Post your posters!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
The other day, I felt like putting up some of my posters. The walls looked too bare so I went all out!

myposterwall.jpg

myposterwall004.jpg

myposterwall003.jpg

myposterwall002.jpg

myposterwall001.jpg

That lighthouse themed calendar that you see with the beer poster is the only thing I'd had up all year, so I dug out everything I own and found a place for it. :lol: Also, I'm not really religious but I like that last one of Krishna and Radha. I think the only ones I'm missing now are 2 mini ones (like 9x12 or something) of Floyd's Pulse album cover and Zep's Hermit pic from Stairway.

Go ahead, post your posters! :drool:

Sicy said:

I love those! :love:

Sicy said:

Wow I have that exact same door for my closet too! :lol: Lovely poster by the way!

Sicy said:
God, you'd think I was like.. 12 :reject:

:lol: I was actually thinking about this when I put them all up. Is one ever too old for posters? I hadn't put them up in several months, in some cases several years... so I was wondering. :shifty:

Awww Sicy, I like your room! I wish mine looked more like it :)

I took pictures of my room when I rearranged it a couple of weeks ago, they're kinda small, but you can see all my posters in them:

reroom1.jpg

Giant U2 Elevation poster and Beatles A Hard Day's Night poster.

reroom2.jpg

Linkin Park poster, and my U2 collage (I killed so many of my brother's issues of Rolling Stone to make that :lol: )

reroom3.jpg

The collage again, and my LoveBugs poster, a bit cut off. It's a bunch of different coloured beetles, forming a heart and the word "LOVE" I didn't even realize that all was there until after I bought it and hung it up. I thought they were just random beetles!

reroom4.jpg

The other end of the poster.
reroom5.jpg

My Alice in Wonderland "We're All Mad Here" poster (I freaking love that thing) and my Peace sign poster, which I have had for at least 10 years, and has always been on my closet door, no matter where I live.

reroom6.jpg

Harry Potter :nerd: Also behind my fan there is a mirror, which is now hanging on the wall where that empty spot is.

I used to have a collage with a bunch of photos of different celebrities on it, but I never put it back up since I moved.

And I also have this vintage print in the hallway right outside my door:

parapluieal2.jpg

Zoots, I used to have that Beatles poster! I loved it. No idea what happened to it.

I feel like I should have frames around my poster, to make my apartment feel a little less dorm room, a little more grown up, but jeez, it's so expensive to have stuff framed. And I got sick of having bare walls, so I threw a few of them up.

I have LOADS of posters rolled up and sitting in the back of my closet, some REM, U2, Beatles stuff and a few movie posters.

I'll take pictures and post them in a bit.

I don't have a digital camera on me, but I can just tell you guys which I currently have up.

My only non-movie related one is the famous Bono is Macphisto poster.

Other than that I have:

Mr. Blonde of "Reservoir Dogs"
"Punch-Drunk Love"
Original teaser poster for "There Will Be Blood"
"Lawrence of Arabia"
"Blade Runner: Director's Cut"
"Once Upon A Time In America"
"The Darjeeling Limited"
"Terminator 2"
"The Abyss"

Chass, nice posters! And nice use of links. :love: Btw, you didn't comment on "alien king" there. :lol:

Cori, that's a great idea! Framing! :ohmy: Make it look less like a dorm room, true! :lol: I look forward to you putting your stuff up and taking pics. :drool:

Lance, I'd like to see your T2 one. :drool:

Zootlesque said:
Btw, you didn't comment on "alien king" there. :lol:
My gay alien buddy has been with me since the summer of 2001. I bought him at a festival and had quite a time getting his inflated self home in the backseat of my parents' Mustang with myself and my cousin. It was crowded, to say the least.

He aquired the black feather boa in 2004 when I bought it and discovered it was so cheaply made that all the feathers kept falling out, and so I'd never be able to wear it myself. The obvious solution was to give it to him.

The Burger King crown is a very recent addition. I used to have it on top of my bookshelf, but then realized how it should obviously be on my gay alien buddy's head.

He's a very good gay alien buddy, and I keep him near my bedroom door so he can guard me in case anyone wishes to do me harm :heart:

Is that enough commentary? :wink:

Ugh ... don't mind me, move along, nothing to see here. I'm having issues posting correctly today.

:reject:

Last edited:
This is the one actual piece of framed artwork I have in my apartment; it was a gift from a friend and looks really nice against the red wall in the apartment. Please excuse the glare, as I was just too lazy to close the blinds.

1860521968_2f28395035.jpg

These three are in my bedroom:

1860507866_940666cec5.jpg

1859675563_e09a4660d4.jpg

1860496164_a44f5fa027.jpg

And in my living room:

1859662585_fa22b79bd1_m.jpg

1860480598_012217d7a1.jpg

1860474120_32c8c4ffdc.jpg

And finally, this is hanging on the back of my bedroom door. Which is always open, so I never have to see it. One of our printing vendors at work blew up this infamous picture to poster-size and gave it to me. I didn't have the heart to toss it, but I couldn't stand the thought of staring at such a large picture of myself all day, either:

1860514952_52cbdebbff.jpg

Nice!!! That first one does look very nice on the red wall. I like the second one too. Btw, when and where did you meet Bono?

Mine (ours) are all packaged up in the garage....our INTENTIONS are to decorate the garage with them...some day. :D

We have a framed Tom McRae poster in our dining room
61AEFPV6FWL._SS500_.jpg
, a penguin picture in our guest room, a painting I really don't like in our sitting room, and a piece of aboriginal art at the top of the stairs, but otherwise, our walls are completely bare. :sad: I don't want to put anything unframed on our walls, and I don't like mass-produced art (unless it involves penguins...), so our house is really undecorated.

I have awesome posters.

poster1.jpg

poster2.jpg

poster3.jpg

(Damn you, camera flash, you ruined it!)

poster4.jpg

(Grr, I hate that shelf. Go away shelf, I don't really need you but I put stuff on you to make you seem like you have a purpose)

poster5.jpg

Damn! As much of a Gilmour fan I am, that Waters poster is really impressive! :drool: They're all beautiful!

Animals :love:

Here are the posters/framed pictures in my room :)

This is my Beatles poster :D
MaddysBeatlesPoster.jpg

No caption needed here...
Vitameatavegimin.jpg

Scrumdidlyumptious!! (notice my RED candle and Dodger Rally Monkey :wink: )
Scrumdidlyumptious.jpg

This is one corner of my room (that pole is my lamp...) I got the profile picture at Disneyland.
MaddysFramesBehindLamp.jpg

Zootlesque said:
Damn! As much of a Gilmour fan I am, that Waters poster is really impressive! :drool: They're all beautiful!

Animals :love:

I know, I should have bought more posters when I was at the show... There was a choice of three at ten bucks each, which is a bargain considering what one normally pays for posters. One of them looked identical to the lithograph that cost an arm and a leg, only minus the signature:

97456.jpg

The video artwork for Speak To Me. :drool:

I have 13 different PopMart posters (three are 3x5, one is 4x6, and the rest are 2x3), the 3x5 Joshua Tree poster, 3x5 Elevation poster (airport pic), a 2x3 Elevation Bono poster, and the 2x3 poster with all the album covers. I think there are three or four or the PopMart posters framed and hanging in Phil's computer room. The huge JT poster is going in there as well when I can figure out the best way to hang it. The other posters are in storage. The rest of the house is decorated for real, so instead of posters I have tons of framed photography, decorative cloth from Africa, wooden masks from Ghana, and a few nice mirrors on the wall.

Back
Top Bottom