Post the #1 flaw of bands here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
Oh and this is not about bands you hate. I like all these bands but I think that the following is the number 1 flaw that they have.

Oasis: Really needs to learn to stop dragging out what should be a 3 or 4 minute songs in to 5, 6, 7 minute bore fests. If they had done this through out their entire career on their albums I imagine they would still be seen as one of the most important bands of the last 10 years. Right now they've become 'those wonderwall guys'.

The Beatles: Ringo + vocal = BOOOOO-URNS.

Radiohead: Your fanbase. They seem to think that you're reinventing music itself.

The Who: Keith Moon was one dimensional. Probably the inspiration for Animal from Seseme Street.

DMB: Your face when you sing. And the Baritone guitar sucks, but I guess you can't use a regular electric that would be so un-Neo-Hippie.

Coldplay: What do I feel like today, hmmm, piano ballad or guitar ballad?

U2: Stop saying that every album 'Sounds like nothing we've ever done' and 'I think it's out best work'. No you don't you stupid mick.

I'm sure I'll keep thinking of more.

Hmm, worth a try. I like all these bands.

Blur: Graham's gone :(
New Order: they can suck terribly live
Oasis: nowadays it seems they'll put out a great single and a nont-so-great album
The Clash: I didn't like that whole Levi's thing

Johnny Swallow said:
Oh and this is not about bands you hate. I like all these bands but I think that the following is the number 1 flaw that they have.

Radiohead: Your fanbase. They seem to think that you're reinventing music itself.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!:no: :rant: :grumpy: :down: :banghead: :coocoo: :shame: :yell: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Johnny Swallow said:
The Beatles: Ringo + vocal = BOOOOO-URNS.

Whatcha got against Octopus's Garden?? Hmm?

Ringo only sang, like 9 songs total or something. Out of how many? How many people even remember most of them? (Let's say besides Yellow Submarine, which made a #1, so they must have done somthing right), and perhaps "With a Little Help from my Friends" and Octopus's Garden (which were also big hits)... The rest weren't terribly up-and-coming/popular, so I can't see how this would have been their biggest mistake. I'd say the Beatles's biggest mistake was rather, John marrying Yoko. Egos. Paul vs. John, lalalalalala.

Now, the Spice Girls, on the other hand. Well....they made a lot of mistakes...:sexywink:

Last edited:
okay, since this is for bands i like, since all the bands i love to death are older, the same applies: STOP TAKING 5 YEARS TO MAKE A NEW ALBUM! it honestly shouldn't take that long. i'm sure they can't work at the frantic pace they did when they were younger and could release an album and tour every year, but still, release an album like every two years, maybe three if it's not like 3.5-4 years. it gives all fans the ability to lose interest and forget about them. i know since my favourites last released an album, i've bought a ton of cds, none of which were by them.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
I'd say the Beatles's biggest mistake was rather, John marrying Yoko. Egos. Paul vs. John, lalalalalala.

I'm talking about musical/creative flaws, not carrer mistakes.
Ego is obviously a flaw but why bother discussing it.

Ok, least favourite things about my favourite bands (or bands I like):

The Clash: Pretty much untouchable for me, although I could have done without the synthy experiments towards the end.
New Order: Playing Joy Division live. Doesn't work at all.
Manic Street Preachers: Their lyrics can be very annoying.
Francoise Hardy: I don't understand her lyrics.
Oasis: I think musically their last album wasn't very good. It was OK with OK songs.
Radiohead: Fairly untouchable musically, although I do think some fans are pretty overbearing. (But every band has overbearing fans)
Saint Etienne: Too clever for their own good, but I like clever bands.

Probably change my opinion tomorrow. I like all these artistes for a reason and I'm willing to overlook their flaws.

Coldplay: could be awesome if they did some harder stuff (sound-wise)... maybe experiment with Far East music...

The Beatles: could have gone on for a few more years... should have used George more often.

Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath: retire... it's pretty bad when your vocalist is incomprehensible on his good nights...

Radiohead: Reggae is calling your name! :wink:

CLINIC - Loose the f'ing surgical costumes!

INTERPOL - Ditto. Freaks!

LENNY KRAVITZ - you are a talentless hippie hack sappy song writer. GO AWAY!!!

U2-They're so good they make me spend all my $ on records and concert tickets. Big problem. Maybe if they sucked I could save a little $ for the rainy day.

Johnny Swallow said:
Indeed. :yes:

Coldplay: What do I feel like today, hmmm, piano ballad or guitar ballad?
I hardly see this as a flaw. That's the kind of band they are. To each their own.

Coldplay: I agree they should be experimenting with some harder stuff.

Agree about Radiohead fans :D I like Radiohead but the fans about drive me away. Also their music is getting too experimental - I like songs I can sing along to.

R.E.M.: newer albums too mellow

U2: Bono can't do the head flip in "I Will Follow" like he used to :) It's rather humorous.

There's always room for constructive criticism, right?

pearl jam- we don't want to be popular even though everyone wants us to be, so we're going to let our music suffer just to make sure we don't put out a song that's actually radio friendly, which might mean that we'll :gasp: get popular!

bono- i am god... i shall heal the world

michael jackson- i shall feel the world... the world's little boys, that is

j-lo- i can't sing, yet somehow i scored a gig with bono

r.e.m.- with the exception of i've been high and at my most beautiful, we've put out nothing but crap since automatic for the people

metallica- lars

Last edited:
:| I am all for criticism of sorts, but damn! you guys are harsh.

And... tell me this? WHY should Coldplay experiment with harder sounds? That's not the kind of band they are... AND to those who say that obviously haven't heard their latest album. It has a completely different feel from Parachutes with a much tougher edge. Albeit a Coldplay edge so thus, not too harsh, but come on people. Lighten up.

Angel said:
And... tell me this? WHY should Coldplay experiment with harder sounds? That's not the kind of band they are... AND to those who say that obviously haven't heard their latest album. It has a completely different feel from Parachutes with a much tougher edge. Albeit a Coldplay edge so thus, not too harsh, but come on people. Lighten up.
no band is perfect. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom