Post your posters!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread makes me want to bust out all my rolled-up posters and slap them all up on my walls.

It's such a pain in the ass trying to flatten out the posters before hanging them, though. I used to spread them out all over the floor and weigh down the corners with books, or I'd just roll them up in the opposite direction, but would inevitably bend or rip the edges trying to roll them the other way.

A lot of my posters are all beat to hell. :(

I wonder if I still have my Singin' In the Rain movie poster? :hmm:

corianderstem said:
It's such a pain in the ass trying to flatten out the posters before hanging them, though. I used to spread them out all over the floor and weigh down the corners with books, or I'd just roll them up in the opposite direction, but would inevitably bend or rip the edges trying to roll them the other way.

I flattened some of my old posters for a week before I put them up! That was partly cos I wanted to make sure they were flat and partly cos I was just procrastinating! :lol:

I've had some of them laminated at Kinkos... a little expensive but for the older ones I wanted to preserve it was worth it. There is a catch though... It's sort of a gamble... you have to sign a release saying every once in a while they do f**k up and ruin the poster. I've had mostly good luck though... they look beautiful when finished, but I did have one go bad... it was a heavier paper tho... heavier than normal posters so maybe that was why... I was pretty disappointed because I've never seen another one like it... I still hung it up even with the wrinkles (it's the small ATYCLB poster under the bw Vertigo era poster on the door) Oh well! They did a great job with the Lovetown, Rattle & Hum and Pop posters though!

meegannie said:
What is that pink and blue thing? :love:
it's one of my stuffed animals (i don't have a lot, i swear!) i think it's a tiger. it looks kinda weird here cuz i was holding it from behind and for some reason the whole picture has a bluish tint.

tigertigerqp1.jpg

Too lazy to post pictures, but I have the following (all framed):

- Achtung Baby large promo poster in my living room
- Imagine memorial at Strawberry Fields also in living room
- four small vintage prints of NYC in my dining room
- a small print of Breakfast at Tiffany's in my hallway
- a picture of Edge I took from the San Jose Vertigo show

I tore down all my posters when I was about 16 because I decided I'd grown out of them. The only one I'd consider putting up ever again is of this photo - it's the only U2 thing I've ever had up on me walls.

Then, last year after a trip to Canberra and the Eagles '06 Premiership (seems so long ago now :() I cut out all these photos from the Sports sections in newspapers I bought from the Melbourne airport. I still have heaps of them hanging around my bed.

Was inspired, so I put this stuff up too:
- a print of Edvard Munch's The Scream, which I've had since I was 14.
- one Australian WW1 propaganda poster
- one French WW1 propaganda poster
- a couple of dream catchers (one has an image of Nez Perce Chief Joseph, the other shows a silhouette based off the End of the Trail. Think the cover of Surf's Up by the Beach Boys).
- some marble relief of Zeus I bought at Cheap as Chips.
- print outs of the album covers of Trompe le Monde and Bossanova by the Pixies.
- a replica of a Greek plate with a scene depicting Dionysos hanging above my mirror.

Oh, and a French promotional poster of Casablanca on my door.

If I had the money and the knowing of where to get more fairly cheap copies of WW1 or WW2 era posters, I would fill my room with them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom