Poutine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonochick said:
Well, Chris Martin called me up and was crying because he felt that trivial food discussions were detrimental to the message he is trying to convey with his music, and he begged me to remove any association of poutine with Coldplay. I told him no, but then he put Gwyneth on, and I can't say no to Gwyneth.

That still doesn't explain the Make Poutine Fair bumper sticker on my car though.

:lmao:

When you put it that way...

PlaTheGreat said:
8476188_0073203a95.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

picture_check.jpg

:combust:

see, those look as if they might actually taste good.

IWasBored said:

see, those look as if they might actually taste good.

[hypocrite]

They look like fossilised worms covered in salt.

[/hypocrite]

:wink:

Yikes. :crazy:

If I knew poutine would do that to my ears, I would have said 'non, monsieur' years ago.

I had a joke about saggy old man-pecks lined up, but then I couldn't find any pictures of Ric Flair or Hulk Hogan.

So instead... I bring you my warning: excessive apple consumption causes uncontrollable chest twitching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxw6hHXliFY

RavenBlue said:
I am a poutine connoisseur. I have had it from Burger King to KFC, to even italian poutine. The Zellers Diner makes a great poutine and sometimes Pizza Delight puts mushrooms in theirs :drool: McDonalds even had poutine for awhile, but they seem to have gotten rid of it.

Artery Clogging Goodness :D

I am saddened, horrifed, annoyed....that no one has mentioned Harveys poutine...it was the first type of poutine I had when I moved to Canada....and love at first bite!! I had the real thing in Quebec last fall though....mmmmmmmmmmmmm:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Heh, according to Wikipedia, the Americans have their own version - Disco fries (which seem to be the same thing, except you put the gravy on before the cheese).

I'd never heard of either before, but since we have chips, cheese and gravy powder, I may experiment tonight :hmm:

snowbunny00774 said:

I am saddened, horrifed, annoyed....that no one has mentioned Harveys poutine...it was the first type of poutine I had when I moved to Canada....and love at first bite!! I had the real thing in Quebec last fall though....mmmmmmmmmmmmm:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ah I forgot about Harvey's poutine! Yes, it is indeed very good. I find Harvey's is a place that is overlooked alot when it is really a nice little restaurant :drool: :yes:

beau2ifulday said:
Heh, according to Wikipedia, the Americans have their own version - Disco fries (which seem to be the same thing, except you put the gravy on before the cheese).

Well see, now that's just crazy. :grumpy: Why on earth would you put the gravy on before the cheese? That's like sandwiching a bun between two hamburger patties!

RavenBlue said:

Ah I forgot about Harvey's poutine! Yes, it is indeed very good. I find Harvey's is a place that is overlooked alot when it is really a nice little restaurant :drool: :yes:

Thanks raven...I feel better now....I thought there was something wrong with my tastebuds!!

GibsonGirl said:

Well see, now that's just crazy. :grumpy: Why on earth would you put the gravy on before the cheese? That's like sandwiching a bun between two hamburger patties!

Wikipedia is wrong.

Cheese first.

Cheese curd on top of gravy? That's retarded. You need the gravy on top of the curd to melt it in with the fries.

/\ /\ two different pronunciations my friend...

Putin - Pooh - tin

Poutine - Pooh - teen

That guy probably wouldn't taste too good either (probably vodka flavoured) even if he was soaked in gravy...

btw, IMO gravy makes everything better and cheese is one of the greatest inventions made by man. The combination is pure genius and on fries? Sweet.

When I went to Montreal, I found it funny they sold cheese curds in the Wal-Mart there... And not just in the cooler section but right next to the cash in the impulsive buy section with the gum and batteries and razor blades.. Now that's hard core.

Ketchup should only go on the new Nichols' fries because they're thin cut and suck. Their smoke meat is still okay though.

Does anyone like Schwartz? Best smoke meat evar.

Back
Top Bottom