Poor wittle doggy (please watch your pets)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Tonight I just saved the cutest puppy ever. I was laying on my bed watching The Patriot when I heard my loud obnoxious neighboors making a ruckus. I looked out the window in time to see them freak out and try to shush the poor guy away. He took off towards a very busy road and I went after him. He's very well groomed, clean, and very playful. :cute: What's this lil puppy gonna do to them? Lick them?? Oh the horrors! :madspit: Tomorrow I'll be making posters with his picture on them. I just hope some little kid isn't missing their bestfriend :sad:

On a related note, pet owners please, please, PLEASE make sure your loved ones are secured anytime there are fireworks launched nearby. Animals typically cannot handle the loud sounds and they often take off running. It would also be a good thing to make sure they have I.D. tags on them :sigh:

While we were in Disney last week, our friend's 6 month old lab got hit by a car & died. She tells me "he NEVER leaves the front yard"....

Bullshit...he's 6 months old...he sees a cat or a squirrel and he's off like a shot. Poor puppy...it wasn't his fault....it was his owners..I didn't have the heart to tell them this though.

I'm really glad you found him and nothing horrible happened to him. Have you tried calling any local animals shelters or your local police department to see if someone has resported their dog is missing?

And I agree with the advice about keeping your pets safe. :)

Poor puppy. Hope you find out who he belongs to.

My puppy, who just turned one, isn't afraid of the fireworks. But, we woke up this morning and his face was all swollen. He couldn't even see. He was taken to the vet and it turns out he was bitten by a spider. :( They gave him a couple of shots and said he'll be alright.

This dog is hyper!! It's jumping all over the place!!

FizzingWhizzbees said:
I'm really glad you found him and nothing horrible happened to him. Have you tried calling any local animals shelters or your local police department to see if someone has resported their dog is missing?

:yes: One step ahead of ya. Although the police department wouldn't care around here LOL. They'd just tell me to take it to the shelter. I'm gonna try to avoid doing that though. I've also gone down to PetSmart and Petco and posted notes on their "Lost & Found" board.

Edgette, Im sorry your poor little doggy was bitten, but at least he's gonna be ok :)

Bonobabe, I'm sorry about your friends dog. You are right. There's no way a 6 month old pup is gonna stay just in their yard lol. Years ago we had a poodle who'd never leave this house. Someone how she'd gotten free and even crossed SEVERAL busy roads. Miracously she made it a couple miles away and was found hiding from the heat underneath a truck. :heart:

Edgette - so glad you took your dog in for care, with those reactions they can die if their throat swells up like his face did, could have been very bad - glad he's ok :)

Trevor the puppy savior! I do hope you find the owner.....

And just another tip to all of you out there - at least in the U.S., most animal shelters and humane societies have scanners now, to scan animals that come in for microchips. These are under the skin, so if the collar comes off, they can still be identified by the info programmed into the chip. We do them at school for less than $20. Might be worth taking the little guy to a shelter to see if he has a chip, just in case, Trevor :)

Re: This dog is hyper!! It's jumping all over the place!!

Cleasai said:

:yes: One step ahead of ya. Although the police department wouldn't care around here LOL. They'd just tell me to take it to the shelter. I'm gonna try to avoid doing that though. I've also gone down to PetSmart and Petco and posted notes on their "Lost & Found" board.

Edgette, Im sorry your poor little doggy was bitten, but at least he's gonna be ok :)

Bonobabe, I'm sorry about your friends dog. You are right. There's no way a 6 month old pup is gonna stay just in their yard lol. Years ago we had a poodle who'd never leave this house. Someone how she'd gotten free and even crossed SEVERAL busy roads. Miracously she made it a couple miles away and was found hiding from the heat underneath a truck. :heart:

What makes it more heartbreaking for me...I took care of this pup in April while his family went to Florida for 2 weeks. My kids got very attached to him in that time. I'm just very angry that this happened. There's no excuse....grrrrrrrrrr....sorry folks....I'm just venting.

Edgette said:
Poor puppy. Hope you find out who he belongs to.

My puppy, who just turned one, isn't afraid of the fireworks. But, we woke up this morning and his face was all swollen. He couldn't even see. He was taken to the vet and it turns out he was bitten by a spider. :( They gave him a couple of shots and said he'll be alright.

Poor puppy! This has happened to my pug sooo many times! He has swallowed bees and had his throat swell up and had to go to the vet... gotten stung/bit by *something* and had his face swell up...was bitten by a bunch of spiders and broke out in hives so badly he had to go to the ICU.

Turns out, he is super-allergic to any kind of bite or sting...they even give him Benadryl whenever they give him his yearly shots. Of course, Quincy is obsessed with insects like a cat and loves to stalk them--and has a tendency of climbing through every shrub or exploring any icky area where biting insects would be found. You'd think he would learn, but he hasn't. So we have to keep a close eye on him.

And he is terrified of fireworks. All our dogs have been. The 4th is not the happiest time in our house!

Good luck finding the puppy's owners. That is so cool that you did what you did.

We got our new dog from a shelter. There are some very good ones out there that have a "no kill" policy. It is not necessarily a bad thing if you don't find the original owners and can't keep him yourself. And BLS is right about checking for a chip. We had one put in our dog because he was a stray and we don't know what his story was.

Our little guy is not afraid of thunder storms, but he was not very happy about the firewoks. He settled down once he was safely tucked away in his kennel.

Edgette, sorry to here about your doggie's trouble. Glad he'll be okay.

Bonobabe, that is so sad about that puppy. You are right. The owners should have known better. We keep our new dog (8 months old) on a leash if he is not in our fenced in yard. Young dogs are so curious and are not trained well enough to be loose. Hopefully your friends learned a lesson.

Here's hoping for happy endings!

Happy Ending!!

Just two days after saving "Chief" I got a call from a girl who had just seen my poster. While she was out shopping over at Old Navy she also saw a "lost dog" poster over there with his picture on the poster. I thanked the girl and sped over there.

LOST DOG - "CHIEF"
Curly tailed - Shiba Inu;
red/orange colored fur/white stomach; looks like a fox; male/neutered; 23 pounds; 1 year old.
Medical condition (common in breed: hip displacement if too active, needs medical attention frequently).

When I called, they were so estatic that they started to get choked up. :cute: I guess they were down here watching the fireworks. They had chief on a harness and leash but he somehow escaped from it. I'm glad they finally have their puppy back. Besides, he was driving me up the wall. :lol: Pita didn't think to highly of him at all :tongue:

dog3.jpg

yay! nice to hear that Chief was reunited with his family. Looks like one helluva cute dawg

Back
Top Bottom