Pogues Reuniting and Reissuing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Okay, so I was definitely behind the times on this whole Pogues thing because the group is fantastic. Thank God for digital cable and the Sundance Channel showing "If I Should Fall From Grace With God," the Shane MacGowan documentary (completely interesting and heartbreaking if you haven't had a chance to check it out).

Anyway, saw this on NME.com today. Lucky ducks living in the UK and Ireland, you get a Pogues reunion tour!!!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Irish legends THE POGUES are to reissue remastered and expanded editions of all seven of their studio albums shortly before they embark on another reunion tour of the UK and Ireland.

November 5 will see the reissue of 'Red Roses For Me', 'Rum, Sodomy & The Lash', 'If I Should Fall From Grace With God', 'Peace And Love', 'Hell's Ditch', 'Waiting For Herb' and 'Pogue Mahone'.

The CDs will contain 36 extra songs spread across the set, many of which have previously been unavailable on CD. The booklets will also feature previously unseen photographs, as well as sleevenotes from friends and fans Tom Waits, Steve Earle, Jim Jarmusch, Patrick McCabe, Matt Dillon, Bob Geldof and Stuart Pearce.

As previously revealed on NME.COM, singer Shane MacGowan is to rejoin The Pogues for a pre-Christmas tour of the UK and Ireland.

The band will play eight dates around the country. The band, who performed a similar tour in 2001, and MacGowan last appeared love onstage together at the Fleadh in London's Finsbury Park in 2002.

This time, the band will be joined on vocals by Cait O'Riordan, who was the band's original bass player from 1982-1986. O'Riordan sang ‘I‘m A Man You Don‘t Meet Everyday’ on the ‘Rum, Sodomy & The Lash’ album.

The full list of dates is as follows:

Glasgow Academy (December 13/14)
Newcastle Arena (16)
Birmingham Academy (17)
Manchester Evening News Arena (18)
London Brixton Academy (20/21)
Dublin Point Theatre (23)

To get tickets, click here or call the NME Ticketline on 0870 1 663 663.

Singer MacGowan initially quit the group in 1991 and the rest of the band eventually disbanded in 1995.

:drool:

I wish I hadn't just bought some of these albums... Of course there may be no real reissues in the US since most of their albums here are imported... but nevertheless

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom