post the name and/or cover of an album you find terribly overrated - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2007, 05:57 PM   #106
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Parachutes was the last album where the members of Coldplay seemed to have a collective pulse.

Now I'm not so sure. Those might just be wax models of themselves while onstage. That would explain the static setlists.
they were replaced by the same type of robots Aerosmith was replaced by in the '80s.

In other words, they're Cylons.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:58 PM   #107
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono
nahh musically it's kind of a clusterfuck too
Well... My List does take forever to get going. I hate that intro! You know what I hate worse than that intro? Brandon's singing during that intro! But once it gets going and the music is all loud, I love it. Why Do I Keep Counting is pretty much the same for me. I love the chorus but not crazy about the verses. Bones is just bad.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:59 PM   #108
The Male

Local Time: 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22

That makes me think of

U2

Nah, U2 has far more variety in their sets than Coldplay. Then again, it's not worth comparing because U2 has 12 (yes, I'm counting Passengers, bitches ) albums of material to take from, while Coldplay has two.

No, X&Y isn't a Coldplay album. It's a masseuse tape they stole from a local spa.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #109
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:53 PM
Quote:
U2 has 12 (yes, I'm counting Passengers
Old 03-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #110
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:53 PM
Quote:

Nah, U2 has far more variety in their sets than Coldplay. Then again, it's not worth comparing because U2 has 12 (yes, I'm counting Passengers, bitches ) albums of material to take from, while Coldplay has two.

U2 has a such a great catalog of songs and yet they insist on playing
Pride, One, BTBS... every single night....

heck they'll even play vertigo twice sometimes.....bitches
Old 03-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #111
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

No, X&Y isn't a Coldplay album. It's a masseuse tape they stole from a local spa.
I was going to say muzak in a dentist's office, but that works too.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #112
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

okay, I get what you mean.

but through the thread you mentioned what you thought was overrated, so I that left me wondering what you think is underrated.
it's all personal opinion anyway, i'm sure others can find a lot more stuff that is overrated than what i had mentioned. most of what I thought in my post was overrated were albums other people had already spoken about and the rest was stuff they are never done playing on the radio/talking about in magazines here.

there are a whole host of albums i like better and think deserve a lot more credit that are overlooked (i can talk about that in the underrated thread).
Old 03-04-2007, 06:27 PM   #113
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen

it's all personal opinion anyway, i'm sure others can find a lot more stuff that is overrated than what i had mentioned. most of what I thought in my post was overrated were albums other people had already spoken about and the rest was stuff they are never done playing on the radio/talking about in magazines here.

there are a whole host of albums i like better and think deserve a lot more credit that are overlooked (i can talk about that in the underrated thread).
I definitely agree with you there. Onto the underrated thread!
Old 03-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #114
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

Seriously!

Seriously.

There are more albums released in a week than what I mentioned, no need to get too worked up or post a lame, mocking reply like that.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #115
you are what you is

Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen

Finding something overrated does not mean someone does not like it.
apparently whining on about coldplay is easier than reading a thread title
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 03-04-2007, 07:32 PM   #116
you are what you is

and Chris Martin is a sucky lyricist if alone for the line "you can take a picture of something you see"

wow ..... really Chris?
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 03-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #117
The Male

Local Time: 09:53 AM
Cool it, everyone. This kind of bickering results in threads getting locked.

Now.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #118
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man
the only truly great song oasis has ever written is dont look back in anger. there are some funny listenable ones among the rest, but nothing particularly interesting. they aaaaalwaaaays drown themselves out in guitar noise when they know that the song they're playing is really rather crappy.
I like to think that a good artist starts out quietly and brings a song to a crashing climax. Oasis starts out in a cacophony of noise and never really gives the listener a chance to appreciate the melodic songwriting - which ain't bad. It just ain't great.

As far as Sam's Town, I actually let that album grow on me and there's a lot to like. The opening track is almost worth the price of admission. I think I can even learn to put up with Bones, when you look at the album in the context of The Killers - which is a very silly context indeed
Old 03-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #119
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
I like to think that a good artist starts out quietly and brings a song to a crashing climax. Oasis starts out in a cacophony of noise and never really gives the listener a chance to appreciate the melodic songwriting - which ain't bad. It just ain't great.

As far as Sam's Town, I actually let that album grow on me and there's a lot to like. The opening track is almost worth the price of admission. I think I can even learn to put up with Bones, when you look at the album in the context of The Killers - which is a very silly context indeed
I agree, but they have a few songs that actually do that.

Listen to "Magic Pie" off of Be Here Now. It's all Noel, it starts off with a slow little jam that builds as it goes on and has a pretty satisfying climax.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:57 PM   #120
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
I've only had a preview of the tracks in HMV, is there anything worth having a listen to from that album? I haven't given the Killers a proper chance yet