Post your random thoughts here! - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2001, 12:16 PM   #91
War Child

Local Time: 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Like O2:
4. And it's getting worse by the moment.

Sorry to hear that! Hope your feeling better from when I briefly talked to you yesterday. Take care!

Old 10-08-2001, 02:46 AM   #92
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:39 PM
-That small area on the side of the neck, before it meets the jawline, is incredible.

-Making true and passionate love is one of the most incredible experiences in life

-Falling asleep with your arms around someone you love is another incredible experience in life

-I just had the most amazing weekend (see above )

-I'm in love....I'm a believer...

------------------
Slow down my beating heart

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 10-07-2001).]

Old 10-08-2001, 09:33 PM   #93
The Fly

Local Time: 04:39 AM
I'm sitting in my bedroom in my apartment with the window open. It was overcast most of the day and has been raining on and off. I'm on the 3rd floor, and a cool breeze is blowing in. It is overcast now, and about an hour ago, a beautiful light was coming through the window onto the bed and the wall, casting soft shadows. There were a lot of sparrows singing in the trees outside and I was listening to the 3rd song off of the first disc of Selected Ambient Works Volume 2 by Aphex Twin (one of my favorite songs). I can feel all of today's passionate endeavors settling around me now in lazy eddies of low light and discreet sound, slipping calmly through the spaces between the notes. Every stimulus is a fuzzy road leading to the hidden settlements in my room that cling to those soft shadows like benevolent mushrooms on a tree. Any second now, I expect to see a few small ships loaded down with exotic perfume and flowers from those low, dark clouds slowly and silently falling through my window and into my room, to gradually merge with the shadows on the floor, leaving me wishing I had someone here to share this feeling with.

I am lucky that I have had someone in the past to share a few of those moments with.

I am happy for Diemen.

My stream of consciousness failed to uncover some key details that would have helped make my above description much better, but I worry too much about those kinds of things... so nyeh!

I am jealous of Scatteroflight who is getting paid to write about reptiles.

[This message has been edited by travu2 (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old 10-08-2001, 11:13 PM   #94
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by travu2:

I am jealous of Scatteroflight who is getting paid to write about reptiles.

Don't be. It's at a grade 3 level. Check out this sample:

Certain things make reptiles different from other living creatures. They have dry skin with no hair. They usually have scales all over their bodies. Like many other kinds of animals, they are vertebrates. This means that they have backbones. Some reptiles can live in the water. Most of them live mainly on land. They breathe air using their lungs. They are also cold-blooded animals. This means that their body heat comes from the temperature of the place where they live. Most kinds of reptiles walk on four legs. Snakes do not have legs.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Apparently grade 3s need it this simple...

Now I'm writing about astronomy. Another topic I don't know a whole lot about. I feel like a fraud.

------------------
Be a world, child, form a circle
Before we all go under
Old 10-08-2001, 11:17 PM   #95
Refugee

Oh yeah...after tonight, I am pretty sure that a guy I met recently and who I am likely to see quite a lot of in the future likes me. And if that's the case, I'm happy about it, but I'm also freaking out. I don't know why I always freak out when a guy seems to like me. I'm working on figuring that out. (Not that it's really happened all that many times.)

Old 10-09-2001, 12:34 AM   #96
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by scatteroflight:
Don't be. It's at a grade 3 level. Check out this sample:

Certain things make reptiles different from other living creatures. They have dry skin with no hair. They usually have scales all over their bodies. Like many other kinds of animals, they are vertebrates. This means that they have backbones. Some reptiles can live in the water. Most of them live mainly on land. They breathe air using their lungs. They are also cold-blooded animals. This means that their body heat comes from the temperature of the place where they live. Most kinds of reptiles walk on four legs. Snakes do not have legs.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Apparently grade 3s need it this simple...

Yeah, I guess that's not very challenging, is it? Still, it sounds like a fun job. It must also be nice to know that you may ignite the spark that begins the career of some budding scientist.

Quote:

Now I'm writing about astronomy. Another topic I don't know a whole lot about. I feel like a fraud.

he he.. There's no reason to feel like a fraud! I mean, these are simple facts that you are definitely qualified to write about.

- I went jogging yesterday evening for the first time in a while, and it felt really good. I began and ended my jog at a parking lot. When I finished, I walked around the rather large lot and was pleasantly surprised by a few nighthawks flying very low around the lights. I wrote a paper about them for an ornithology class I took a couple of years ago. They are so beautiful and mysterious.

- I also found a baby king snake last night in the same parking lot. I love snakes, and especially king snakes, so that was very cool.

[This message has been edited by travu2 (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 03:36 AM   #97
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

-I received the greatest compliment today that anyone has ever given me - I made someone happier than they have ever been before.

It doesn't get much better than that. *sigh*
Old 10-13-2001, 07:41 AM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:39 AM
[*] System Of A Down is a great band![*] This morning I had a discussion with two Jehova's witnesses. Nice people [*] Shall I call her?
Old 10-13-2001, 08:11 AM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:39 PM
* My Tae Bow punches are getting really strong. I'm so tuff I could kick box a cushion across the lounge room. Look out, Sporty Spice.

* Today, in my suitcase, I discovered some little gifts I'd bought my Mum and my sister in teeny little Assisi whilst travelling. Id forgotten they were there.

*I feel physically ill about going back to restart a job I hate on Monday.

*I love my bedroom. I have things from all over the place and little nick nacks that make it a very special abode. Above my iron bed is a lilac shimmery material that hangs and soothes me to sleep.
I have ivy on the walls and a Commedia Delarte mask I bought in Venice sits next to a tiny print of a Georgian Door I picked up in Kinsale, Ireland.
But they are just as cool as this shooter glass I stole from a dinky pub in a country town in my state, called Wagga Wagga.
The pub is called The Muddy Duck.

* I keep trying so hard to go forward, but something keeps pulling me back. If I just knew what that was...
Old 10-13-2001, 08:12 AM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:39 PM
p.s. Dr Toothy...call her
Old 10-13-2001, 10:17 AM   #101
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:39 PM
- I got the 100th reply of this thread!!!
- What should I wear in the school Halloween party??
- A lot of homework this week... Damn mathematics!
Old 10-13-2001, 02:20 PM   #102
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth:
[*] System Of A Down is a great band![*] This morning I had a discussion with two Jehova's witnesses. Nice people [*] Shall I call her?
-I'm a Jehovah's Witness. I should be out and about this morning. But I'm not, because I was exhausted this week and I have a lot of writing work to do at home. So what am I doing? Posting here. Glad you had a good conversation!

-Go ahead, call her.

-I really have to go to Europe next year.

-I'm going to the opera tonight! La Traviata. I've never been to a real opera before.

-I think he views Sting as competition. That suggests to me that he does like me.

------------------
Be a world, child, form a circle
Before we all go under
Old 10-13-2001, 02:48 PM   #103
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

-I received my prop tickets yesterday . Nov 12th is going to be one of the greatest nights of my life (although Oct. 6th will be VERY hard to beat).

-I really wish I had a car

-I'd rather be in southern California right now

-I have use of a car all day today, and I'm actually considering just lounging around the house the entire day.

-I have a friend who flaked out on coming to visit me today, and I probably wouldn't have even known if I hadn't called her yesterday evening. I should've expected it.

-Overall, life is very good right now.
Old 10-13-2001, 06:10 PM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:39 PM
* I can't believe there's over a hundred posts to this thread

* I can't believe I read through all 100something posts in this thread

* I have a headache now due to the voices in my head

* So long, goodbye, thank you and goodnight.
Old 10-14-2001, 03:25 AM   #105
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:39 PM
-I have wet hair right now from the shower, and I know if I don't do anything with it soon it's gonna look like shit

-I had my first pedicure today, now I think I'm going to have to have one every few weeks. (They're so relaxing!)

-I feel so much better today.

-I'm going to drink vodka tonight and watch U2 videos with friends in my honor (they are offering, not forced like usual! hehe).

-Elevation is in 2 days!!!!

-I am trying not to think about the suspension too much. Blargh.

-Or flying tomorrow.

------------------
I know your garden's full
But is there sweetness at all?

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

[This message has been edited by LarryMullen's_POPAngel (edited 10-13-2001).]