Poll: what are the CDs you plan to buy? Help me decide on something... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 05-04-2002, 07:24 PM   #16
The Fly
Local Time: 01:39 AM

Old 05-04-2002, 11:34 PM   #17
New Yorker
Local Time: 01:39 AM
korn,s new album will be out soon get that and get all the ramones albums and the Hives cd,,, cant think of any more.

i dont want to be a pinhead no more.

Old 05-05-2002, 02:01 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 03:39 AM
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Bono-vox: Pablo honey eh? Hmmm - will consider it. (Creep is on that album right?)

Sula: Elbow? I saw one or two videos and i thought they were one of most interesting bands i heard in a while.

Khanada: Ahhh yes. Get ready it is - just couldn't remember it.

About Elvis Costello - he sang a song in Austin Powers 2 - is that written by him? I love that song.

Old 05-05-2002, 02:31 AM   #19
love, blood, life
Local Time: 09:39 PM
Moby - 18 (coming in about 10 days)
"Nowhere" Soundtrack (hard to find)
Slowdive - Pygmalion (hard to find)
Brian Eno albums (I forget which one I want currently)

That's my wish list currently. Lately, I've been into disillusionment and angst in my music lately. I'm just a bit mad that most of the music I'm into is terribly obscure for the music stores around here.

"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy
Old 05-05-2002, 07:33 AM   #20
Local Time: 09:39 PM
Just bought Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and it is incredible!

every moment's a little bit later.
Old 05-05-2002, 08:49 PM   #21
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 08:39 PM
why is it that all the good new cd's have been coming out sometime around now, or later this summer?
Old 05-05-2002, 09:01 PM   #22
Local Time: 12:39 PM
you have some good choices in your list U2Girl- being a huge Janes Addiction fan I reccomend that you get the album 'Ritual De Lo Habitual' it was their last album and it has Been caught stealing on it(which in my opinion is not really a great JA song- they really do have so many great songs)- this is a great album to get, but that is as long as you dont mind a bit of 'heavy' music- not that the sound is as big as Metallica or something like that, but I would say that if you are happy with bands like the Red hot chilli peppers, then you will like this album.......

Just recently I have been downloading some Siouxsie and the Banshees stuff and really I would recommend any of their work....

Ultimate cure album would be Disintergration- dong get the greatest hits- just get this album, it may as well be the Cure's greatest hits as nearly all of their best songs feature on this album...

Manic Street Preachers are a great band and the one that you are getting is their new album- but I would also recommend 'The Holy Bible'