Poor Justin Timberlake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I don't have a link to the story, but my paper today said he had to drop out of co-hosting the Motown anniversary special with Lionel Ritchie because of an onslaught of backlash and complaints from activists groups blaming him for Janet Jackson's Super Bowl, uh, problem. You know, I can't stand the guy, I don't like his looks or his music, but I feel sorry for him as a person because this is just wrong. :sigh:

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:
Yeah this guy has about as much to do with Motown than Avril Lavine has to do with punk.

hehehehehehehehehehe

and showing a boob in the middle of the most watched show of the year is "just wrong" as well... and there should be some sort of punishment involved for his and janet's actions... and after that punishment is inacted we should all forget about it and move on to bigger and more important issues... such as smacking bono upside the head the next time he tries to leave the studio to go fight for the victims of north african whooping cough.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

and showing a boob in the middle of the most watched show of the year is "just wrong" as well... and there should be some sor

I agree. I didn't want to bring it up, but why it seems 'just wrong' to me is that these people who complained were rabble roused up black activists who were accusing Justin of being somehow 'racist' for doing that to poor Janet! :rolleyes: They were BOTH guilty, black or white, male or female, you can't blame one withouth the other I don't think. But you know the Jackson family, they never do anything wrong, they're just so pitiful and persecuted :yawn:

I heard he's getting more heat over this than Janet over in the US, which is odd, to me they're in it together, sure he pulled the clothes but hey, I'm sure she'd okayed it.
(they both apologized anyway, he even more times than she - if anyone's counting)

I read Janet was banned from the Grammys because of the Superbowl "thing", but isn't is true she was supposed to present Luther Vandross on stage, and as he is not well she didn't show up either?

The R&B community really loves Justin. They have welcomed him since his NSync days.

He is working on a movie, so he can't do this motown deal.

I did read the article even though I don't have a link to share either. It seems people were upset that he was all too happy to throw the entire blame for the "wardrobe malfunction" on Janet. I think that makes him a spineless jerk, but not necessarily a racist.

Personally I don't think he should have ever been invited to co-host the Motown special in the first place - not because he is white, but because as BVS said, he's got about as much to do with Motown as Avril Lavigne does to punk. :eyebrow:

Yeah Bono's Shades, I agree.

The paper said he was using the movie as an excuse, but really he backed out because of the complaints and he didn't want to cause any trouble. It's true the R and B community loved him, but since the Janet thing, I have heard several reports that they felt betrayed by him, they welcomed him, he took their sound and moves, then he 'did' 'this.' They don't all feel that way but some have complained. If anyone doesn't believe me, I can find the links. You can also read dreadsox's thread down there in the similar threads thing.

Last edited:
Janet's tits have nothing to do with Justin and Motown, no matter how offensive it was or was not, it has nothing to do with now...or tomorrow...and so on.

I was shocked to learn that Janet Jackson has a boob
both her and Justin's music should be banned because of the emotional trauma that realisation caused me

beli said:
Has anyone actually proved it was Janets boob? It was surrounded in fabric so it could well have been one of those tacky aprons wot footy players wear.

I don't really want to know :yuck:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom