Poll: State flowers, name yours and give a description...let's name all of them in 50

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DebbieSG

Refugee
What is your state (for the United States fans) flower?

(reminder: there are fifty states in the US, 48 on the continent, not counting Alaska)

If you want, you can also answer the poll, "What color is your state flower?"

Answer below, and you can tell anything you like about it.

I'll start:

CALIFORNIA-- the Poppy (small and comes in bunches on the wild hillsides, especially around Oakland and Berkeley here near San Francisco, and it has a small dark middle, if that makes sense?):wink:

RHODE ISLAND: Violet. It's, uhhh...violet. And small. Like Rhode Island.

Re: Poll: State flowers, name yours and give a description...let's name all of them in 50

DebbieSG said:

CALIFORNIA-- the Poppy (small and comes in bunches on the wild hillsides, especially around Oakland and Berkeley here near San Francisco, and it has a small dark middle, if that makes sense?):wink:

grows very well in Afghanistan, also.:sexywink:

Iowa: wild rose. It's pink and really beautiful. I'm not sure I've ever seen any actually growing in roadside ditches or in the woods, but I've seen pictures.

Texas - bluebonnet.. really tall beautiful flowers, some are purple and some are blue. mostly grow in open fields and hillsides

Last edited:
I like sagebrush. You can make smudge sticks out of it.

Washington's state flower is the Coast Rhododendron.

symrhody.jpg

FLORIDA STATE FLOWER - ORANGE BLOSSOM

blossom.gif

The orange blossom was designated State Flower by Concurrent Resolution Nov. 15, 1909 Legislature. It is one of the most fragrant flowers in Florida. Millions of these white flowers perfume the atmosphere throughout central and south Florida during orange blossom time.

NSW- Australia
Waratah - Hardy medium shrub, grows at higher altitudes in rocky soil. Beautiful deep red, waxy flowers form at the end of each branch. The flower is like a symetrical cone made up of rows of waxy fingers. They keep well as cut flowers. They are superb.
If I had a bunch of them now I'd give them to Adam Clayton.....and then faint:)

As Zony said, the State flower for Minnesota is the Showy Lady Slipper:

showy-fg-w2k-th.jpg

Last edited:
Michigan
State Flower: Apple Blossom
In 1897 Michigan legislators, feeling that "a refined sentiment" called for the naming of a state flower, designated the apple blossom. Joint Resolution 10 of that year noted "one of the most fragrant and beautiful flowered species of apple, the pyrus coronaria, is native to our state." Legislators also proudly declared that "Michigan apples have gained a worldwide reputation." A century later, Michigan ranks second in the nation in apple production.

ss_appleblossom_871_7.gif

Back
Top Bottom