post your biggest fears here (the official "giving me the creeps" thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
In no particular order:

1) Death - especially if it should be following some untreatable disease, with lots of suffering. I dunno - i just can't imagine not being alive one day.

2) Death in a family - my parents are both 61 now, and everything ok healthy (ok, Dad has some back problems and Mum has some BP stuff, nothing major), but - they're not gonna be around forever. Ugh...i can't imagine not having them around.
Who's to say something bad can't happen to my brothers? I have no idea how i would deal with that.

3) The end of the world - some asteroid hitting earth, or some new virus wiping out everyone...

4) Nuclear war - *sigh* i know this is probably not going to happen in my lifetime, but i get the creeps anytime i see a "mushroom" clowd on TV or the newspaper. Wish nuclear weapons would be destroyed forever.

5) Not to be able to look back on my life one day, when i'm gray and old, and say "i lived a good life." (like Kite puts it "i'm not afraid to live, and when i'm flat on my back i hope to feel like i did")

frown.gif

------------------
- be uncool, yes be awkward

Originally posted by U2girl:
In no particular order:

1) Death - especially if it should be following some untreatable disease, with lots of suffering. I dunno - i just can't imagine not being alive one day.

2) Death in a family - my parents are both 61 now, and everything ok healthy (but - they're not gonna be around forever. Ugh...i can't imagine not having them around.
Who's to say something bad can't happen to my brothers? I have no idea how i would deal with that.

3) The end of the world - some asteroid hitting earth, or some new virus wiping out everyone...

4) Nuclear war - *sigh* i know this is probably not going to happen in my lifetime, but i get the creeps anytime i see a "mushroom" clowd on TV or the newspaper. Wish nuclear weapons would be destroyed forever.

oh jasus all that u said!!!!!!!!

death my biggest fear!

Well I just had a dream that I was steps away from a building that was blown up by terrorists....I suppose a terrorist attack is my biggest fear at the moment considering I just woke up and still am stunned from this nightmare.........

i can honestly say i am not scared by any of that. the one thing that freaks me right out is anything dealing with eyes. eye surgery, people touching their eyes, eye injuries all creep me right out.

i consider it a major achievement for myself to wear contact lenses everyday.

Anything to do with teeth. I HATE dentists...no offense to any dentists.

And lions...a herd of lions

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

Well I just had a dream that I was steps away from a building that was blown up by terrorists....I suppose a terrorist attack is my biggest fear at the moment considering I just woke up and still am stunned from this nightmare.........

i dreamt something similar last week and it scared the hell out of me...one of my big fears also

------------------
lilsparky: did you like the pics i took of my favorite band?
viktor: actually had a dream about larry mullen last night...not a gay dream but a weird dream.....
lilsparky: really?
lilsparky: what was it about?
viktor: yeah...we were going to a party and all my high school friends walked along him and then Bono rushed out and said something weird and that guy from the pouges...shane mac Gowan came and we all showered in sugar
viktor: weird

Originally posted by kobayashi:
i can honestly say i am not scared by any of that. the one thing that freaks me right out is anything dealing with eyes. eye surgery, people touching their eyes, eye injuries all creep me right out.

i consider it a major achievement for myself to wear contact lenses everyday.

Oooh, I have this one, too! And learning to wear contacts was downright traumatic. When anyone begins discussing the details of their laser surgery, I have to leave the room.

1.) To die without having lived a life.

2.) Not being able to help my friends when m help is needed

3.)Not finding the mystery girl

Death.

Truly terrifying.

Actually, the moment I most fear is the very moment my heart stops, and in between that and my final breath thinking that there is no God and no after life, and worst of all, no light at the end of the dark tunnel.

Now, isn't that a nice thought to depart on?

Ant.

death doesnt scare me painful or not, natural or otherwise. What I'm more afraid of is losing someone close to me, most particularly my girlfriend, because I couldnt live without her, but also my parents and my brother and sister.
I used to be afraid of a lot of things when I was younger, now I'm a little older, not necessarily wiser I've just come to accept things in life more, though they can still be upsetting and everything.

------------------
look at the moon t-t-t-t-t when a horse runs through dark waters then the pig has no legs.

?*~darkcloud~*?

Originally posted by U2girl:
In no particular order:

2) Death in a family - my parents are both 61 now, and everything ok healthy (ok, Dad has some back problems and Mum has some BP stuff, nothing major), but - they're not gonna be around forever. Ugh...i can't imagine not having them around.

All of those.. and a few more:

- Planes. I have a phobia
- Tarantulas, but they aren't a HUGE fright to me, they are frightening but I've experienced worse
- pets dying
frown.gif

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Whales

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

ok, my answer's about to change again, im still afraid of terrorists attacks, but the one thing that frightens me the most is not being able to accomplish all of my dreams, and see my daughter do the same as well... before my life ends on this planet. that's my biggest fear.

------------------
lilsparky: did you like the pics i took of my favorite band?
viktor: actually had a dream about larry mullen last night...not a gay dream but a weird dream.....
lilsparky: really?
lilsparky: what was it about?
viktor: yeah...we were going to a party and all my high school friends walked along him and then Bono rushed out and said something weird and that guy from the pouges...shane mac Gowan came and we all showered in sugar
viktor: weird

Well, I just finished reading the Hot Zone, and now I fear that Ebola Zaire could become airborne and deadly to us (even worse than that Resident Evil crap).
Second is pollution. I don't feel like being cooked in an instant by UV rays.
Third, the prospect that we will be confined to Earth forever. Not so much for me, but for the ever increasing population of the future that will have to live here.
Fourth, the fact I will make some horrifying mistake and dim my own future.
Lastly, when I die, my body is reanimated i=for a super army of the undead (again, not for my, but for the people I will be eating).

aeroplanes. What a bummer eh? Me over here, them over there. Stuck on an island you can't get out of...indeedy.
Spider bites
Too numerous and depressing to list them all really.
I call it the "four letter "f" word"
F E A R...really bad for the endocrine system

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 03-11-2002).]

Spiders all the way.
Death
Living without love (corny, but scary!)
A lot more things that I can't think of at the moment..
rolleyes.gif

------------------
"Whenever you see this kind of darkness, there is an extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter." -Bono

"Why doesn't anyone molest him?" -My mom, when Bono was walking through the crowd at the halftime show..

u2er@u2email.com

Death of a family memeber(s) or friend(s)
Fire
Nuclear War
Bugs. (Don't laugh. I hate them.)

Download a Pearl Jam song called "bugs"...you'll love it!

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

This may sound really odd, but more than death, I'm afraid that there will be some medical breakthrough where we will live for at least 150 years...maybe forever. I can't stand the idea of living that long, especially if what economists are saying is true...that we will never be able to retire, and will have to work forever. That terrifies me beyond belief.

Other than that, cloning (which gives me the total creeps) asteroids, nuclear war and spiders.

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 03-11-2002).]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom