Powderfinger Fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
anyone here a fan of this great aussie band!!

i'm not really a huge fan i just like some of there music...however i'm tring to get tickets to one of the melbourne shows....

are there any fans on this board, and is anyone going to see them?

The only song of theirs that I know is 'My Happiness'. I'm a big fan of that song though, good stuff.

I'm not a huge fan either but they are a good band. I have heard several singles off the new album on jjj and I like them. If you have a chance to see them live I think you should go for it because I hear they put on a great live show. There used to be more powderfinger fans around these parts but I'm sure there are still a few left.

I am BM2002. Have been right from the start. They stood out from the crowd way back then....imho.
Back when there was speculation about U2 bringing the "elevation" tour to Oz, we had a poll here about who should be the Australian opening act. We had a little campaign titled"Give Us The 'finger"
:D
so yes, there were more Aussie Powderfinger fans back then. They were part of the exodus to U2page.com.
I would LOVE to be in Brisbane for the up-coming concert...they are playing with John Butler Trio, another great band. My "daughter-in-law"( the one who went to Matchbox20 recently) wants to go. It is her birthday that day and I can't afford to take her:( I think it is sold out anyway.
Did you hear the debut of 'Vulture Street" on JJJ a few months ago? The interview was great. I Love Bernard...he reminds me of Bowie:heart:delicate and strident at the same time.

i've put off replying cos i couldn't remember that 'my happiness' was called that.

like mofo, that's the only song i know. but i like it.

cass said:
I am BM2002. Have been right from the start. They stood out from the crowd way back then....imho.
Back when there was speculation about U2 bringing the "elevation" tour to Oz, we had a poll here about who should be the Australian opening act. We had a little campaign titled"Give Us The 'finger"
:D
so yes, there were more Aussie Powderfinger fans back then. They were part of the exodus to U2page.com.
I would LOVE to be in Brisbane for the up-coming concert...they are playing with John Butler Trio, another great band. My "daughter-in-law"( the one who went to Matchbox20 recently) wants to go. It is her birthday that day and I can't afford to take her:( I think it is sold out anyway.
Did you hear the debut of 'Vulture Street" on JJJ a few months ago? The interview was great. I Love Bernard...he reminds me of Bowie:heart:delicate and strident at the same time.

i've managed to grab 2 tickets to the 2nd show in melbourne
i honeslty dont know many of there songs, execpt there singles....
oh well it was really the same when i first saw u2 (boston show on tv) i didnt really know many of the songs, but was hooked after the show
bad luck for your daughter in law......maybe i will send you a copy of the show *wink wink* :lol:
bring on December 7th!!

bono_man2002 said:

bad luck for your daughter in law......maybe i will send you a copy of the show *wink wink* :lol:

what you winking and laughing at willis?

I really don't mind that you didn't send the bootleg. My girl works way too hard and too long hours. She comes home exhausted and hasn't even thought about what may have become of a Matchbox 20 bootleg I mentioned. She's wonderful.:heart:

I came back to say "strident" is not the word I was searching for. I just can't think of the correct one, something less, but still powerful. I need me a thesaurus.

delicate sound of thunder

POWDERFINGER:up:
The first song I ever heard Bourbon Street play was "Like A Hurricane" and then "powderfinger" :heart: Unforgettable!!

I was too exhausted to stay awake and watch the ARIA awards on TV the other night. I'm so glad Powderfinger won :)
:up: :up:

"whatever makes you happy"

I stumbled upon a Powderfinger film clip I hadn't seen before this morning."Love Your Way"
It made me think of ABEL. I hope she sees it and likes it. It looks as though they got access to "The Matrix" set .
Thanks anyway BM2002 ,just enjoy the show, I'm happy as Larry with the music I have now.
I've got the urge to go searching for a nice Bernard pic and put it here...but I suppose that is more for PLE-Bernard-A orientated activity.

whatever makes you happy :)

I'm glad they repeated the ARIA Awards yesterday. I enjoyed the whole show, but especially the bits with Powderfinger:up: I was hoping to catch a glimpse of Mrs Powderfinger/Fanning, but Bernard had a swig on his champagne rather than kiss the missus when they received their first award. He didn't forget the next time though...they just about fell on the floor in their joy:D:heart:
I'm glad he mentioned the roadies:up:...methane and all...such Aussie boys:up:

song recommendations Campbell?
I always like the sweet sad ones...so maybe don't ask me.
Rockin' Rocks though.They have lotsa moods in their music:up:

I hope I won lotto this week and can go see them in Brisbane....now THAT would make me happy:)

I have their "Internationalist" album
(I think that's what it's called :shifty: )
because a dear friend send it to me

very good :up:

but not much chance of that...'cause I don't buy lotto tickets.

A rather personal question, maybe he never made it public. Does anyone know how Bernard's brother died? Accident or illness?

I listened to the "Home and Hosed" tape again yesterday, the introduction of the "Vulture Street" album. I think they are witty and astute people as well as good musicians.Bernard described the new album as"ballsy rock, with a lot of hip shaking and some dressed to kill thrown in there" :)

some of the older songs I like -
The Day You Come
Like A Dog
Saving Grace
My Kind of Scene
Whatever Makes You Happy

I watched some of a Neil Young concert in Berlin I have on tape. Gosh it is good. He really has influenced a LOT of people:up:
One quote in it I love..
"anyone having a good time out there?"
the huge crowd erupts as one**whistles and screams**
pause while Neil sits at piano and adjusts harmonica
"good...well that makes two of us"**wry smile**
:)

NEIL YOUNG:heart:
POWDERFINGER:heart:

Oi U2...give us the finger!!

:lmao:

Attachments

• the finger.jpg