Prank on Tom Cruise gone sort of bad... What do you think of his reaction? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-20-2005, 01:03 PM   #16
War Child
 
Sparkysgrrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: under the table and screaming
Posts: 754
Local Time: 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
i am officially a TC fan, now.


i am sick of the piling on.

i saw him interviewed on ET

he seems like a decent, sincere guy


his acting is pretty good

his personal life is less freakish than a lot of people

why all the hate?


lots of reporters would love an interview
these childish pranksters aren't really funny.
And I quoteth from the Cruise -

"When you talk about postpartum, you can take people today, women, and what you do is you use vitamins. There is a hormonal thing that is going on, scientifically, you can prove that. But when you talk about emotional, chemical imbalances in people, there is no science behind that.

"You can use vitamins to help a woman through those things."

Those are dangerous things to say.
And belonging to a religion that requires money to progress -


__________________

__________________
Sparkysgrrrl is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 01:18 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparkysgrrrl


And I quoteth from the Cruise -

"When you talk about postpartum, you can take people today, women, and what you do is you use vitamins. There is a hormonal thing that is going on, scientifically, you can prove that. But when you talk about emotional, chemical imbalances in people, there is no science behind that.

"You can use vitamins to help a woman through those things."

Those are dangerous things to say.
And belonging to a religion that requires money to progress -


i believe as Americans

we are over prescribed

esp. children

having one voice in this direction is not dangerous


Quote:
And belonging to a religion that requires money to progress -
Are you sure about this?


I am sure that they are getting my tax dollars as "faith based initiatives:, I wish I could say that about what some call "main stream religions.'

I don't know any messed up Scientologists, I can't say that about others.
__________________

__________________
deep is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 01:22 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
 
redkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: racing to the waterside
Posts: 19,620
Local Time: 01:53 PM
I think he handled himself pretty well. Imagine if they'd tried that with Russell Crowe??

I doubt he pressed charges but I think it serves them right being taken away like that. There is a basic human respect that is missing. We are beginning to treat people like we've treated lab mice let's poke them and see what they'll do. I imagine celebrities that are chased all over the world and provoked so that a photographer can get a good picture for a tabloid are getting sick of it.
__________________
redkat is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 01:30 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
randhail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Posts: 3,557
Local Time: 03:53 PM
I giggle everytime I hear about this story.
__________________
randhail is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #20
Refugee
 
-macphisto-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,401
Local Time: 08:53 PM
"it takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile"

but
Tom Cruise seems like a good guy
__________________
-macphisto- is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 01:47 PM   #21
War Child
 
Sparkysgrrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: under the table and screaming
Posts: 754
Local Time: 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep


i believe as Americans

we are over prescribed

esp. children

having one voice in this direction is not dangerous




Are you sure about this?
My head will explode if I even begin to get into this lol
Telling someone with clinical depression that all they need is some vitamins.....seriously?

(And I also believed that many times meds are prescribed willy nilly, but when dealing with someone thinking of harming themselves or another person, a little Vitamin C probably ain't gonna do the trick.)

And did you mean am I sure that CoS requires you to pay money to take classes to be enightened?
Yes.

And back to the goofiness-
Quote:
I think he handled himself pretty well. Imagine if they'd tried that with Russell Crowe??
DUCK!
__________________
Sparkysgrrrl is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 02:14 PM   #22
Refugee
 
skjuls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Learning to Bowl with Daniel Plainview
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparkysgrrrl


My head will explode if I even begin to get into this lol
Telling someone with clinical depression that all they need is some vitamins.....seriously?

(And I also believed that many times meds are prescribed willy nilly, but when dealing with someone thinking of harming themselves or another person, a little Vitamin C probably ain't gonna do the trick.)

And did you mean am I sure that CoS requires you to pay money to take classes to be enightened?
Yes.

And back to the goofiness-


DUCK!
I've seen Co$ instead of CoS which I think is funny.

If you look at forum boards of ex-scientologists they will tell you how much money they have spent on OTs, auditing and so far.

There is an excellent Time article from 1991 I believe and was the cover story. Of Course, Co$ sued and lost!
__________________
skjuls is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 02:25 PM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor
 
tiny dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: small town Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 87,270
Local Time: 08:53 PM
The guy was a jerk for doing what he did, but I think it was a bit too far to have him arrested.
__________________
Into the heart of a child...
tiny dancer is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 02:28 PM   #24
Refugee
 
skjuls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Learning to Bowl with Daniel Plainview
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by tiny dancer
The guy was a jerk for doing what he did, but I think it was a bit too far to have him arrested.
British comedy calls for a guy to squirt water into Tom Cruise's face.

Just kidding!
__________________
skjuls is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 03:30 PM   #25
Refugee
 
Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,538
Local Time: 08:53 PM
In the defence of 'British comedy', its a lot more subtle than that. This guy most definiitely was a jerk, and I applaud the way Tom Cruise dealt with the situation. Very cool, I thought.

Ant.
__________________
Razors pain you; Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you; And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful; Nooses give;
Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Anthony is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 03:57 PM   #26
Refugee
 
skjuls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Learning to Bowl with Daniel Plainview
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
In the defence of 'British comedy', its a lot more subtle than that. This guy most definiitely was a jerk, and I applaud the way Tom Cruise dealt with the situation. Very cool, I thought.

Ant.
I was kidding!

I enjoy British comedy.
__________________
skjuls is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 04:26 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparkysgrrrl


And I quoteth from the Cruise -

"When you talk about postpartum, you can take people today, women, and what you do is you use vitamins. There is a hormonal thing that is going on, scientifically, you can prove that. But when you talk about emotional, chemical imbalances in people, there is no science behind that.

"You can use vitamins to help a woman through those things."

Those are dangerous things to say.
Oh, I agree. I think someone should put Cruise and Shields in a room together for a while. Cruise would be nothing more than a messy grease spot on the floor.

I just wonder why anyone really cares what the hell he says though...he's just an actor, he has no medical or psychological training at all. That what he says is given credibility says more about us (meaning the public) than it does him.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 04:42 PM   #28
War Child
 
Sparkysgrrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: under the table and screaming
Posts: 754
Local Time: 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra

I just wonder why anyone really cares what the hell he says though...he's just an actor, he has no medical or psychological training at all. That what he says is given credibility says more about us (meaning the public) than it does him.
Yeah, but people listen to Bono too
I can't believe how much worse media has gotten of late.
I'm glad I have the internet again so I can get ahold of actual news
__________________
Sparkysgrrrl is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 05:42 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
randhail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Posts: 3,557
Local Time: 03:53 PM
If Ashton Kutcher pulls this off for Punk'd, is this even an issue? No one would be talking about the negativity, it would be "what a prank Ashton pulled today!" Since we don't know who these guys are, they are jerks. A double standard in action.
__________________
randhail is offline  
Old 06-20-2005, 05:43 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,296
Local Time: 03:53 PM
Tom Cruise has no business debating somebody else's treatment without:

a) a medical degree
b) any kind of scientific background which would permit him to make an educated statement
c) knowledge of the patient's symptoms, their hormonal levels and other endocrine tests

So he sounds like a dumbass preaching, regardless of the fact that Americans are overprescribed certain drugs.

Apart from that, if I could have just one day when I don't hear about him on the radio, don't see his mug on an online news site or on the TV, I'd be a happy woman.
__________________

__________________
anitram is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com