Popular foods/restaurants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
What are some of your favorite/ popular dishes in your area??? Obviously I'd like some dinner suggestions :wink: Discuss

well for anyone in halifax...

Chinese: China Town
Indian: Taj Mahal
Mexican: Mexicali Rosa's
Italian: Il Mercato

:drool:

For bars:

Hip-Hop: The Palace
Gay: Reflections
Irish: The Old Triangle/Pogue Fadó
Rock Concerts: The Marquee Club
East Coast Canadian: The Lower Deck
Everything else: The Liquor Dome (9 bars under the same roof)

:up:

I'm from NYC, so there's something interesting to try on each block! We have really great pizza, and fantastic Chinese food...

I love middle eastern food too, how about a nice falafel, or how about some Greek Spanakopita?

Last edited:
dreamingoutloud1 said:
I'm from NYC, so there's something interesting to try on each block! We have really great pizza, and fantastic Chinese food...

I love middle eastern food too, how about a nice falafel, or how about some Greek Spanakopita?

I'm from New York as well but I'm not in the city I'm on the island... Mediteranean/Greek is my fave!

Baklava is actually originially Arabic, then brought to Turkey, then to Greece.

I like it a lot, but it's enough to put you in a diabetic coma, lol.

Applebees - I've been there probably 50 times and never had anything but the Santa Fe Chicken Salad (though their plain side salad is good too b/c it comes with all my favorite toppings: cucumber, eggs, bacon bits, croutons, and plenty of CHEESE)

Don Pablos - the cheese quesadilla and queso dip (they give you free unlimited chips and salsa, but I need something cheesy to go with it)

TGI Fridays - best French Dip EVER!!! :drool:

I agree that baklava's really rich, and sweet....i could only eat a tiny wedge at a time....

Great neck....that's the not too far from the city, is it? I'm not that familiar with the Island, though...

dreamingoutloud1 said:
I agree that baklava's really rich, and sweet....i could only eat a tiny wedge at a time....

Great neck....that's the not too far from the city, is it? I'm not that familiar with the Island, though...

Very close.... 25 minute drive with no traffic, 20 minute express train to penn

one4u2 said:

Very close.... 25 minute drive with no traffic, 20 minute express train to penn

Are you going to try and win one of those in studio listen party things that a couple of the radio stations are doing? How about SNL? Are you going to try and do the stand by ticket thing?

dreamingoutloud1 said:

Are you going to try and win one of those in studio listen party things that a couple of the radio stations are doing? How about SNL? Are you going to try and do the stand by ticket thing?

I"ve already steaked out a command post at SNL and called every contact I have.... Youtwohearts and I WILL be there one way or another!! Most of all I want to go to the listening party :hyper: How about you?

**Prays you work for k rock**

one4u2 said:

I"ve already steaked out a command post at SNL and called every contact I have.... Youtwohearts and I WILL be there one way or another!! Most of all I want to go to the listening party :hyper: How about you?

**Prays you work for k rock**

Sadly, I haven't done anything yet. It gets worse, too...I'm starting a new job tomorrow, so I won't be home to try and win k rock or PLJ tickets.:(

How did you stake out a spot at SNL?

Back
Top Bottom