you how much money they have spent on OTs, auditing and so far.

There is an excellent Time article from 1991 I believe and was the cover story. Of Course, Co$ sued and lost!

In the defence of 'British comedy', its a lot more subtle than that. This guy most definiitely was a jerk, and I applaud the way Tom Cruise dealt with the situation. Very cool, I thought.

Ant.

Sparkysgrrrl said:

Oh, I agree. I think someone should put Cruise and Shields in a room together for a while. Cruise would be nothing more than a messy grease spot on the floor. :evil:

I just wonder why anyone really cares what the hell he says though...he's just an actor, he has no medical or psychological training at all. That what he says is given credibility says more about us (meaning the public) than it does him.

indra said:

I just wonder why anyone really cares what the hell he says though...he's just an actor, he has no medical or psychological training at all. That what he says is given credibility says more about us (meaning the public) than it does him.
Yeah, but people listen to Bono too :shrug:
I can't believe how much worse media has gotten of late.
I'm glad I have the internet again so I can get ahold of actual news

If Ashton Kutcher pulls this off for Punk'd, is this even an issue? No one would be talking about the negativity, it would be "what a prank Ashton pulled today!" Since we don't know who these guys are, they are jerks. A double standard in action.

Tom Cruise has no business debating somebody else's treatment without:

a) a medical degree
b) any kind of scientific background which would permit him to make an educated statement
c) knowledge of the patient's symptoms, their hormonal levels and other endocrine tests

So he sounds like a dumbass preaching, regardless of the fact that Americans are overprescribed certain drugs.

Apart from that, if I could have just one day when I don't hear about him on the radio, don't see his mug on an online news site or on the TV, I'd be a happy woman.

Back
Top Bottom