Poowong, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver, you need to hear this.

I mean.

It's actually kind of fun.

One minute they sound like Metallica.
The next they sound like minstrels from yon far ago age. Except metal.

Oh, I've heard one of Blind Guardian's other albums. It's OK. I'm not too much a fan of power metal, though a couple of Sonata Arctica songs aren't bad.

I have a week to either forget I saw that, or convince myself they'll never actually play it, which will be easier.

Don't worry, it'll get Drowning Manned.

Anyways, I'm bored with this now :lol:.

It doesn't help that the story is based on the Silmarillion, which I haven't read yet :(.

Still like 10 tracks left :uhoh:

And right after I wrote that message I had a thought to myself, "It....can't be."

But lo! IT is!

Marillion was formed in 1979 as Silmarillion, after J.R.R. Tolkien's book The Silmarillion, by Mick Pointer, Steve Rothery, and others. They played their first gig at Berkhamsted Civic Centre on 1 March 1980.[11]

I'm sure you all knew this, but I'm all like mind=blown.

Do you folks want a laugh?

The other day, I made mention on the U2gigs Twitter account that UF hasn't been performed in Australia since 1989. Somebody replied to me that UF wasn't even released until 1991.

:laugh:

And right after I wrote that message I had a thought to myself, "It....can't be."

But lo! IT is!

I'm sure you all knew this, but I'm all like mind=blown.

I genuinely can't believe you didn't know this already, heh. Tolkien's estate even made them change their name away from Silmarillion!

I genuinely can't believe you didn't know this already, heh. Tolkien's estate even made them change their name away from Silmarillion!
According to wiki they changed it before Tolkein's peeps could make them. But whatever, the point is...Marillion!

Oh, I just remembered!

Read the first comment on this, then click on the reply and tell me if you laugh as hard as I did: SongMeanings | Lyrics | Blind Guardian - The Curse Of Fanor

Weather report: Temps will drop to -19C with winds approaching 35 MPH. Six to eight inches of snow expected to fall between 7 and 8:15 PM.

Fuck.

I guess the music listening is to be interrupted, I have to run out.

Middle Earth, you can has a 2.5

I need to find some way to entertain myself at work. Can't get online, no book to read, no iPod. Sigh.

Bosses at work came around about an hour ago and told people to get the fudge out. So I'm home.

Dear American Superthreaders,

If I was to win another auction from ebay, and this item could only be sent to the US...would one of you kind people be able to accept it, and post it downunder?

I'll pay you of course :shifty:

I'll do it, Daniel.

Me, too, Daniel

Thanks guys girls, but I missed my late running bidding by 2 minutes!

doh2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom