Poowong, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Beginning is now.

%28Official_Album_Cover%29_Thanx_to_romey.jpg

I don't get it. Kanye can't get away with this shit, Ke$ha definitely can't. This is forced as hell and I don't understand why she's pulling this shit out of nowhere. She had a dirty girl atmosphere about her on Animal, but it was just that: Atmosphere. It didn't really permeate to the lyrics the way it does on this album.

I'm so fucking disappointed.

Speaking of Kanye, what the fuck is up with Pitchfork giving his latest 10/10? Is it really that good? I mean, it IS Kanye.

Travis and I plan on getting you to listen to it with us eventually.

It's not THAT good, but the 10 wouldn't be so repulsive if they'd actually REVIEWED the album. That review is EVERYTHING that is wrong with Pitchfork.

I reviewed it on the blog actually, if you want to know what I think /lazy.

Meahwhile, somehow this BEP album is good. Also, I posted this in the Club album thread, but this might be a pretty good indication of what the "Club Album" might sound like:
YouTube - Black Eyed Peas-Someday (Prod. By David Guetta) FULL The Beginning

In more interesting and newsworthy news North Korea has just shelled South Korea. This interests me quite a lot as you may know.

Good stuff, Alison! I'm surprised you have to pay for the citizenship ceremony though - I don't recall paying for my Aussie one and I don't think Charlotte paid for her Kiwi one. But then I guess it's different when you aren't actually IN the country?

As for the ticket, yeah, if it'd just be easier for Daniel to give it to me and then I give it to you, then we can do that.

I think the UK govt. just charges like a wounded bull... Although I can't remember if the form said that UK residents had to pay the ceremony fee. Everyone has to pay the extortionate processing fee though, which is non-refundable if you're unsuccessful.

I haven't read the rest of the thread, but it's Daniel's call as to what's easier for him... :)

Actually, I may not read the rest of the thread, cos I saw Ax mention Auckland rehearsals and I came over all spoiler-avoidy... :reject:

So nobody be offended if I disappear from the thread for the next week!

(I know things won't have changed much, if at all, from the last leg, but...)

I think the UK govt. just charges like a wounded bull... Although I can't remember if the form said that UK residents had to pay the ceremony fee. Everyone has to pay the extortionate processing fee though, which is non-refundable if you're unsuccessful.

The processing fee seems fairly normal, I know Australia and New Zealand both charge something like that - though I don't think it's as steep as the UK charge.

Actually, I may not read the rest of the thread, cos I saw Ax mention Auckland rehearsals and I came over all spoiler-avoidy... :reject:

Heh, I didn't actually mention any songs by name.

We're all sobering up, much to her chagrin.

Alcohol has ravaged her once youthful looks.

Ugh, I stupidly stayed up really late tonight. Thanksgiving is in two days. The odds of me having to sub tomorrow is intensely heightened.

Damn you pop stylings of Ke$ha and BEP

Oh, I also reviewed BEP on the blog for anyone who cars.

Night!

5 threads on one artist just isn't enough, as we learned here at Interference when Viva La Vida came out.

Maybe we should go back to Pyongyang...!

All I know about Kanye's new album is that he swears an awful lot in it. More than is usual, apparently. :shrug:

And yeah, $850-$900 for a processing fee is pretty steep. :crack:

G'night :wave:

North Korea's been bombing the hell out of South Korea. If they have a nuke, America's toast. And instead of being shit-scared, I'm entertained by this. Yes, I've taken a turn for the dark side. Depressed enough that nuclear war sounds like fun. Now, if you'll excuse me, Imma go get shit-faced.

I find it hard to get too concerned about the Korea situation, because North Korea won't escalate it much further. They're just flexing their muscles. They know full well that if it turns into a full-blown war, they'll be thumped.

5 threads on one artist just isn't enough, as we learned here at Interference when Viva La Vida came out.

WHICH IS BETTER: LINEAR VERSION OR BROTHERS VERSION?????////???//1

Oh wait, you didn't mean THAT Viva La Vida.

North Korea's been bombing the hell out of South Korea. If they have a nuke, America's toast. And instead of being shit-scared, I'm entertained by this. Yes, I've taken a turn for the dark side. Depressed enough that nuclear war sounds like fun. Now, if you'll excuse me, Imma go get shit-faced.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it would be QUITE difficult for them to do so because they lack the ability to launch far range, and anything else, well...we've got our eye on them, so I'd think that we'd stop them before they got here.

OH my God. This might be the most epic thing I've ever heard.

Welcome to power metal!

If it's not about something Tolkienesque, it's about slaying dragons with ye olde mighty sword! YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH OOOOOHHHH AAAAAAAAHHHH OOOHHHHHH!!!!

Axver, you need to hear this.

I mean.

It's actually kind of fun.

One minute they sound like Metallica.
The next they sound like minstrels from yon far ago age. Except metal.

Poor dragons... In which brand of mettooohhll do the persecuted dragons get revenge?

Also, god dammit, spoiled again. I really need to learn that if I'm serious about spoiler-avoidance, I need to ignore the entire internet, including email notifications of activity on facebook groups that someone else joined me up to without my knowledge or consent. :mad:

Or I should have just left it again. :reject:

I have a week to either forget I saw that, or convince myself they'll never actually play it, which will be easier.

(And yes, I'm completely over-reacting, but that's what the internet is for. :p )

:|

Also, good morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom