Poll: GORILLAZ!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

notiti

Refugee
Who's YOUR gorilla? I am a Noodle girl all the way.
sub question: Who's band do you like the best?
2D & Blur
Noodle & Cibo Matto
Murdoc & Talking Heads
Russel & Dan the Automator
Del & Deltron 3030 or Del tha Funky homosapian
I think I got all the bands right, so what you think fools?
I heart Cibo Matto & Deltron 3030 the most...

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

2D all the way, baby

I'm a Blur girl after all
smile.gif

Bios...

2D
Born: Crawley
Influences: Butorphanoi, Tartrate, Phill Oakey, Lucio Fulci
Hit twice on the head when young, 2D is a sweetheart with a blank sheet of paper where a brain should be. He has really good hair. People think he's cool and enigmatic but he's just got a migraine.

2D idolises Murdoc, who, he feels, saved his life. Keyboard wizard, melodica maniac, graffiti compulsive and the perfect pin-up product. Voice like an angel, arse like a satsuma. Mind full of zombies and painkillers. Says nothing controversial. Says nothing much at all.

Loved by everyone (except the green eyed Murdoc), 2D has legions of lady followers and would make a good boyfriend if only he'd wake up.

2d-largesideblack.jpg

Murdoc
Born: Stoke-on-Trent, 6.6.66
Influences: Sabbath, Dub, J Andrew Anderson, Dennis Wilson, Satan
Hobbie: Punching 2D
The snaggle toothed svengali of Gorillaz, his flop fringe disguises a mind like a rusty steel trap.

Self-taught bassist, wannabe frontman, he's the band's warped back seat driver who knows that good tunes aren't enough to succeed. You need good looks - which he hasn't got - and a twisted mind - which he has.

Murdoc likes to dominate interviews, a rent-a-quote misogynist who speaks without a taste filter.

Ex speed freak. Personal hygiene problem. Kiddie frightener. Shoplifter. Heavy smoker. Max power subscriber. Used to set fire to cats.

murdoc-largesideblack.jpg

Russel
Born: New York State
Influences: Farrakhan, Chaka Khan
A hip-hop hard man from the US of A, Russel draws upon spooky spirit mates to help guide his beats. The funkyphantoms live within Russel's hunking frame and pop out every so often to provide some undead rapping.

Russel himself is well adjusted, with an enviable wardrobe. Beautifully spoken. Polite to his elders. Privately educated.

Proper musician. Without Russel, Gorillaz couldn't survive: he's the safety net, the linebacker, the true defender. Women love his solid safety, men his solid credentials.

Multiple trainer owner. Likes to eat.

russel-falling175.jpg

Noodle

Born: Osaka
Influences: Haiku poetry, Loa Zi, Richie Sambora
Noodle arrived in a crate. She's a kick ass riffmeister, the Asian axe princess. Doesn't speak more than a word of English, and that word is "Noodle."

Martial Arts expert, little ice maiden, she looks at the world through unfazed eyes.

Usually found with Russel. Special zen bond with 2D. Tickled by Murdoc's desperation.

Irrepressible. Inscrutable. Irresistable.

Likes: Power Puff Girls, Tomagatchi pets, Pokemon, Yo-yo's, her new radio headphone hat, rice and noodles.

noodle-falling175.jpg

EXTRA SUGAR, EXTRA SALT, EXTRA OIL, MSG!!!!

------------------

It's a tough decision because I love all Gorillaz and their bands but if I have to choose one favorite character I would choose Murdoc.

RTH_homepage_murd.gif

2D is cute and stylish but he is not very bright. Murdoc would be the first one to tell you that he is the brains behind the band while 2D is just a pretty face. No offense to the Blur girls out there cause I love Damon too. Don't forget that Murdoc saved 2D's life!
wink.gif
Murdoc is interesting because he is evil and he has all those secrets locked up inside that winnebago. Also, I believe that Jamie Hewlett, the animator of Gorillaz, is the voice of Murdoc. If you have heard the radio interviews from the winnebago you will know that he says some funny shit.

mudsbody.gif

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Don't forget the ghost rapper, because Russel is just the drummer. The ghost rapper is the one that comes out of Russel's head during the Clint Eastwood video and he is featured prominently in the Rock the House video too. He just wants us all to get down. Is there anything wrong with that?

still-side.jpg

ghostrapperfull.jpg

I know you like that
You wanna try that!

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Originally posted by Calluna:

Don't forget the ghost rapper, because Russel is just the drummer.

Oh man, Larry Mullen is going to kick your ass.

By the way, what are the nationalities of the (real) Gorillaz? I know Damon Albarn is British, but what of the rest?

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Originally posted by PopFly:
Oh man, Larry Mullen is going to kick your ass.

By the way, what are the nationalities of the (real) Gorillaz? I know Damon Albarn is British, but what of the rest?

I shall enlighten thee with my expansive knowledge of all things Gorillaz...
Russel: From New York ,NY
Del tha Funky HomoSapien: Also from NY, (came to live in Russel's head after he was killed in a drive by that Russel survived)
Noodle: Osaka! GORILLAZ!!!!!!
Murdoc: Stoke on Treanton, UK

Freakin booties speakin to the cuties so beligerent!!!!!!

------------------

Sigh...
No, I mean where are the REAL PEOPLE BEHIND the Gorillaz from.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Back
Top Bottom