Poll: Favorite Star Wars Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which one of the Star Wars movies is best?

• Star Wars

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • The Phantom Menace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Which one did you find most entertaining? I like Return of the Jedi. Maybe it's the triumphant ending. Maybe it's the coolness of Luke at the sarac pit. It's the one I could watch over and over again and not get tired of it. You?

Return of the Jedi. Just cuz I loved Han's face when Leia kissed him near the end...that shocked look into the camera. :D

somebody smack the peanut gallery

Sicy said:
How bout 'none' ?

* runs

:rolleyes:<---to the peanut gallery

okay
defenitely Empire, best movie by far
I held my breath for three (3) years to see if Han Solo lived or died, so Jedi was great for me. Loved it. But in hindsight Empire was the best without a doubt.

The new movies are good, just saw Clones last night, but not as good. The special effects are far better now, but the story and characters fall way short. But I will say that Darth Maul was the best villian of all the movies.

Don't make me choose... it's like choosing a favorite U2 album.. I can't do it. But if I had to, it would be either ESB or ROTJ. Empire because it's dark and the ending is great and ROTJ because of how confident Luke comes back... I could continue for hours, but I'll spare you and I'll stop rambling now...

PhantomCat.jpg

heh...nice katherine...very nice...

i used to be far more into star wars...but back in the day my fav was rotj...i just liked the ewoks, i think...

People rip on the two new installments of "Star Wars", but for me, the shredding should have began with "Return of the Jedi." I'm *more* than old enough to have seen all of the originals in the theaters (and I did - saw "Star Wars" 3x, which was unreal back then). When my friends and I left "Return of the Jedi" we called it "Return of the Muppets." :D The film was WAY to cute and happy and truly stood out as a children's film, as compared to the earlier films. To this day, 'Return... " is my least favorite.

Here are my rankings:
  1. Empire Strikes Back
  2. A New Hope
  3. Attack of the Clones
  4. The Phantom Menace
  5. Return of the Jedi

Yes, that's right, I like the bumbling annoying Jar Jar and the horrible child actor Jake Lloyd *more* than I liked the banal muppets and the somewhat anti-climatic ending in "Return...".

Looks like Sicy and Rodes are allergic to Science Fiction or simply do not like by far the most popular set of movies in history. Overall they are great stories, despite the weaker new serious, even without the special effects. They draw on many cultural and religious backgrounds in the movies from human history and combine them with Georges imagination. What a galaxy George has created. I hear there is going to be a 4th Indiana Jones movie, another great series as well that George writes the story for. The members of U2 especially the Edge are big fans of Star Wars as well.

Return of the Jedi and Star Wars are tied for me, I like Jedi a little more. I don't like the Ewok stuff though. It really drags the movie down IMO. I think I know why they did it though: I went to see it 7 times at the theater when it was new, a couple of those times with my young neice and nephews who weren't really following the intense storyline and got bored quickly, asking to go to the bathroom when they didn't have to go just to play with the soap dispenser. Then the Ewoks came on and those kids (ages 2, 4, 5, and 6) became glued to the screen and laughed and bounced up and down. The kids settled down, regained interest and enjoyed the rest of the movie (some screamed and cried when Luke was being electrocuted by the emperor though) The silly Ewoks served their purpose and were really strategically placed. They're still more tolerable than Jar Jar Binks too!

older than dirt

doctorwho said:
" I'm *more* than old enough to have seen all of the originals in the theaters

:laugh:
hahahahahhahahahaha:laugh:
hahaha:laugh:
hahaha:laugh:
ahahhaahahaha:laugh:
hahahahahahahahahah:laugh:
hahahah:laugh:
hahahahahaha:laugh:

Don't laugh at doctorwho, though he was more than old enough to see them in the theaters, I was older! I was 16 and went on a car date to see Star Wars when it was new! I saw Empire at the Drive-In! I went to Jedi 7 times, with my teenage brother and his friends, my future husband, and my older brother and sister and their kids.

My "little" brother and I were so into Jedi we used to drive for miles looking for the action figures. Oh yes the neice and nephews loved them too but we really collected them and set them up in football formation with Yoda and Ben as the coaches. We sat in the floor doing this for more hours than I care to admit. He was 14. I was 22. :eek:

GypsyHeartgirl said:
Don't laugh at doctorwho, though he was more than old enough to see them in the theaters, I was older! I was 16 and went on a car date to see Star Wars when it was new!

Thanks for defending me Gypsy, but no need. Because I'm proud of my age. I pity Z Edge for never having been able to experience "Star Wars" when it was first released. The poor fool... youth has betrayed him.

1. Empire Strikes Back......10 out of 10
1. Attack of the Clones.....10
3. Return of the Jedi.........8.75
4. Star Wars.....................8
5. Phantom Menace..........7.5

Empire Strikes Back - 10
Return of The Jedi - 9 ( -1 just for change of the last scene of celebration , i think the original made more sence )
Star Wars -A New Hope - 9 ( it's a classic too )
Attack Of The Clones 8 - ( not bad , not bad at all , but ... so far away from original , )

Phantom Menace 7 ( good for a first chapter , like The hobbit before Lord of Rings )

and i liked all the bad guys .

Here's how I feel.

I don't really have a favorite, per se, since the big thing I like about Star Wars is the whole Anakin Skywalker story. As such, I think the only way I can fully appreciate the entire story is with all six episodes, and leaving any one of them out would make the story incomplete. Each film depicts a stage in Anakin's life.

TPM - His troubled youth (as a slave) and dreams of a better life (as a Jedi).
AOTC - His better life ruined by a terrible loss (his mother) and his attempt to make things better (marrying Padme).
Ep 3 - His fall to the Dark Side.
ANH - His complete surrender to the Dark Side (Killing Obi-Wan) and a glimpse of hope for his redemption (Luke).
ESB - His rise in the Dark Side and attempt to seduce his son (to rule the galaxy as father and son).
ROTJ - His inner conflict coming to the surface, his redemption (defying the Emperor and killing him) , and bringing balance to the Force (destroying the Sith).

I could go into it a lot more, but I don't want to bore you.

I guess if I had to choose, it would have to be the second half of Jedi when Vader has to decide between his Master and his son, but the power of that moment is nothing without the buildup.

Back
Top Bottom