Poland/Ukraine 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Breaking news: The Poland/Ukraine bid to host the 2012 European championship has won out against the Italy 2012 and Hungary/Croatia 2012 bids.

Bit of an upset, Italy was hot favourite to win the right to Euro 2012, while the Polish/Ukrainian bid only scraped through to make the final shortlist of 3.

I for one, am very satisfied. Two populous and football-loving nations without any real experience at hosting a major football tournament, have finally been rewarded with the most unifying thing of all, to host a major international football competition.

Italy have too many crowd problems and match-fixing sagas in recent years, and they last had a major tournament as recently as 1990, so I was glad they lost out.

The Croatia/Hungary bid never really appealed to me much, it just seemed like such an unlikely pairing, and I questioned whether the people of those two nations would embrace it as much as the Poles and the Ukraininans will. Their time will come....

A Video of Michel Platini announcing the winning bid is on the uefa.com website....

Looking forward to spending the summer of 2012 in Ukraine and Poland, lapping up what will be an amazing feast of football at it's finest..

I'm happy that Poland/Ukraine won it, It's close to Slovakia so I'm going there, I also hope that I would finally see our national team there. Poles got really faithful fans, but especially fans from Cracow are really dangerous and aggresive

1stepcloser said:
Hopefully by 2012 England will have a manager at the helm who isn't a complete pillock.

Don't get you hopes up....

Perhaps it's time to reconsider Terry Vegetables

intedomine said:

Terry Vegetables

good one. :sexywink:

if arsene leaves arsenal after next season, the FA better do everything they can to sign him up to the job.

although it would be ironic in a way... considering his side rarely consists of even a single englishman.

Back
Top Bottom