post your biggest fears here (the official "giving me the creeps" thread) - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2002, 10:05 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:39 AM
post your biggest fears here (the official "giving me the creeps" thread)

In no particular order:

1) Death - especially if it should be following some untreatable disease, with lots of suffering. I dunno - i just can't imagine not being alive one day.

2) Death in a family - my parents are both 61 now, and everything ok healthy (ok, Dad has some back problems and Mum has some BP stuff, nothing major), but - they're not gonna be around forever. Ugh...i can't imagine not having them around.
Who's to say something bad can't happen to my brothers? I have no idea how i would deal with that.

3) The end of the world - some asteroid hitting earth, or some new virus wiping out everyone...

4) Nuclear war - *sigh* i know this is probably not going to happen in my lifetime, but i get the creeps anytime i see a "mushroom" clowd on TV or the newspaper. Wish nuclear weapons would be destroyed forever.

5) Not to be able to look back on my life one day, when i'm gray and old, and say "i lived a good life." (like Kite puts it "i'm not afraid to live, and when i'm flat on my back i hope to feel like i did")

------------------
- be uncool, yes be awkward

Old 03-10-2002, 10:10 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl:
In no particular order:

1) Death - especially if it should be following some untreatable disease, with lots of suffering. I dunno - i just can't imagine not being alive one day.

2) Death in a family - my parents are both 61 now, and everything ok healthy (but - they're not gonna be around forever. Ugh...i can't imagine not having them around.
Who's to say something bad can't happen to my brothers? I have no idea how i would deal with that.

3) The end of the world - some asteroid hitting earth, or some new virus wiping out everyone...

4) Nuclear war - *sigh* i know this is probably not going to happen in my lifetime, but i get the creeps anytime i see a "mushroom" clowd on TV or the newspaper. Wish nuclear weapons would be destroyed forever.

oh jasus all that u said!!!!!!!!

death my biggest fear!

Old 03-10-2002, 10:54 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:39 PM

Well I just had a dream that I was steps away from a building that was blown up by terrorists....I suppose a terrorist attack is my biggest fear at the moment considering I just woke up and still am stunned from this nightmare.........

Old 03-10-2002, 11:38 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:39 PM
i can honestly say i am not scared by any of that. the one thing that freaks me right out is anything dealing with eyes. eye surgery, people touching their eyes, eye injuries all creep me right out.

i consider it a major achievement for myself to wear contact lenses everyday.
Old 03-10-2002, 12:05 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:09 AM
Anything to do with teeth. I HATE dentists...no offense to any dentists.

And lions...a herd of lions

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time
Old 03-10-2002, 01:05 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

Well I just had a dream that I was steps away from a building that was blown up by terrorists....I suppose a terrorist attack is my biggest fear at the moment considering I just woke up and still am stunned from this nightmare.........

i dreamt something similar last week and it scared the hell out of me...one of my big fears also

------------------
lilsparky: did you like the pics i took of my favorite band?
viktor: actually had a dream about larry mullen last night...not a gay dream but a weird dream.....
lilsparky: really?
lilsparky: what was it about?
viktor: yeah...we were going to a party and all my high school friends walked along him and then Bono rushed out and said something weird and that guy from the pouges...shane mac Gowan came and we all showered in sugar
viktor: weird
Old 03-10-2002, 01:28 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kobayashi:
i can honestly say i am not scared by any of that. the one thing that freaks me right out is anything dealing with eyes. eye surgery, people touching their eyes, eye injuries all creep me right out.

i consider it a major achievement for myself to wear contact lenses everyday.
Oooh, I have this one, too! And learning to wear contacts was downright traumatic. When anyone begins discussing the details of their laser surgery, I have to leave the room.
Old 03-10-2002, 01:50 PM   #8
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:39 AM
1.) To die without having lived a life.

2.) Not being able to help my friends when m help is needed

3.)Not finding the mystery girl
Old 03-10-2002, 02:06 PM   #9
Refugee

Death.

Truly terrifying.

Actually, the moment I most fear is the very moment my heart stops, and in between that and my final breath thinking that there is no God and no after life, and worst of all, no light at the end of the dark tunnel.

Now, isn't that a nice thought to depart on?

Ant.
Old 03-10-2002, 04:00 PM   #10
Acrobat

death doesnt scare me painful or not, natural or otherwise. What I'm more afraid of is losing someone close to me, most particularly my girlfriend, because I couldnt live without her, but also my parents and my brother and sister.
I used to be afraid of a lot of things when I was younger, now I'm a little older, not necessarily wiser I've just come to accept things in life more, though they can still be upsetting and everything.

------------------
look at the moon t-t-t-t-t when a horse runs through dark waters then the pig has no legs.

°*~darkcloud~*°
Old 03-10-2002, 06:59 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl:
In no particular order:

2) Death in a family - my parents are both 61 now, and everything ok healthy (ok, Dad has some back problems and Mum has some BP stuff, nothing major), but - they're not gonna be around forever. Ugh...i can't imagine not having them around.

All of those.. and a few more:

- Planes. I have a phobia
- Tarantulas, but they aren't a HUGE fright to me, they are frightening but I've experienced worse
- pets dying

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988
Old 03-10-2002, 07:33 PM   #12
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 09:39 PM
I'm scared to death of snakes
Old 03-10-2002, 09:19 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Whales

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I’m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody’s around"--Starsailor
Old 03-10-2002, 09:30 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by z edge:
I'm scared to death of snakes
Indiana Jones and I are best buds.
I can't walk through the Reptile House at the zoo.

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk*
Old 03-10-2002, 10:39 PM   #15
Refugee

Snakes
Spiders
What people think
Doctors