Poll: Favorite Classic rock band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favorite Classic Rock Band

• The Beatles

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • The Rolling Stones

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • The Who

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • The Doors

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Aerosmith

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Pink Floyd

Votes: 12 18.8%

• Total voters
Pink Floyd were amazing.
such unique music!

A lot of the beatles stuff is boy-band type poppy material. Even though, its still a lot better than todays boybands cos they play their own instruments!

For 2nd I'd have to say the Doors.

Basstrap said:
Pink Floyd were amazing.
such unique music!

A lot of the beatles stuff is boy-band type poppy material.

I take it you're referring to early Beatles (1962-1965).

Yeah, so their early lyrics were standard boy-meets-girl, boy-loses-girl fluff. But their melodies, and especially their harmonies, were out of this world. I count 9 different chords in "I Want To Hold Your Hand."

God only knows how many different chords are in Shine on You Crazy Diamond!

and on that note, thats another thing I love about PF. I love those melodic songs that just go on forever.
ahhhhhhh...:drool:

Basstrap said:
God only knows how many different chords are in Shine on You Crazy Diamond!

I think you're comparing apples to moon rocks here. "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" is a completely different species from "I Want To Hold Your Hand."

I was just trying to make the point that the Beatles perfected the Silly Love Song genre.

RE: Poll

Sigh, I don't think my vote should count. I don't really have Led Zeppelin as my favorite classic rock band, but out of the choices, I knew more of their songs than any of the others.

i put floyd cause i don't think the beatles are really classic rock...actually, i'm more of a mix and match kinda girl, so this poll isn't a good one for me...

Gotta have a little LED in my diet! Although, the Doors are...for lack of a better word, knocking at Zeppelin's door!

I'm glad so see everyone is getting votes! They're all doing well except Aerosmith. This is fun and they're all so good, I'd like to vote for all of them. Yeah I did forget Crream and Hendrix but Cream really didn't last long enough to have the impact of the others and Hendrix was known more of a solo artist. If you want a write in vote go ahead!

U2Kitten said:
Yeah I did forget Crream and Hendrix but Cream really didn't last long enough to have the impact of the others.

Cream actually had influence far beyond even they knew, on Hendrix, Sabbath, Led Zep, Deep Purple, and most of the hard-blues bands to follow. They never had an image like The Doors, and aren't trendy to like these days like The Doors/Pink Floyd/etc are, but were just as important. If you just wanted the best blues-rock around, Cream was it. They really were about the music.

Back
Top Bottom