Post A Pic Of Your NHL Team's City Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just got this idea from another thread, but it occured to me that every NHL city looks quite similar during a game. All you see is the building and fans and the ice. I think it would be neet for us to expose each city behind the team we cheer for. Here's Vancouver, home of my beloved Vancouver Canucks. GM Place (where they play) is just to the right of BC Place (the big dome). It's very small in comparison, but you can still see it! U2 have played in both buildings.

city_false.jpg

Vancouver: World's best city. Canada's best chance!! Here we come Winter Olympics, 2010!!

(For obvious reasons, I'm a little biased ;))

Last edited:
st louis is small, but good things come in small packages :wink:

wllppr_8_800_600.jpg

savvis-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Chizip said:
i was at the philips arena for a u2 concert, good times
Yes, Chizip, I have many fond memories of U2 and those buildings, too. Right in between BC Place and GM Place is an avenue called Griffiths Way (believe it or not), and that's where Bono signed autographs and talked with fans before the Elevation concert 2 years ago. I saw ZooTV at BC Place, though it just sucks for concerts, since it's a giant air dome. Talk about echoey!

wow, there is actually people at that game. i went to a playoff game there a few years ago and there were tons of empty seats. there were seriously as many cardinals fans there as there were braves fans, and this was the playoffs! needless to say we swept your butts out of town. if you wanna talk about a bad sports city, atlanta is the worst. no offense missdress, but it is true.

i am not going to disagree with you. we do have a bunch of bandwagon fans for professional teams, college sports is a whole other story.

anyway, i am not one of those bandwagon fans at least not for the braves. i have been a braves fan since i was a kid even when they sucked in the 80's. however the football fans are coming around. this place is now insane during the season because of Vick.

Here is the Xcel Center where the Wild play. Saint Paul is much smaller than Minneapolis and not as impressive to look at.

front.jpg

The Xcel is a great arena, I hope U2 will play there next time they come to the area instead of the Target Center (where the Timberwolves play).

Here are some much better pics of GM place in Vancouver:

general_motors_place_t.jpg

And here's what it will look like tonight...
front.jpg

And what it looks like right about now...
front.jpg

Is that enough pictures of a hockey arena for you!?!

Last edited:
the pride of st louis, the st louis arch

Arch+West.jpg

arch-vertical.jpg

118gateway_arch_8-med.jpg

here is a description from moby himself, he posted this in his journal while staying in st louis

We're in St Louis with a night off, and luckily we're staying right by the gateway arch which is one of my favourite structures in the whole world. I might go and take a little stroll to see it bathed in moonlight in all of its splendor. The gateway arch was designed by Eero Saarinen, who was one of the most remarkable architects of the 20th century. It's almost worth a trip to St Louis just to see this amazing sculpture/structure/building...what a phenomenal thing...
The first time that I saw it I actually got a little bit teary-eyed 'cos it's so beautiful, and it looks like it shouldn't exist. Or it looks as if it fell from space millions of years ago and the United States was built around it. Too bad that's not true.

Lemon Meringue said:
Here is the Xcel Center where the Wild play. Saint Paul is much smaller than Minneapolis and not as impressive to look at.

front.jpg

The Xcel is a great arena, I hope U2 will play there next time they come to the area instead of the Target Center (where the Timberwolves play).

though i agree, i didnt think the target center was all that bad.

Chizip those pics of the arches are amazing! I wish architecture like that was more prevalent. Here's a couple pics of Canada Place in Vancouver (where cruise ships doc), which is also pretty neat, though these pics don't do it justice...

CanadaPlace5.jpg

van.jpeg

sabalan39.jpg

Our library is quite amazing, actually. I should dig up some pics of that. Arnold Shwarzenegger did a movie in which they blew it up or something.

Last edited:
:angry: Fine! My beautiful future city of Montreal. Home of Canada's worst hockey team, but most faithful fans.

P01048.jpg

J'aime Montreal. :heart: (that's not me :eek: )
Pbasse.jpg

Montreal a mon coeur.
P01510.jpg

Angel - isn't our country beautiful? From coast to coast. Montreal is gorgeous too. I'd love to live there one day. Hey, need a roommate? :wink: Actually, I'm half serious! I would love to go to school there in a couple years.

I've always wanted to visit Vancouver. It looks very beautiful and bigger than I realized.

Saint Paul is much smaller.
fe9e46a5jpgorig-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom