Popped Collars - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2005, 10:28 AM   #46
Refugee
Note: Troll-like

Location: The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference. Interference Hotness Level: 3rd. Sex: Yes please.
Local Time: 05:09 PM
Just tellin it like it is.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:28 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:09 AM
I can live with the collar up, but I hate the big saggy, gaping neck line it creates. Also, the collar is hardly "up", it curls over or looks stretched out. If you want it up nice, iron it or something, and button your shirts. Or better yet, just get a nice turtle-neck sweater or something that, like so:

Old 08-03-2005, 10:32 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
I can live with the collar up, but I hate the big saggy, gaping neck line it creates. Also, the collar is hardly "up", it curls over or looks stretched out. If you want it up nice, iron it or something, and button your shirts. Or better yet, just get a nice turtle-neck sweater or something that, like so:

?

if that's what you want to wear or how you want your b/f or husband to wear then fair enough but don't judge other people on how they dress. i'm not going to start critising your clothes and I'm sure there are items of clothing or ways you wear them that I would think look ridiculous.

that turtleneck looks quite nice actually.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ewen

?

if that's what you want to wear or how you want your b/f or husband to wear then fair enough but don't judge other people on how they dress. i'm not going to start critising your clothes and I'm sure there are items of clothing or ways you wear them that I would think look ridiculous.

that turtleneck looks quite nice actually.
Dude, did I judge anyone? The thread is about popped collars right? WTF

Old 08-03-2005, 10:35 AM   #50
Refugee
Note: Troll-like

Location: The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference. Interference Hotness Level: 3rd. Sex: Yes please.
Local Time: 05:09 PM
Honestly ewen I think collars up are more accepted on us Brits. In America I agree the stereotypical trendybopper is a bit sickly.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:37 AM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Palace_Hero
Honestly ewen I think collars up are more accepted on us Brits. In America I agree the stereotypical trendybopper is a bit sickly.
IMO brit men in general have much better taste and in clothes. Most of the guys I see w/ popped collars are just trying to be punk or grunge, like their mom bought them polos but they don't want to look preppy or whatever.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:22 AM   #52
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:09 AM
Jeez.. this thread is getting worse by the minute.

Every single person in the world has their own opinions about anything and everything. I dont understand why we cant just respect that and disagree about things in an adult manner. Just because you think something sucks, doesnt mean other people will and vice versa. And I'm speaking generally to this thread, not at anyone in particular.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:30 AM   #53
War Child

Local Time: 06:09 AM
This irritates me to no end. Its stupid. And its spreading like the fucking plague. It never looks good.
And pink. WTF??? Maybe a dress shirt or something, but a polo?
Old 08-03-2005, 11:34 AM   #54
Refugee

Local Time: 10:09 AM
There just clothes, who cares if people pop them or not.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:35 AM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrush
This irritates me to no end. Its stupid. And its spreading like the fucking plague. It never looks good.
And pink. WTF??? Maybe a dress shirt or something, but a polo?
What's worse is that stores are promoting it on their mannequins. I've seen someone, who obviously had a great distaste for this trend, go around a Gap Store and fold all the collars back down. Goodtimes. Goodtimes.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:51 AM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Jeez.. this thread is getting worse by the minute.

Every single person in the world has their own opinions about anything and everything. I dont understand why we cant just respect that and disagree about things in an adult manner. Just because you think something sucks, doesnt mean other people will and vice versa. And I'm speaking generally to this thread, not at anyone in particular.

Seriously, we're talking about collars like we're debaing something serious like nuclear proliferation.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:56 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Palace_Hero
I think it must be just because of different associations. In the US, it seems to be more of a preppy, Abercrombie, 80s-revival thing, whereas here it's not as recent (I see a LOT of people do it with football shirts and with jackets). I don't even think about it or notice how people wear their colars...I guess because I left the US before this trend became widespread, so I don't really associate it with anything (unless it's a denim jacket and then I always think of 80s Michael J. Fox ).

A guy wearing two layered polo shirts in contrasting pastel colours probably would stand out to me, though.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:34 PM   #58
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JessicaAnn

Seriously, we're talking about collars like we're debaing something serious like nuclear proliferation.
I think this is very serious. Popped collars can not come back. This is a very serious fashion mistake
Old 08-03-2005, 12:55 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:09 AM
yeah, Im not getting the baby pink shirts for guys with the collars popped, why did this come back, they look like " terry" in that movie " just one of the guys".
Old 08-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:09 PM
Sorry if I offended you, Palace Hero. I don't know how it goes in Oz, but the kids in American high schools with their collars popped are the biggest douches around.