Post your cold remedies here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
man, I got hit witha whopper of a cold today.
sux.
anyhoo, anyone got any good cold remedies?

p.s. my grandfather used to boil orange peels, honey, and wine, then you drnak it fast while it was hot. dunno if it helped your cold, but it knocked you on your ass and you passed out.:wink:

i guess it depends on what ails you most, but what we've done at my place is take some five star whiskey (absolute shit, it's disgusting) heat it up in the mic and mix it with some honey. that helps open you up a bit.

do you have a fever?

I p[icked up some of this over-the-counter stuff that says not to operate heavy machinery while taking it.

whcih is a shame because I wanted to start that in-ground pool project with my new bulldozer tonight.

:angry:

Zoomerang96 said:
do you have a fever?

yeah, and it's.....

*cues music*

gettiiinnn highhherrrr......

whoo.:shifty:

Drink a ton of water, take Zinc (tablet form) every day, stay home and sleep.

When I was a kid with a bad cold my grandpa would fix us a cup of 1843 with lemon and honey. Then sent us to bed. I would wake up soaking wet from sweating but would feel a hundred times better with no memory of what happend the nite before. Good stuff.

When I very first start feeling sick i take a lot of vitamen C and zinc. Last year when everyone was coming down with that horrific cold/flu i did that and all I got was a mild cold.

I'm just getting over what you have :( The first day or so is not fun at all :tsk:

My cold remedy is calling my dr for Prednisone ( :yuck: ) but that's because I have asthma and if I get a cough from a cold then I'm screwed. That stuff helps dry everything out but it doesn't take away the creepy side affects from having a cold.

:hug: just rest for a few days....and watch some U2 videos. :drool: That made me feel better over the weekend :wink:

yeppers to the vit C, water and time.

And arw9797, I know all about what you're talking about. For some people, a cold is no small thing. A cold for me used to literally last for months. I finally got a doctor who suggested asthma may be a compounding factor in my recovery and now it doesn't take as long to get better.

I have worked in docs offices for 10 years and have discovered (from invading the sample cupboard) that children's liquid advil cures everything from sore throats to sinus congestion. Whenever I feel anything out of the ordinary beginning it take some of this stuff and within two days it is over and the symptoms are very mild....I have my whole family and friends converted and they all swear by the stuff....give it a try this winter

I consider this a miracle drug and don't know why it is not marketed toward adults......

I hate colds - i could think of several other nasty things I'd rather have than a cold - shudders. That bein said - OTC treatments
1. Humidifier in bedroom
2. Vitamin C - but not OD - can cause tummy problems
3. Antihistamines
4. Advil/Tylenol - take your pick but advil also helps reduce swelling - make sure the antihistamine does not contain a pain releiver or you will be overdosed - yucky for the kidney(s)
5. Lots of fluids
6. even more fluids if you have a fever
7. Rest - watch Slane/Boston if you want to keep occupied - marvel at the various facial expression of Larry, count the number of times Adam heads back to the drum kit, watch edge get pissed after gone, count how many times Bono bites people....
8. Chicken noodle soup - remember a study back somewhere that this did help immune system...
9. If you are not better in a couple days call your MD - you might have a sinus infection that requires antibiotics
10. Sore Throats - gargle with salt water/get a numbing spray/drink hot tea/grab some popcicles - I prefer the red, white and blue patrioctic pops - old school but good
11. Guilt friends and family into doing things for you:)

Hope you feel better!

Depends on the stage of the cold - you need to be aware of the symptoms.

Sleep is key - treat the symptoms so you can sleep at night.

During the early stages, when you have post-nasal drip, I find Nyquil helpful at night.

Later, address nasal congestion and/or cough.

Always drink plenty of fluids, get proper nourishment and keep washing your hands.

Back
Top Bottom