Post Your Holiday Gifts Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
some of you guys made out like bandits :ohmy: And gave a lot too!!!

Can I be on your list next year :flirt:

Yeah, apparently, there are too many kids and too few adults in my gift circle, so yeah, me too? :wink:

The best gift ever:

PC220059.jpg

A trip to Hawaii with my family and a bunch of friends. :love:

I gave small gifts to my family, and brought back some Hawaiian goodies for my friends.

ThoraSEB said:
The best gift ever:

PC220059.jpg

A trip to Hawaii with my family and a bunch of friends. :love:

I gave small gifts to my family, and brought back some Hawaiian goodies for my friends.

Waikiki oh how relaxing it was back in July.

My best [and worst]present was a CD from my aunt. She knows I have 2 kitties so she bought me ......Songs of the Cat......:yes:
It has covers of Mozart etc. but with kitty lyrics,
eg. 'Have I got a cat for you, Her name is Charity, She's a gift from me to you, yes, she's neutered too."
I guess I could rest my hot bowl of porridge on it in the mornings.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

- Vera Wang Princess perfume gift set

:drool:

That's a really good fume and the bottle is very pretty.

cinnaminson :hug:

My sister sent my birthday present 2 days early-a gift certificate for a half day spa visit at a really nice tropical spa downtown! I can't wait to have a spa day now!!!

Bonochick said:

~$12 worth of of lottery tickets (I won $11)

I cashed my tickets in today, and I was wrong. One of my $2 tickets that I thought I won $5 on was actually a $50 winner, so I got $56 total. :hyper: That was a nice surprise! :D

OMG...my boyfriend...he of no fish who wouldn't even let me get a betta, despite several requests over months and months...got me THIS for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

Aquarium.jpg

Aquarium2.jpg

:hyper:

Nice new fish digs! Is that glass or acrylic? What are you going to put in there? Phil's house used to have 18 different aquariums, so I probably know way more than I care to about freshwater fish.

It's glass. It's going to be a freshwater tank, but I don't know what fish we'll start out with. The guy at the fish store gave us lots of suggestions for starting out and building a good tank...I might just get a few Tetras to start with, but I'm not sure yet. :hmm: I wish all of my decisions were this fun! :laugh:

-clothes(pj's, robe, slippers)
-Ugg boots(it was an early Christmas gift from the beginning of the month)
-U2 by U2
-Blackadder collection
-Little Miss Sunshine DVD
-Blue BO(RED) shirt from the Gap
-Various little pieces of jewelery.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I love your avatar, btw. :cute:

Thanks--it's my little Cooper. The lone dog living among seven cats! I guess I should change it since xmas is over now...

Bonochick said:
It's glass. It's going to be a freshwater tank, but I don't know what fish we'll start out with. The guy at the fish store gave us lots of suggestions for starting out and building a good tank...I might just get a few Tetras to start with, but I'm not sure yet. :hmm: I wish all of my decisions were this fun! :laugh:

Tetras are great b/c they're relatively cheap and you can get tons of varieties. I recommend getting at least five of each variety you choose b/c they really like to school.

I can't tell what size your tank is, but usually the rule is one gallon per fish, so if it's a 10 gal you could get two types of tetras with five each.

Danios are cool because they swim back and forth all day in their school, but they can drive tetras crazy b/c sometimes the tetras prefer to just hover for a while.

Just make sure if you mix barbs and tetras you have three barbs (two will chase each other to death) and enough tetras for them to school and avoid being eaten by the barbs.

You can really mix and match most community freshwater fish, the most important thing is always have odd numbers like three or five unless you've got a mating pair, and keep in mind which fish like what part of the tank. We had some fish that fed off the bottom and they ended up killing this little algae sucking eel b/c he also wanted to bottom-feed. If you get different kinds, make sure they aren't all top-feeders or bottom-feeders or they will chase each other.

Last edited:
It's 29 gallons. The guy at the fish store said that the general rule of thumb is an inch of fish per gallon. He stressed the importance of a good filter and what a difference that can make, so we got a filter that's actually good for a 110 gallon tank, so I think we're all right! :)

Yeah, you're doing great then! It's also important to clean or replace the sponges and cartridges inside the filter. The box should tell you how often. I'm cheap, so I usually take them out and clean them until they fall apart. Typically my filter breaks down before I actually replace the cartridges (I used sand in a lot of tanks, which eventually scratches the magnets in the filter and makes a god-awful grinding noise).

Back
Top Bottom