Poll: Cheesiest 80's family sitcom!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What was the cheesiest 80's family sitcom?

• Growing Pains

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Family Ties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Cosby Show

• Full House

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • other- if I've forgotten one please do tell!

• Total voters

Tabby

Refugee
There were so many of them that were so unbearable to sit through most episodes because of the corn and cheese! Remember those 'touching' speeches to the kids set to background muzak? The 'lessons' they were supposed to have learned? Sigh. I don't know what's worse, the tearjerker dead parent theme or parents so nauseating you wish they'd killed them off? What's worse, kids trying to be cutesy or kids trying to be wise-asses? Vote for the one that annoyed you the most!

I don't think that I would ever call The Cosby Show "cheesy." I loved that show and I still enjoy watching reruns. :)

As for the other choices though, they are definitely cheesy. I used to watch Family Ties all the time when I was a lil tyke. Just recently I watched an episode on Nick at Nite and it floored me! I had no idea how cheesy it really was!

Growing Pains = sucks
Family Ties = sucks even more
Full House = sucks even MORE

Ugh, I used to be obsessed with Full House when I was little. :barf:

I agree with kariatari.. I love the Cosby Show :D

I have no clue what series ar meant by Family Ties and Growing Pains since they have other titles here in Germany, but I know the Cosby Show and Full House - and I didn't like Full House at all.....but in former times this was the only show at that time on TV and I was sort of forced to watch it. :( The Cosby Show is still cool and I loooove it!

The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air rules! :cool:

In a way they're all cheesy because they all have those episodes where they try to teach you to abandon your dreams and go to college, and they make such a big deal out of the working mom crap and the chores and the lame punishments. Full House was the corniest, but I used to like to watch it just to see the scenes of SF because I had a thing for the city. Yes I was full grown LOL. I finally got to go there in 1994 and pose in front of Candlestick Park. I'm not worthy! The rest of the city was cool too.

Full House was pretty bad, alright - but people are forgetting (mercifully, perhaps) Who's the Boss. The beginning, though unfortunately not the end, of Tony Danza's acting career.

Of course the 80s produced its own antidote to cheesiness - meet the Bundys lol - Married With Children.

Al Bundy arrives for work at the shoe shop:

'Oh God.'

Al Bundy five hours later with head clasped in hands:

'Oh God...'

Full House! That was extreme cheese factor.

Growing Pains, The Cosby Show, and Family Ties were all fabulous shows. Especially The Cosby Show, it was classic. Perfecto.

Kieran McConville said:
Full House was pretty bad, alright - but people are forgetting (mercifully, perhaps) Who's the Boss. The beginning, though unfortunately not the end, of Tony Danza's acting career.

:confused:

Tony Danza starred in "Taxi." So I don't get your comment - as "Who's the Boss" came after "Taxi" (i.e. "Boss" was not the beginning of Danza's acting career - although, it may have ended it. ;)).

Bill%20Cosby%20.jpg

i wouldn't call the cosby show cheesy by any means...i voted for full house...something about all that hugging...gives me the willies.

doctorwho said:

:confused:

Tony Danza starred in "Taxi." So I don't get your comment - as "Who's the Boss" came after "Taxi" (i.e. "Boss" was not the beginning of Danza's acting career - although, it may have ended it. ;)).

Jesus Christ, you mean he had other roles as well? OK, well I was unaware of 'Taxi'. Do you get my comment now (completely invalid though it may be)?

full house..."puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze"

i used to watch it all the time...on friday nights...anyway, now if i see it i have an unhinged urge to bash my head with a sledgehammer...

:barf: :no: :barf: :no: :barf:

Back
Top Bottom