Poll:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's your favorite Bond actor?

• Sean Connery

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Roger Moore

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Pierce Brosnan

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • any of the others (George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton)

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Poll: favorite Bond actor

So who was your favorite Bond actor?

Edit: hmmmm I don't know. Most of the Bond movies I saw were Moore movies, but I also saw 2 or 3 Connery Bonds and the Brosnan Bonds. I preferred Moore over Connery but I also think Brosnan makes a great Bond.

:shrug:

Last edited:
1-Roger Moore
2-Sean Connery
3-Timothy Dalton
4-Pierce Brosnan

Most of the Bond movies I've seen have been with Moore. Connery was the perfect first Bond. He really set the pace for how Bond was portrayed on the big screen. Moore had the best run and, if I'm not mistaken, the most success. Dalton held his own, but was able to be gone before the series went into the crapper. Brosnan's ok, but the writing(?) is for shit. Last Bond flick I saw was Goldeneye in 1995. Ironically, Bono wrote the theme for it and Tina Turner performed it. Good song. Anyway, Bond is lame now. They should bring back Connery, Moore and Dalton and have them play various Bonds all together in the same movie. That'd be cool. Otherwise end the series. Only reason people give a fuck about Brosnan is the orifice he's filling. She shoots out a few kids and then he finally marries her. Isn't that nice. How suave. Would Bond be pulling this shit? BTW, Brosnan's wife appeared in SammyVanHalen's video, Feels So Good, back in 1989 off their OU812 album.

I grew up on the Moore Bond films, but it did not take long for the series to lose imaginative edge that the Connery Bond films had in their day.

A UK Based film magazine once ran a special with articles and analysis on each Bond actor and applied single lines to describe each one..Connery was the The Original, Lazenby the The One-Off, Moore was The Joker. Dalton was The Dark Side, and Brosnan was The All-Rounder..I think that sums up why Brosnan is probably my favourite Bond because he encapsulates each and every element that makes Bond what he is, and how I would personally imagine Bond to be. Although I do not rate George Lazenby very highly at all although On Her Majesties Secret Service is one of the best Bond movies ever..would have been great to have seen Connery reprise the role alongside that story. Connery is always going to the Bond that people grew up with and remember as the face of Bond no matter who fills his shoes in however many years time..definately a close second place for me..Moore I was never keen on either...I just never saw Bond as a comedian to that degree..although View To A Kill ranks highly..and almost makes up for Moonraker*~*Dalton's only fault for me was that he approached Bond in the way that he probably had approached all his previous movie roles..he possibly looked too deep into how Flemming depicted Bond and what shaped Bond's character which gave him a colder and more serious edge which was lost on many Bond fans who didn't necessarily approach Bond themselves with that mentality..I think he would have settled into the role more after his first two had he also been able to explore the more sexual aspects of Bond which he had been limited for him before..I think he contributed two of the best Bond films to the series

..I must really be in a Bond mood tonight...:huh:

Sean Connery definitely. I associate Bond with 60s/70s esthetics and in that context Connery was his ideal personification. Moore wasn't bad but not comparable IMHO. Maybe they could have called it quits when Roger discharged himself (or was fired) from the saga - at least that's when I definitely started seeing Bond as an outdated character.

I'll take Anal Bum Cover for $5 million

HA! i was just watching an old bond the other day with my grandparents and almost fell of my rocker when they told me that that man was in fact, Sean Connery.

I mean, wheres the beard and the belly? :confused:

:laugh:

I am an idiot. But he did get all the ladies. :sexywink:

The next Bond they should get is Hugh Grant. Then they could show how Bond gets busted trying to get a blow job in Hollywood. That's all Pierce Brosnan is. An older Hugh Grant. Let's not forgot, Grant was with Elizabeth Hurley for a while. That's gotta be the Bond Litmus Test right there, landing your very own supermodel.

Roger Moore Forever! Best Bond Movie Title: Octopussy. Damn, I didn't know that thing could have eight sides.

Hugh Grant?? HA! So long as he grows some balls real soon and learns how to act. Sure, why not. If he also stops pulling the Basset Hound faces, he could look the part! He just strikes me as too emotional in the roles he has previously played.
I gotta say Moore is my favourite Bond too though. Brosnan is aesthetically better, but Moore is just so damn good!

Timothy Dalton! He's cute! And pretty good actor too! I have seen all the Bond movies and he is the first Bond that comes to my mind!!! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom