Popped Collars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Palace_Hero said:

Do you have any idea how offensive that may came across? That was worse than my generalisation about Scottish people and alcoholism, and that was atleast funny.

Y'know, just from reading a few of your posts here and there, I'd say you're the last person who needs to be posting about finding comments like that offensive.

(JFTR, this post should not be taken seriously, I'm just kidding.)

i give popped collars one bloody star

i personally cant stand them, especially when i go to LA and pass by through beverly hills and all these guys in their trendy Abercrombie pink polos walking around with shaggy hair, trucker hats and whatever else might be trendy at the moment:no:

elevation2u said:
guys in their trendy Abercrombie pink polos walking around with shaggy hair, trucker hats and whatever else might be trendy at the moment:no:

These are the aforementioned douchebags.

Yikes! I didn't even know polos were popular again. :huh:

However....this must mean that paisley shirts will soon be the height of fashion... Now THAT could be fun! :D

Polo's are officially lame and dorky. Don't even get me started on the collars. The fact that they have them, is a huge part of the dork-content of said polo.

Ewen, please lighten up, it's a tongue-in-cheek thread about clothes, hardly anything to get upset about. Noone's judging anyone.

:love:

U2democrat said:
:shrug:

I went to an extremely preppy, yet public high school and all the guys popped their polo collars like it was nothing. :tsk:
When I get my crusade jacket I will be keeping my press studs down :sexywink:

omg..I thought this was about your collarbone...(sp):huh: anyway..I thought it was going to be a new body mutilation fad and I was almost afraid to look:huh:

the soul waits said:
Polo's are officially lame and dorky. Don't even get me started on the collars. The fact that they have them, is a huge part of the dork-content of said polo.

I used to think the same thing, but I think for guys, is there even an alternative to polo shirts? My boyfriend has one in almost every color and I hardly notice them anymore. Sometimes he has to go out and represent the place he works for at marketing fairs and such and they don't want you to come all dressed up in a dress shirt and tie, but just a regular t-shirt isn't exactly appropriate either. I think he looks pretty hot in polos as long as they're the right color and fit (and don't have a popped collar, hehe!).

Too dorky?

photo1.jpg

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I used to think the same thing, but I think for guys, is there even an alternative to polo shirts? My boyfriend has one in almost every color and I hardly notice them anymore. Sometimes he has to go out and represent the place he works for at marketing fairs and such and they don't want you to come all dressed up in a dress shirt and tie, but just a regular t-shirt isn't exactly appropriate either. I think he looks pretty hot in polos as long as they're the right color and fit (and don't have a popped collar, hehe!).

Too dorky?

photo1.jpg

It's a personal thing, taste in clothes. Allthough he wears them well, they're still not a favourite of mine, sorry.

i wear polos and button up/down shirts a lot. if i feel like it, ill pop my mother f'ing collar.

:sexywink:

indra said:
However....this must mean that paisley shirts will soon be the height of fashion... Now THAT could be fun! :D

lol, it's already here. both banana republic and nordstrom's fall catalogs have paisley blouses, skirts and dresses all over them.

I hope they bring back parachute pants with all the zippers.:drool:

I'd buy one of every color and rock a new color each day of the week.

eek. I was seriously mortified when this trend came back around. My asshole ex boyfriend used to do it all the time 4 years ago and every person that does it reminds me of him :yikes:
I will say that the pink poppers are the most noticeable to me though. I'll be happy when the shag goes back out of style....as long and the bowl cut doesnt go back in :wink:

bonosgirl84 said:

lol, it's already here. both banana republic and nordstrom's fall catalogs have paisley blouses, skirts and dresses all over them.

Actually, I'm holding out for pretty guys in eyeliner and paisley shirts. :) I don't really give a crap what other chicks wear. :wink:

I do need a paisley shirt for Sept. 13 th though, so I better get shopping....

Banana Republic. :drool: :drool:

And for the record, I have 6 polo shirts myself. (I work at the Limited for the discount :reject: ) I don't pop my collar as I am female and think it looks somewhat foolish. :wink:

This thread is killling me btw. :D

randhail said:
Does anyone actually understand why people are popping their collars? Don't these people deserved to be kicked in the nuts for this stupid trend?

That's nowhere near as bad as the baggy-pants-worn-halfway-down-the-hips trend. :yuck: Nothing quite so "cool" as looking like a toddler in desperate need of a diaper change, right? :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Popped Collars

Sue DeNym said:

That's nowhere near as bad as the baggy-pants-worn-halfway-down-the-hips trend. :yuck: Nothing quite so "cool" as looking like a toddler in desperate need of a diaper change, right? :rolleyes:

My brother has been wearing his pants like that for a few years. He's 21 and still hasn't figured out how ridiculous it looks. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom