Poutine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
finaly back on the REAL topic. Why must people ruin a perfectly good thread with their poutine trash talking. Come on if i wanted to talk about poutine i would go to a food forum and write there but obviusly i started this threatd with the intention of talking about coldplay! If you don't like it go eat poutine somewhere else :madspit:

dabiggestu2fan said:
finaly back on the REAL topic. Why must people ruin a perfectly good thread with their poutine trash talking. Come on if i wanted to talk about poutine i would go to a food forum and write there but obviusly i started this threatd with the intention of talking about coldplay! If you don't like it go eat poutine somewhere else :madspit:

thread_hijacked.jpg

VintagePunk said:
Rick Mercer. :love:

Who here hasn't crossed Peter Mans Bridge, or left their elderly to die on an ice floe? :happy:

heheh Rick Mercer is somewhat remotely related to me. Well turns out that my sister's husbond is rick mercers cousin :) anyways back to0 the topic of coldplay!

dabiggestu2fan said:
If you don't like it go eat poutine somewhere else :madspit:

No.

Actually, just to get it out of the way, you want to hear what I think about Coldplay? I don't hate them because their guitarist sounds like he wanks to The Unforgettable Fire every night. I hate them because I think they're one of the blandest, most average bands to grace this earth. The song structures are predictable. The lyrics are mind-numbingly lame. None of that has anything to do with U2 (except for the mind-numbingly lame lyrics part.)

I think it's stupid when people bash a band ONLY because they sound a bit derivative of someone else. If everyone hated bands because they sounded like their influences, there would only be a handful of bands out there that people could actually like. Now, I admit, I've accused Coldplay of ripping off U2 before because some of it is very blatant. That's nowhere near my main reason for disliking them, though. If you're going to criticise them, do so for the right reasons.

That's not directed at you, as you seem to like the band. But still, I needed to say it.

Now, back to fantastic Quebec cuisine. We have a take-out on campus that makes a mean poutine out of wedgie fries. It's to die for. Mean Poutine... That sounds like a lame band name. :drool:

xaviMF22 said:
107.gif
I should really try this "poutine" do they even have it here in the US?

I think there might be a few spots near the Canada/US border that serve poutine. You could try asking a local place to make you one! You can still have a good poutine with some grated cheese and any old gravy on top. It won't taste the same, but it's still pretty good.

Oh.. so that's why I've never heard of this poutine stuff! It's a canadian thing! Hmm, maybe I'll try it the next time I visit the crazy land of 'Canadia' :wink: and maybe I'll happen to be listening to Coldplay at that moment...

phew! almost missed the real topic there! :shifty:

GibsonGirl said:

I think there might be a few spots near the Canada/US border that serve poutine. You could try asking a local place to make you one! You can still have a good poutine with some grated cheese and any old gravy on top. It won't taste the same, but it's still pretty good.

Thanx, I might just try and make my own poutine:wink:

xaviMF22 said:

Thanx, I might just try and make my own poutine:wink:

:applaud:

If you do give it a go, make sure you use the light-coloured cheese. Can't remember the name as I'm not that much of a cheese expert, but it's pale. Definitely don't use a dark cheese like cheddar. And you want to make sure that the gravy is hot, but not so hot that it melts the cheese all the way. 95% melted is usually the best. :drool: And, for me at least, the crispier the fries, the better.

This thread was split from a Coldplay thread that was severely derailed...just in case somebody reading this is confused by some of the replies.

I am a poutine connoisseur. I have had it from Burger King to KFC, to even italian poutine. The Zellers Diner makes a great poutine and sometimes Pizza Delight puts mushrooms in theirs :drool: McDonalds even had poutine for awhile, but they seem to have gotten rid of it.

Artery Clogging Goodness :D

But...poutine made the five billionth Coldplay vs U2 thread so much better. Now this is just another food appreciation thread. :( Oh well, continue the poutine love. RavenBlue, Pizza Delight's poutine is great. The mushrooms are a nice touch. I always ask for them. :drool:

GibsonGirl said:
But...poutine made the five billionth Coldplay vs U2 thread so much better.
i thought it was a poutine vs. coldplay thread.

i must have missed something.

lmjhitman said:

i thought it was a poutine vs. coldplay thread.

i must have missed something.

Now that you mention it, yeah. I hoped that talking about Quebec's best export since Guy Lafleur would distract people from the horror of another Coldplay discussion. This whole topic is worthless now. I can't believe it. It looks like I made a lame food appreciation thread.

:sad:

I rate myself and "my" thread one star.

Well, Chris Martin called me up and was crying because he felt that trivial food discussions were detrimental to the message he is trying to convey with his music, and he begged me to remove any association of poutine with Coldplay. I told him no, but then he put Gwyneth on, and I can't say no to Gwyneth.

That still doesn't explain the Make Poutine Fair bumper sticker on my car though.

Back
Top Bottom